RC Enthusiast

the weather outside is awful and my revo wants to show mother nature whos boss

Question I know it becomes a lot harder to run nitros in the winter is there anything I can do to help regulate motor temp tips n tricks, something I could buy, etc etc. appreciate all info I can get Thank You.

RC Enthusiast
    I had similar questions when I asked about winter break in. I did a lot of research on other forums and on the Traxxas website. I found that using aluminum foil to reduce the effectiveness of the heatsink will help to keep temps up. I also found that starting your engine in a heated room will greatly reduce the amount of starting troubles you have. Simply warm up the heatsink with a hairdryer or heatsink to operating temp before a start. Also, make sure all your electronics are waterproofed. There is an area on my revo by the reciever box that is open and vunerable to water. Make sure you check for these areas and seal them up with grease or a balloon.

The above info is good. Even a baby sock would help regulate temps but do not - DO NOT - lean the engine just to get the temps up. Cold air needs more fuel so even stock settings in cold weather may be lean.
    The Super Derecho

Definitely do not lean. I believe this was the main contributor to my 3.3's failure (along with a faulty con. rod).

As much as I like running my truck, I simply avoid running in temps below 45-50. Mainly because I don't want to be cold, LOL!
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

RC Champion
    i got me a winter engine, i never got an engine that i ran in the winter, run will in the summer. So after 2 years i just kept the engine i ran in the winter for winter only.. and it worked well that way...
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Racer
    How much tinfoil should I wrap the heat sink with? 2 layers?
    Slash 4x4 w/TSM
    Revo 3.3

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by roadsideracoon View Post
    How much tinfoil should I wrap the heat sink with? 2 layers?
    I like the sock idea better, foil will completely block air flow. It will still transfer heat but will it get too hot.? Maybe check with a temp gun. I used the sock method to break my engine in ( because I was too impatient to wait for warm weather) and it worked well. You want to slow down the heat transfer, not stop it completely.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk