Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    proline makes a nice 1/8 scale wing.....that i swear by....almost undreakable....techno-rc makes a great wing mount...here is mine
    http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...g/IMG_2116.jpg
    http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...g/IMG_2110.jpg

RC Qualifier
    Thuggin...No It doesn't Increase performance. It is more Like a Anti Flame out device... Corner marshalls and revos dont always play well together..they sometimes accidently will grab the truck in the back and Plug the Pipe end , thus killing the motor.. the Stinger he showed you . would / should help stop this problem...

RC Competitor
    Knuck--so using beadlocks would eliminate the need to balance?? I glued up a set of PL crimefighters and one of them came out a bit wobbly. I think it was actually the foams but it was glued and I couldnt do much about it at that point. I guess if you glue you will need a balancer?
    Revo comin through....

ok thx i was just wondering but i guess i dont need it cuzz i just bash

btw is it worth spending the money on a cage? if so whos shud i get? also can someone pm me what they recomend for hop ups for protection, i.e. servo gaurds/rpm arms.

RC Racer
    I just got a set of the 17mm offset maximizers. One tip,dont put the screws to far down. They show how far to go. You can tell if you look on the inside of the rim where the 2 parts come togther. If you have them flush with each other or just a tad bit overlap. You should be fine. I did notice I went to far and it started to crack. I can see a white line down the sides of some of the holes. But the tires stayed in and they held up well. Even after a few wall shots(had brake problems).

But my first day out with the ofna adaptors. I had problems from the start. One of the pins was a pain to put in and then the set screw started to strip as I was putting it in. I just punched it down more and it is nice and tight in there. Cant figure out why I had that problem,but it does not seem to have moved out. But I did have a screw come off on a different adaptor and I lost the whole thing. So some thread lock is needed to keep these in. Along with the wheel nuts too. I had one of those come off during a race also.

thugginjato313 hey guys uhm who makes the wings for revo's?
    I have a TTR 160mm wing on my revo. It looks like a regular buggy wing. But not as wide. About the same width as the body. And they come in different colors too. So far,it seems to be holding up well also.
    Last edited by Casketman27; 10-15-2006 at 04:53 PM.
    I'm back! =)
    Drews garage:
    Mugen MBX-5T

does any one know how to clearly comepare a rd logis/ttrinity super high flo/ and a resonater pipe w/o opinion just facts? and then opinions but not mixed together? if you can then tell me lol

RC poster
    hey Casketman, did you race yesterday?, how did them tire's work?

Casketman, run a 3mm tap down in the holes before running a screw in them, works awesome.

RC Racer
    What do you mean by 3mm tap? I just got some maximizers the other day and dont want to mess them up. Will the tap enlarge the hole?

NO, the tap will thread the hole for a 3mm screw which is what they provide for the wheels. The tap will cut the threads instead of the screw cutting the threads.

RC poster

My Setup Board

I went to Home Depot and bought the board for $3 and asked the lady to cut 4 squares exactly 5 x 5. I went home and clamped all the 4 squares and drilled out the holes for my 23mm hexes. I went to work and printed a large drawing of 1 deg toe out front and 2 deg toe in rear with a straight center reference in the middle. Works great.

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=81058
    Last edited by blazing_nitro; 10-16-2006 at 03:30 PM.

RC Competitor
    Yo Roy, Danned your tranny at nats?? Have Damon make you a gear, works killer, no more breakage so look out next summer Ha, Ha, Ha. BTW out qualled Dan by 2/10 of a second on sat. but he took me in the main.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by blazing_nitro
    I went to Home Depot and bought the board for $3 and asked the lady to cut 4 squares exactly 5 x 5. I went home and clamped all the 4 squares and drilled out the holes for my 23mm hexes. I went to work and printed a large drawing of 1 deg toe out front and 2 deg toe in rear with a straight center reference in the middle. Works great.

[/url]
    That looks great. Do you use somthing to center the truck exactly, or just eyeball it.

I used a square against the lower rear arms to be sure the truck is dead center on the board.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thugginjato313
    anyone race near detroit
    I race near Detroit..
    check out this forum for lots of Detroit RC info

http://www.rcracingextreme.com

RC Racer
    what gear are you guys having made out of metal and where can I get one?
    Revo, Jato, Kyosho 777sp2.

Sweet Greg! Good to hear someone is keeping Dan on his toes!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Dealer
    That looks great. Do you use somthing to center the truck exactly, or just eyeball it.

I used a square against the lower rear arms to be sure the truck is dead center on the board.
    The board has numerous straight reference lines along the center. I use a carpenter square setup parallel with the chassis to make sure the chassis and the board are perfectly straight with the reference lines. Then I adjust my toe settings to match the lines on the board setup a 1 and 2 degrees.

Just line the lower edges of the blocks with the edge of the board.

RC Racer
    Hey Iami, I am making one of those setup boards and i want to know if the
    5X5 in. squares need to be perfectly square cause i dont have a table saw to rip board with? The squares dont exactly match each other. Is there something i can buy that already 5X5 and perfectly square.

Yes they need to be even and square. Do as blazing did above, go to Lowes or Home Depot and ask them to cut them for you and stress that they need to be as square as they can get them.

RC Racer
    ok cool thank alot.

RC Racer
    I dont have anything to tap the holes with. They did go in just fine. I was just stressing the point of not going to far with them or else you get those fun white lines in the plastic.
    I'm back! =)
    Drews garage:
    Mugen MBX-5T

RC poster
    can anybody tell me who has kyosho 500k diff lube in stock

RC Racer
    try amainhobbies.com. I just ordered some from then a couple of days ago.

RC poster
    qmak15 thanks but i checked and they are out of stock
    read in earlier thread about mixing differential locking grease to 300k diff lube
    can anybody tell me exactly what this grease is and brand name
    and where to get it don't want to have to pull diff back out

RC Champion
    http://www.shopatron.com/search/410.....x=55&srch.y=8

I mixed using diff locking grease but this is much better.
    I got the DLG at pepboys
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC poster
    thanks atmo shoptron has none in stock can be backordered treid 2 auto stores no luck will just try 300k icd any suggestions on frony and rear

RC Racer
    70k front and 50k rear is a good start maybe 50k fr 30k rear if your gonna go with 300k center. Ofna makes some stuff that comes in a small white container w/a pop top called diff lock. The container is about the size of the kyosho 500k bottle maybe a little smaller. Its just as thick as 500k and works awsome. On the container it doesnt tell you the what weight it is like there othere diff oil does. Its just a little white container with no sticker/s or anything on it. Its listed on ofna's website on there parts list but it doesnt show a picture so youll just have to look around at some online stores. Also look on ebay there is some on there usually.
    Last edited by QMAK15; 10-24-2006 at 01:04 AM.

RC Champion
    Johnny Ringo

Haven't seen you on the board in a while. Good to see you again. Have you done anything special with your setup and can you post what all you are running these days
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

Atmo, kids keep me pretty busy in the Spring and Fall with sports so I haven't been to the track as much. I'll be doing a lot of testing this winter and playing with setup more to get it even more fine tuned. It hasn't changed much over the last year or so. I have my setup in PDF if anyone wants to try it out but it is basically the same as what Roy and Craig Hamilton run. I'll be doing more national races this year so I need all the extra wheel time I can get.

I'm really interested in trying Bobby Tillman's setup he ran at the nats. He tried some things I would of never thought of and his truck was on rails all weekend. Of course it also helps that he is an awesome driver.

Shivers

RC Champion
    Is his setup posted anywhere?

RC Champion
    I'm really interested in trying Bobby Tillman's setup he ran at the nats. He tried some things I would of never thought of and his truck was on rails all weekend. Of course it also helps that he is an awesome driver.

I have his setup right know and it is unbelievable. i did go down to gold springs rear and liked it as well. I did everything on his but went 5clips forward which I don't remember if he did that or not but I left my diff setup 70-500-50 and I went lower on both my bump steer and reactive toe and #2 front and rear. Whats this new gismo I've heard about that one of you guys who's name I'll leave out has on his truck
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Champion
    Is there a setup sheet for it? If not, can you post it?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuck
    Is there a setup sheet for it? If not, can you post it?
    Pitpass Nats down at the bottom both his and Slayddadys
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Champion
    Cool. Got em. I always forget about the PitPass

RC Racer
    I think he only had 4,slay had 5 if I remember right.

But it seems like people are loving the soft setup. I know that is all outdoor. But what changes to yall make for indoor shock wise. Keep it soft or stiffen it up?
    I'm back! =)
    Drews garage:
    Mugen MBX-5T

Stiffen it up if it is smooth clay.

RC poster
    Hey SlayDaddy,
    Looking for set up on extremly small,smooth track, tight, and virtually no jumps.

RC Qualifier
    Both bobby's and mine should be in the Nats article located in Pitpass.

They're fairly similar, but his downtravel was reduced along with ride height. This ultimately wore his skid down in the main, but there are remedies for this. The lower height and decreased downtravel made corner speed quicker, but makes it a llittle bouncy. The center diff helps overcome this. This setup is worth it if you like to drive punched and on edge. Bobby tends to drive that way.

You gotta be on edge to be fast. But you can't be on edge if you don;t have control of your truck. Know what I mean???

Wormy, If I were going to a track just like you mentioned, and I only knew what you just posted about the track, then I would start with this. I'm going to assume there is good traction, because most tight and smooth tracks are.

toe: 2.0-deg out
    camber: -2.0-deg
    rockers: P2
    caster: 4-clips front
    roll center: upper
    pushrod location: outer (remove shims for less downtravel for increseased response)
    ride height: shafts just below level to level
    bump steer: lower
    springs: tan (black for more response)
    oil: 70wt (for 70 to 90-deg)
    piston: #2

Solid center shaft diff setup
    -----------------------
    front diff: 10K-20K
    rear diff: 10K

Center diff diff setup
    -----------------------
    front diff: 20K
    center diff: 500K
    rear diff: 10K
    brake bias: fr-20%, rr-80% (for more braking power/effect goto 40/60)
    2-speed: close ratio
    gearing: 15/38 (goto 14t bell if current top end is not needed)

toe: 1.0 deg for center diff / 2.5 deg for solid shaft
    camber: -2.5 deg
    rockers: P2
    roll center: lower
    pushrod location: outer (remove shims for less downtravel - increased response)
    ride height: level
    reactive toe: middle
    springs: Tan (black for more response)
    oil: 70wt (for 70 - 90-deg)
    piston: #2

wheels: 0-offset (for response)
    tires: PL Holeshots (gray insert)
    wheelbase: stock chassis with ext arms (+19) - if using ext chassis, the ext arms are still recommended for better rotation in the corners on a tight track)

Hope this helps.

Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast