Thread: Shocks?

RC Racer

Shocks?

What are the best shocks? I had the stocks on them. I was out jumping today and bent both the shafts on the rear. I am looking to get some that can take a pounding.

RC Racer
    hat to tell u but every shock for the jato is going to be that size of shock shaft, don't wreck
    uwantsum

RC Racer
    Well it is not that I wreaked I was just jumping at the track and bent both the rears. I am just looking for some thing that can handle the jumping and landing.

Banned by Warnings
    do they make teflong shocks, i know they make them of the tmaxx i bought them b/c i bent my shafts, they come with ti shafts and are supper tough, i am sure they make them for the jato, try firmer springs

RC Racer
    dude I've been racing the jato 4 about 5 months now and have never bent a shock shaft, I have taken a lot of shock towers out but no shock shafts, and I find that hard to believe that u were just jumping and the shock shaft bent. They run the same shaft as the revo, so if it can tack the hits the revo gives it I'm sure the jato is a joke. I raced it this weekend and ran a 30min main and came in 3 out of 7 and had no problems.
    uwantsum

RC Racer
    Originally posted by maxx-uim
    do they make teflong shocks, i know they make them of the tmaxx i bought them b/c i bent my shafts, they come with ti shafts and are supper tough, i am sure they make them for the jato, try firmer springs
    ti nit r not stronger then the stock shaft, its a coating that helps with sticking.
    and yes the do have the hard anadized coating for the housing.
    uwantsum

RC Racer
    Well I think I can chalk it up to new driver. I have only driven the Jato a few times. It was landing pretty hard. I think what happer was that the little clip on the diff case that hold the shock toewr in place broke which lead to the screws getting striped out of the tranny and then the shocks where out of alingment and bent on landing.

Banned by Warnings
    traxxas makes a whole bunch of different shocks for the jato just look on buytraxxas.com

RC Enthusiast
    Try these. Revo/Jato shock shafts are the same size.

MIP Golden Shock Shafts are proven to last many times longer than any other shock shafts. Precision machined of 303 stainless steel, with a sharp rolled thread that bites into plastic shock-ends and holds tight. Polished to a micro finish, then coated with titanium nitride for smoothness and durability. Golden Shock Shafts come in a set of 2.

#1604 MIP Golden Shock Shafts for Traxxas REVO (2) $9.50 retail
    http://sken911.blogspot.com/