RC Enthusiast

Question drift set up for my 4 tec

can any one help me with a set up for drifting? any hints n tips would be great.i got some drift tires from my lhs they are rubber but very hard (i had to put them in hot water to get them on the rims) what other mods will i need to do?........
    revo picco 26max, vantage pipe,gs storm wing mount,thunder tiger wing,trx alloy push rods,long ratio gear set. 15 4-tec with a 25r

RC Racer
    Usually stiff springs in the rear with 30wt oil. Sway bars help stiffen the arms too. A rear wheel drive set up is a must. No 4wd here. A quick servo for the gas and brake. And thats the basic drift set-up

RC Enthusiast
    thanks jato....i got the swaybars orderd so i will be back down the lhs this weekend with a new list of thing to order!
    revo picco 26max, vantage pipe,gs storm wing mount,thunder tiger wing,trx alloy push rods,long ratio gear set. 15 4-tec with a 25r

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by Jato_Jato
    Usually stiff springs in the rear with 30wt oil. Sway bars help stiffen the arms too. A rear wheel drive set up is a must. No 4wd here. A quick servo for the gas and brake. And thats the basic drift set-up

this is a good set up for a real life car, but for nitro its is impossible to drift with a rwd set up. you will end up spiining the tires the whole times.

stick with all wheel drive and a good set of yokomo drift tires. that is the only way i have found to drift. Even with pvc tires, there is not enough traction to control a drift sucessfully.
    One_banger

RC Racer
    I have a grt 4 and this is my set up I can drift well and I always have control.

If you use abs instead of pvc you will get much better tracking and lock the front and rear diffs. You will be drifting like a champ. and richin up the motor to keep it from over heating. I love drifting my 4 tec

RC Racer
    yes.....richen it up.....but you must be warned...watch the rpm's, u dont wanna melt a rod...been there..done that.
    Tec Pro 3.3, MIP Stinger,Jaco Nitro Shoes, HPI WRX, VARAD Lighting System...... Check up cause I Will bump draft.