Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    RC Enthusiast
    Should a revo be ran in a stadium truck class? What are the qualifications for monster truck and stadium truck classes? I am asking because my first race ever was last night and I lapped everyone in the main. (7 other trucks) Ive only had 4 tanks on the track before racing.. The announcer seemed mad at me for not running stadium even though ive never raced before..

RC Enthusiast
    ok u have truggy's which are sometimes called stadium trucks and the you have the real 1/10th scale stadium trucks. and you should run in one of the two classes:truggy class or the standard monster truck class. but if you are winning in the monster truck class i would run the truggy class because you can only get better by running against faster people.

RC Champion
    [QUOTE= What are the qualifications for monster truck and stadium truck classes?

[url]http://www.roarracing.com/rules.php[/url]
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Competitor
    I was looking at the results for Monster Madness in CT and noticed Battaile finished 2nd in truggy--was he runnin a revo 3.3? wow
    Revo comin through....

RC Racer
    goes to show ya 3.3 can beat big blocks if u have te right skill
    race to win

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jneff28
    I was looking at the results for Monster Madness in CT and noticed Battaile finished 2nd in truggy--was he runnin a revo 3.3? wow

Mugen MBX-T
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Enthusiast
    yea ill probably race stadium truck next week. my best lap was 24 seconds and the stadium trucks average 22 so it will be tough learning to to drive with these guys especially since im running the 2.5r and they all have .21 and up.. next investment new engine, center diff, and rear brake

RC Enthusiast

okie dokie

Atmo, I see now that your signiture is different again. 70/500/50 GRPs Wabash, shock oil etc.

What's the condition of the track you run on? So far you haven't steered me wrong. I'll let yall in on my truck and setup soon. Till then THANK YOU for your Great Info!
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Champion
    I've got the rcpro this weekend and there are 215 racers entered plus 102 degrees. Hard packed to hopefully not to blown out. Some high speed with a rythem section and a 60 foot of roughed up moguls. I have a set of BT/RPMs that are overstuffed with sport Traxx foams with a 1 inch foam insert with shoogood directly to the wheel that I will use if the track gets blown out. Buggys and truggy are turning 32-34 Production 34-39 depending so it should be fun. Alot of low-end spots so I changed my gearing to 15/40 standard ratio for my shiftpoint and some extra speed. But with this heat my fluids are thinning some so I'm staying higher. Hopefully it works
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Enthusiast

Dude!

Well Much Success at the RCPro! Let us know how it turns out.
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Champion
    Thanks, It looks like Houston next month at the your new track.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Enthusiast

Great!

I'm a one day only right now in my life and race mainly at K&M Raceway in New Caney north Houston. Do a fairly good job keeping the younger racers than myself on their toes. If I can break away , I'll come shake your hand.
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Champion
    Whats going on with area 51? I heard some things like they don't have a insurance or a permit and they might shut them down.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Enthusiast
    They are still there just in limbo due to insurance. I don't think they have given up yet. Always a good time when running there.

You will like the River Track in Lake Jackson. That one should be a great race.
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Champion
    I also have gone to with 2 adjustment rings on my shocks and I'm leaving the p-2 spacers on. What I've done is tightened the shocks down to the 2nd to last thread so to keep them there I put a second adjustment on. I'm trying to limit my down travel
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Competitor
    Does Battaile use the standard 14mm hex with Panthers? He just amazes me everytime I watch him or see his results. Wish I could see a close-up of his revo. Wonder how much modification he has done to it???
    Revo comin through....

RC Enthusiast

I heard you there.

He should put his setup online. Show the love. Isn't Mr B. a Traxxas Driver?

Atmo, I can picture the addition ring, Your tighening down to raise ride height and reducing down travel at the same time correct???? Am I reading you right?
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Champion
    Mainly I'm limiting my up travel. My ride hight is the same level. I'm trying to limit my squat. Bye putting 2 adjustment rings I'm able to tighten them down farther then with one. That puts more stress or a tighter area and I limited the amount of shock travel so my front end can't go up as far my rear doesn't squat as bad. I'll take some pics of MBs revo with the lid off and let one of you post them.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Champion
    anyone try the grp cubic tires ? i tried some last night and they hook up nice.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    I've ran them for the last month they hook-up great.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Enthusiast

So Atmo.

How was your weekend? Is there a site to see the results?

BTW, Thanks again for your input. My Revo is coming along better each week.
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Champion
    There not posted yet. Weekend was great but long and hot.
    1st Tim roberts
    2nd Slaydaddy
    3rd Derrick Guidry
    4th Trevor Johnston
    5th Spencer Murphy
    6th Mike Battalie

I finished 11th. I lost my steering servo about 6 mins into the a main after a horrible start I work my way up to 6th and then landed on a truck that flamed out on one of the table tops and that was it. With the field that we had 5 of the top 10 in the country and 8 of the top 10 in the south I was happy just to make the a main. It was cool sharing tents with the traxxas guys and picking there brain on set ups

I got to see the new proline wing and it looks great
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Enthusiast
    I heard that. Making the A is always a good thing. I have been doing alot of changes to my truck and yes, The weak area have been appearing. Good to sit around those that have already been there and done that huh?

A bad day of racing is always better than a good day doodling around the house. Doodling! Can I say that?
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Competitor
    Let us know when you get the pics of Battaile Revo--much appreciated--thanks! Good race by the way--Looking forward to seeing everyone at the finals in Rockford!
    Revo comin through....

RC Champion
    Lastest Set-Up
    Front
    1.5 degrees toe out
    1.5 camber
    P-2 rockers with P-1 pushrods outer hole
    shocks spaced 8/10 down
    4 clips forward
    roll Center upper
    Bump Steer mid low
    Shock pistons #2
    60k tan

Rear
    3 degrees toe
    1.5 camber
    P-2 w/P-1 pushrods outside
    shocks adjusted 8/10 down
    toe angle middle-lo
    shock piston #2
    60k Black
    70-500-50

I used to diferent tire set-ups
    GRP wabash with mid molded foams
    Bow Ties Mts with traxxas sport traxx foams and one thin strip gray foam shoogoo to the wheel rpm full offset wheels
    Saturdays track blown out and dusty Pythons would have been the best tire
    Sunday blue grooved and wet in spots off the line
    fuel tank in the middle battery mounted on my front body post. Ride height 1/2 inch over level
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

Great job Atmo!

RC Enthusiast

Holy Cow!

I can see why you did some of those changes. But P2s w/P1 rods all the way out. Didn't that lower you truck too much? Was the track that smooth? Just dry and slick?

???
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Champion
    No I went to the inside hole with my pushrods and I was 1/2 above level sorry typo on my earlier post. It got pretty rough from saturday and groved nice in spots but it was pretty rough in others places
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Enthusiast

Ok

Now that makes sense. Did the extra battery weight in the front give you better steering? With 3 degree toe-in in back I suspect you didn't have too much traction issues.
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Champion
    Yeah it puts some extra weight right on the front and centering my tank on the chassis helps get all that weight off the rear. I saw where on guy mounted a hump pack inbetween the shocks and tranny. It looked pretty cool.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Qualifier
    Hey atmo, it was nice meeting ya. Thanks for the waters. I must of drank a whole case of them on Saturday. The race was a blast.

We enjoyed hanging out at the track with you guys. See you at the next one. Great job making the A, btw.

RC Champion
    Thanks I think we all drank a gallon or two it was a 105 saturday and by the way "Unbelievable" job for a guy who got 1 lap of practice before the qualifiers and finished glueing there tires 10 minutes before the main
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC poster
    What pipe does Slayden/ Battailes use most? The resonator for the Jato or the Revo?

Also where can you find Battailes setup or is it pretty much the same as Slaydens?

Thanks
    Raceway Hobbies / Team Trinity

RC Champion
    Slayden uses the jato dual chamber resonator with a side exhaust header. Battaile's truck is mostly stock. He has the original electronics boxes and everything on the chassis looks stock. Slaydens truck is in the recent rc car action magazine. It lists his setup and shows pics of his chassis layout.
    Got nitro?

RC Qualifier
    nitrobasher is correct. I've been using the Jato 2-chamber Resonator. The pipe is physically the same as the Revo 2-chamber (stock) pipe, so the powerband remains smooth. The Jato version is assembled with the stinger and the pressure fitting relocated for side-mount configuration.

I was using a custom header made from a N Rustler header pipe, but now I'm using an HPI header from the MT2. The tubing is just as big, but it does not swing out as wide, so you have to really pay attention when mounting it up to avoid interference with the throttle linkage and roll bar. I actually cut the top of my roll bar off still leaving the base legs mounted to the chassis to help secure the engine mount brace and to retain the fuel tubing clips next to the tank. The pipe was leaning against the bar with the HPI header, so this is why I chose to cut it off. The wing and the body does a good job of protecting the engine in a crash without the roll bar.

I have heard of another header to try that swings out wider and would be a better fit. It is the OS RG header. It has a mounting flange that bolts onto the engine case (like the stock header), and swings out around the roll bar nicely. I'm going to try these out as soon as I can.

Mike's set up is basically a lot like my older set-ups. He's running the new 3.3 chassis with the extended arms in the 19mm position. He uses the teflon GTR shocks with 50wt to 60wt fluid. He normally runs the solid shaft with 10K to 20K in the diffs. The solid shaft offers great acceleration, but does not have as good of loose/rough track acceleration and does not offer brake bias adjustment. It still works great though. Both of us used the solid shaft at the Maxx Challenge and took 1st and 2nd.

He uses Tubes toe links for greater strength and he also likes to run the close-ratio 2-speed with 15/38 gearing. All camber, caster, and toe settings are pretty normal on his truck.

He has just recently switched to 1/2-inch offset wheels, which he really likes, so you'll probably be seeing him with these in the future. He has also recently switched to running a wing on a 1/8-buggy wing mount.

His truck set-up is actually a lot like mine, but it does look different due to me removing my radio boxes and recently changing my exhaust to route around the side. He we also be adding the 145cc tank before the nats, as we will need all the fuel that we are allowed to carry on the truck. The max regs are 150cc. This leaves 5cc for cushion to play with different sizes of fuel line.

atmo, Thanks for the props. If I wasn't jumping through my butt to get ready for a main, I wouldn't know what to do. LOL

RC poster
    Thanks Slayden,

Also, have you tried the HPI tank on your revo. It is lower profile and slim. It is however 150cc, so you might blow over. Just a thought.

And are you running the tekno wing? Or is there another 1/8 wing stay that is either direct or quite easily modded on??

Thanks
    Last edited by hoovdog; 08-30-2007 at 12:14 PM.
    Raceway Hobbies / Team Trinity

RC Qualifier
    I comfortable with the 145cc tank at the moment.

I use a Mugen MBX4 buggy wing stay for my wings. They're hard to find, but they are shorter than the X5's, and I like shorter mounts better. It isn't hard to put on, but it does take some drilling and dremel work. Very little though.

I like using the buggy wing mount, besause it mounts to the base of the body mount, which is less stressful and makes a stronger/stiffer assembly.

RC Champion
    Hey Slaydaddy, which tank are you using?

RC Qualifier
    The Jammin truggy tank (aka Ofna Dominater tank)

RC Champion
    i heard the tanks are actualy over rated ? i hope so as iam using the h fire tank for this upcoming norht east pro series event.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast