Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    I've passed tech inspection at RC Pro races with it, including all of the fuel line. However, all tanks may not be 100% equal.

RC Champion
    you have used the h tank ? well i will find out tommorrow if it is or not, lol.
    i checked mine with a meausring cup and filled the tank and the fuel line and it came out at just under 150 ml.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    I ran the Kyosho ST-R 150cc tank with 13 inchs of fuel line and I passed with 148.5
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Champion
    Atmo, are you running the Tekno conversion kit or a custom tank mount?

RC Champion
    I'm using the Tekno mount but I have mine mounted different then the instuctions. I mounted my tank over the battery tray and I mount my battery on my front body post. Plus I leave the underside of the battery tray off.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC poster
    Slaydaddy, what fuel are you using? When I raced my CRT the Dominator tank o-ring seemed to go bad pretty fast with Trinity Platinum 30%.
    I'm back to running the Revo but I have the Mugen MBX-5 tank with a X-ring not an o-ring that seems to hold air pressure quite well. And is Traxxas looking into redesigning the Revo tank?
    Thanks,
    Sean

RC Qualifier
    I do know that some fuels can cause issues with certain silicon materials, but I do not know exactly which fuels have problems with which seals.

All I know is that I run Traxxas 33% in everything, and everything seems to be holding up just fine. The tanks on my trucks were installed back in March.

There is one CRUTIAL step that you must take with the Ofna tank though. You must seal the two-piece cap where it pivots. Set it where you want it, then tighten it up, then either glue it or use gasket maker. Either works, but glue will be much more harder to get off if you want to dissassemble it for any reason. Either way, you must seal it. The screw does not hold it tight enough and it always seems to leak if you don't. This has been the case with three separate tanks.

I've heard people say that it's not a problem, but do yourself a favor, and seal it anyway. They DO leak if you don't.

This is also not the only tank you can use. This is just the one that I chose based on its capacity, dimensions, and the ability to reverse the orientation of the lid.

RC poster
    Very cool thanks for the help with this. Now that I'm going to the 3.3 I guess I'll try thr 33% Traxxas fuel. Never really used it so I'll try to get my hands on some and try that Ofna tank with the sealing tips.
    Thanks for your time with this Slaydaddy!
    Peace,
    Sean

RC Qualifier
    Hi Steve,

I was wondering how you are running your Revo in the truggy class, because of it having a 2 speed transmission and according to the rules no truggy is allowed to have a 2 speed? Is there any sort of mod's you did to your truck to make it into a single speed?

Thanks....
    I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

Slayden doesnt run his revo in truggy class, he has his own truggy

RC Qualifier
    Actually, I do run my other Revo in teh truggy class, when I can.

The only series that don't allow MT's in the truggy class is the RC Pro series, so i don't run in it, because I actually don't have a truggy.

I keep a pair of Revos ready to race, in case there is two MT classes, or they allow them in the truggy class.

Also Steve doesn't know since he never takes his truck to tech but last weekend his tank & fuel line measured 144cc.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by majestic
    Also Steve doesn't know since he never takes his truck to tech but last weekend his tank & fuel line measured 144cc.

he's waiting for his pit person to take it over to tech. So I guess it was your wife that got it over there.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Qualifier
    hey roy its levi. thanks for helping us with the header problem and every thing else that we asked about . congradulations on the a main win in clarkston.
    revo/21max jammin crt/jammin28
    jammmin cr/ninja21

RC Champion
    well i didnt pass tech this weekend, i was over by 3 cc. i had fun at the rc pro series race and met some great people. had every issue you could imagine with my truck and only manage to take the pole in the "B". during the "B" something in the tranny let go.i managed to take 3rd.
    over all i had fun. i was a bit disapointed in my performance but thats not why i race.

i will have some pics up soon.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

Atmo - Zing!! Actually she was busy with about 3 other trucks & Steve's buggy! Steve likes to have a single, dedicated pit person to focus on his truck in case anything comes up - although, he did ask her during the USMT to help him out while she was pitting another person. I'm usually the one that pits for him (unless he's in B.F.E.) but I was in the A main with him at the USMT race.

RC Champion
    I know she had everybody's it seemed i sure couldn't pit 3 at once amazing. So if she did'nt take it over then I guess it was you I know I saw his truck over there at least once.

How much is shipping on 1 skidplate.
    Last edited by atmo; 08-28-2006 at 07:19 AM.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

Your'e killing me!! The shipping for one Majeskid is about the the same as the shipping for 5 of em!!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info majestic. I just knew that it was legal, but didn't know the actual capacity until now. It's appears that the 145cc tank is actually under it's manufacturers spec's, or at least my tank is. I have the typical 2-loop fuel routing like a stock Revo, but the line is a little longer than stock. I don't know the current length of the line though.

btw, I always get great pit help from majestic and his very cool girlfriend Cathy. They're both awesome in the pits.

Great job Roy on your win at the RC Pro race!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by majestic
    Your'e killing me!! The shipping for one Majeskid is about the the same as the shipping for 5 of em!!
    Alright I guess I'll order 5 By the way there's a guy who has had one on since the MTM and it's showing less wear then my alum one. He's swearing bye them
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC poster
    Can someone tell where can you get 400000 oil from I tried the 50f-300c-20r and I didn't like it at all would the 400000 help if not I think I may go back to a 30f-300c-20r I ran 10 in it last time and it was kicking to the front to much. Also with the diff housing do you guys sand your's down double up on the gasket or what cause all my oil keeps leaking out.

RC poster
    Has anyone tried any of the alloy carriers like hotracing or 3racing cause I run the rpm's and I'm on my third set keeps pulling the ball out and at $25 a pop I would like to try some alloy ones.

Ghostrider,

If you can find a pair pick up the RD ones. Flawless.

Chris Shivers

RC Qualifier
    I have a problem, i want to run my Revo in the truggy class but i can't because of the two speed, Is traxxas coming out with a single speed conversion? if so when? If not then what could i do to make it just a single speed? Is there any way to lock the two speed?

Thanks Steve. The 3.3 engine is incredible.

RC poster
    Ghostrider,

Its not the 400k you were looking for. It's 500k but you could do some mixing and come out with 400k. http://www.shopatron.com/search/410.0?q=silicone+oil

RC poster
    Oh yea Ghostrider,

Here is a cool calculator that tells you exactly what percentage of both fluids it takes to make the desired weight. http://www.gesilicones.com/gesilwiza...ng/fluid2.html

Say for example you want to put 20K in your diff and Ofna only makes 30k and 10k. Plug in 30 in line A, 10 in line B and the desired fluid weight in the target box of 20. To get 20 it will tell you precisely what parts of each is needed to get the desired viscosity. In this case 63% 30 and 37% of the 10 will give ya 20. For me simple enough to use a container marked off in CC's and put 6cc's 30k and 4cc's 10k in a seperate container for use later as 20K

Quote Originally Posted by 18t turbo
    Slayden doesnt run his revo in truggy class, he has his own truggy
    Lol, sorry guys, I thought wrong

RC poster
    The rd racing or rd logics I would like the rd racing but there high and plus as of right now everytime I race my revo something breaks I can drive but the truck just won't hold up does anyone else have this problem.

RC poster
    And for the mixing chart I'm slow when it comes to that stuff and will the 500000 lock the diff up, and has anyone sent any rpm stuff back.

RC Enthusiast

Just my 2 cents.

GR, If they are popping out then you are experincing a couple of things. 1, your setup is not there yet and your Revo is too radical handling. A setup truck will handle so much better that it takes the preasures off the week spots. Setup and practice will help here. It also helps you stay out of the way of the other driver that is having a handful with his/hers truck.

2, I got this from the Haglers here in Houston. with the pivot unscrewed, drill a small hole into the side, bottom or top of the arm into the threaded area. The hole is to be only large enough for you to screw in a set screw. Once you have this done. You can srew in your pivot and the the set screw up against the pivot to help hold it in and help it from being jerked out. Use thread lock on the set screw too.

Hope I explained this well enough. It works with all the arms.
    Last edited by Bigmax; 08-29-2006 at 09:39 AM.
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Champion
    A note on the RPM axle carriers. RPM states that, if you have "Removed the stock steering stops (aka. Slayden steering mods), the warranty is void. I noticed that little tid bit just before I put mine on.

RC Champion
    How about everyone posting there current set-ups. Be as descriptive as possible.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Qualifier
    ghostridar, what knuckles are you have trouble with?

Wheels, I'm not sure what the hold up is on the single-speed kit. I haven't heard why they are not in. I'll try to find out. Will they let you lock you two-speed into 1st or second? then regear the clutch/spurt to get a single speed ratio.

RC Qualifier
    They will let me lock the 2 speed but how would i go about doing that? do i just take the set screw all the way out or tighten it all the way in?

Also what gear should i lock it on, 1st or 2nd...

Thanks for the reply...

RC Champion
    i also have trouble with pulling out pillow balls also i have troubles with pulling shock ends off or breaking them,pulling push rod ends off. is this a set up problem ?
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC poster
    I run all rpm stuff with the set back arms, my truck is bad a$# but and at the club races the closest person is like a lap down but I was thinking of going back to my savage I didn't have to buy parts after every race. The pivot balls are not to tight and not to loose.

RC Enthusiast

here I go again.

If your an agressive driver that is one thing, if your truck is irratic and hard to control then that is setup. A well setup truck is great to drive. Your parts will last longer and your lap times will reduce.
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Competitor
    Thanks for all your info Slaydaddy--Your info and race coverage is a great motivator for us in corn country midwest! We (I) twiddle my thumbs from Nov to april every year when the snow falls. Hope you, Battaile and the rest of the great contributors to this thread will be in Rockford for the finals--I booked my flight last year for good ole Florida only to have the event moved...... OUCH! Oh well, how can you go wrong in Florida??? Thanks again
    Revo comin through....

RC Champion
    wel i have been told iam an agressive driver. i have been trying many set ups to find something i feel cofertable with. all the set ups i have used i can drive they just arent what im looking for.

when the truck does stay together i run at the top of the field.i just need t bullet proof it and ill be golden.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast