RC Enthusiast

Belt hitting motor

I just put my 27 motor in my 4-tec and i noticed the belt ir sitting on the motor and is rubbing on it. Is this bad or not a problem?
    I dont really see how to fix it since i have to sit the motor up that high to reach the gear.

I wouldn't consider it a problem, but it is adding friction to the drivetrain. I used bigger spur gears so that I could also use bigger pinions & move the motor away from the belt.

RC Competitor
    I've had several motors rub the belt. You could solve the problem by adding a different pinion gear. But that's entirely up to you.
    Current labor of love.
    Traxxas Summit 1/16 VXL

RC poster
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am having the same problem with the belt hitting the motor. I was just wondering how large a spur gear you needed to go up to in order to get the belt off the motor? Thanks.

Ron

RC Qualifier
    just adjust the motor,with the 2 screws that hold the motor in

RC Qualifier
    Or, you could put a peice of teflon tape on the motor can.
    'Pede 7700Kv
    4-Tec 5700Kv