Question Need Your Opinion, Trevo Question

Heya fellow Revo'ers,

Many of you have seen my Trevo project, but, unfortunately I cannot complete it. I have the idea and the concept of what I need to do to make this truck work, but I do not have the tools, or the money to make the necessary parts to complete this project.

What I am asking you is how much you would pay for this truck. I am not trying to sell it (at least in this thread) for all the mods reading this. I re-read the rules and couldn't find anything about asking for a price.

Here are some pictures of the truck, I would like to know your honest opinion of how much you would pay for this truck, without the engine/exhaust, electronics, or wheels/tires.

Thank you for your help,
    -Armand

RC Competitor
    alot
    wow! look at it go! ...do you think it's dizzy? No trespassing, violators will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.

RC Champion
    OBM, I'm sad that you weren't able to complete your project. It was a truly incredible concept.

But -- just trying to be helpful -- it wouldn't make sense to me to buy it, since you -- being extremely knowledgeable about the Revo -- are unable to complete the project. Even if I had the money, I'd think that if you couldn't make it work, then certainly I would not be able to, either.

Have you thought about parting it out?

I don't mean any disrespect....I am simply saying that if you couldn't make that work, then almost no one will be able to make it work. And if the general public can't make it work, then why would the general public buy it from you?

Again, I'm sorry to see your awesome idea come to an end.

No disrespect taken, but I know many people that can make it work. I am a 15 year old in high school with no type of education or knowledge in fabrication, tools, engineering, or machinery. All I use is a ruler, sharpie, sheets of metal, and a dremel. I might be knowledgable about the Revo, but I am definitely not knowledgable in engineering.

Anyone who knows how to use a CNC machine or a mill can easily complete this project. The part that needs to be made isn't too complicated, but needs more advanced tools than a dremel, which I don't have access to, and if It were to be made by someone else, it would cost 100's of dollars, and the part I'm talking about is not a spur gear.

Another reason I am selling it is because by the time I find someone to make the part and have it made with all the bugs fixed, a couple months will be passed by. I've already missed an entire race series because of this project. If I were to go with a production truggy I could've raced in that series and at least get some experience driving these things, along with some much needed practice.

Anyone's opinion will be appreciated. Please be serious with the price.

-Armand

Banned by Warnings
    as i have recently found out the mods here seem to make new rules at will...

I found this out while trying to sell some traxxas tmaxx wheels. it was deleted and i was issued points.

good luck

RC Competitor
    With out anything just a basic chassis I would say a good 250-300 just because there is nothing but coustom parts and some revo in there.

BTW looks very nice and well thought out. I like it alot and that stinks that you cannot finish it .

On the other hand if it did have all of the thing maybe a good 800-1000 you could get for it.

RC Champion
    OBM- What is this special part needed? Can you draft it up on paper?

I do know some machinist and I may be able to help ya out. all you need is a caliper to measure and some pen and paper lol.

With that aside as a rooler I think $375 would be good. But your best bet would be to clean it up alittle bit. Take some sweet pictures of it and toss it on ebay.

I'm sure there are some people out there dying to buy a custom project truck.
    Racer E-Revo, Nitro Revo, aluminum BL pede, T-maxx

RC Racer
    man sorry to hear that, i think 300 is a good price. but as gotbling? said clean it up, take the parts ur not selling out , take pictures and stick it on ebay. then u`ll sell it as it is in the pictures no need to explain to ppl what included and whats not. i`d would have bought but living too far (Kuwait) is gonna cost me in shipping. and i`m upgrading my revo now so cant spend money on both trucks
    Love My REVO!!! except when it doesnt start !!

GotBling?....The part I need is 3-dimensional, and would require autocad and a mill/CNC machine to make. One piece has to hold a bearing with two mounting points, and the other has to lock the diff in place.

RC Qualifier
    Armand,

With all the truggies and buggies on the market, couldn't the part you're looking for be available from another mfgr?
    Currently in the Garage: OS.30 Revo, OS .18TM Racing Revo, 3.3 Revo, 3.3 T-maxx, 3.3 Jato, 2 - 2.5R T-Maxxes (for sale), E-Maxx (for sale), Nitro 4-Tec (for sale), 2 - Kyosho Landmax Rally Cars, Savage 4.6, GS Avenger buggy, Kyosho Inferno 777 Truggy, X-Ray XB8 buggy. For pic and video hosting www.GAPoneRCracing.com

RC Qualifier
    I would agree that $250-350 Would be a reasonable price. If it was complete then it would be more. I think I understand the part you are looking for and could probly fab it up.

But I am in the same boat as you and am tired of dumping $$$ into my revo. I think I will leave it as is and just drive it for a while.

I would not sell it! Hold onto it and tinker with it in your off time.

Get the Truggy that you want and become familiar with it. Then use what you have learned from the Truggy Differentials and try to apply it to the Trevo!

Good Luck With YOur decison!

RC Enthusiast
    BigMan,

Have you checked outemachineshop? I've never used them, but it seems intriguing. You just have to download a free CAD package, draw it out, and they'll send you a quote.
    Check it out before you give up.

RC Competitor
    I agree with what is being said here, Dont give up at all. That is what makes this hobby so fun and what it has came to be, is people like your self being creative and just having fun. Deffinately dont sell it! Its a truck to be very proud of, b/c of all the hard work and hours you have put into it. Remember, just have fun with it, and Dont sell It!!
    There is no substitute for Cubic-inches! and are only 2 Speeds: Full Throttle and parked in the garage!

RC Racer
    You did a really good job building that. I'm 13 and there is NO WAY I could build somthing like that! But as far as the price, I'd go for around 400-450$ you might even get more if you find the right person! Good Luck!!
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. ---- My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Thanks for the support everyone..

GAPONERACING....The part is not something you can find on anything, it needs to be custom made.

JASON997...I have tried emachineshop and made a CAD file of what I want, and the price was waayyy too much for me.

I've got to sell it, otherwise I can't buy another truck. Washing cars and doing chores isn't too steady of an income. I just need to get my drivers license so I can keep up a normal job, then I can really do something. I haven't raced since my last race in November and I'm just itching to race something already.

:shrug:

RC Enthusiast
    You will have a hard time selling it as a complete unit without describing exactly what is needed to complete the project.

From what I understand you need a custom spur and custom mounts to use buggy diffs? or custom diffs?

Otherwise as others have said you could try to part it out.
    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time!

I think im going to convert it back to a normal Revo, sell it, keep all the custom truggy stuff, and continue the project over the summer.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Originally posted by OneBigMan647
    I think im going to convert it back to a normal Revo, sell it, keep all the custom truggy stuff, and continue the project over the summer.
    sweet!

however, just to add a little input, had i the money and i wanted a truggy, i would dish out probably 350-400 for it...

1) it includes all the suspension components and stuff

2) its built well

3) its 1 of a kind

also, if you notice, it includes just about all the stuff you would normally get in a truggy kit, + more because of the upgraeds you have on it.
    BP stands for Brushless Powered - LMT1940/7 CF G2R

RC Champion
    i got 20 bucks in my pocket il give you for that truck.

RC Qualifier
    Man, talk about being nice.... Michowski, you might want to hold the dub and your(unwanted) comments.... JMHO

PEACE
    TOPS

RC Champion
    naw its cool, me and obm are dubs. besides 20 bucks gets him into a race for a day so why not lol. He knows im kidding.

I hate you too Michowski...psh..jerk.

lol

RC Champion
    20 bucks will get you into a club race so i think its a pretty fair deal. You get a free race and for 20 i get another job.

RC Champion
    OBM, after looking over your pics, I would probably pay $350-$450 for that. Here are my reasons-

Mainly the engine. That engine is in the $350 range by itself. I know its used, but even used p5's arent cheap, and having been tnt modded, its worth even more.

Second, it encompases the engineering marvel that the Revo has for a suspension and the low center of gravity that can be had with a truggy. Making it a bump taking racing machine.

If I had the options that you have, I would keep the custom Trevo parts, along with the engine, and sell it as a roller with the other parts you need to make it that way.
    I'm so smrt. D'oh!

RC Champion
    Originally posted by rcmastermind
    ....Mainly the engine. That engine is in the $350 range by itself. I know its used, but even used p5's arent cheap, and having been tnt modded, its worth even more.....
    Here are some pictures of the truck, I would like to know your honest opinion of how much you would pay for this truck, without the engine/exhaust, electronics, or wheels/tires.
    so did you even read his post?
    My RC's: Faster than yours...

RC Champion
    I guess I missed the most important part of the post. I really shouldn't try to do so many things at once.

Well, I guess then, I guess I would pay somewhere in the $250 range for it. It is very nicely built.
    I'm so smrt. D'oh!

RC Competitor
    Hey OBM...I got a proposal..you give me the general part design..and I'll CNC it for you...it will be practice for me...i pay for all even shipping if its smalll...emachine shop is ..no offense....you need to use THEIR software to design something and then it takes 90 days for them to "make" it no matter the size of the part...plus it costs a lot...so like i said..lets talk....dont sell it..DONT EVER SELL PROJECTS...i regret i sold my 4-tec dragster and 1/18 nitro truck.......YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 02-11-2006 at 01:03 AM.

RC Competitor
    Once again, i agree - dont sell it! u will regret it
    There is no substitute for Cubic-inches! and are only 2 Speeds: Full Throttle and parked in the garage!