Thread: Top Speed

RC Competitor

Top Speed

How would I calculate my top speed with 17T CB, Wide Ratio tranny, and 36T SG??

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Ok here is the materials you will need .

1.) Stopwatch
    2.)Chalk
    3.)A friend with good reaction time
    4.)A cacutlater

Step one , tune engine to perfection and get it warmed up make two lines in a street , parkinglot , watever , ten feet apart like this __________
    _|_____|__
    Step two

Get to top speed then as soon as you hit the first line start the stopwatch , and stop this at the second . Remeber to get up to full speed before crossing the first , and second , line .

Step three

Do this several time and find your average time by adding up all the times , decimals to , and deviding them by the amount of passes you added up . Then fing your feet per second by dividing your average by ten (feet) . That is your feet per second then multiply it by.682 and WALAY mph .

livefornitro out
    Get a 3.3 you will be pleased!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Competitor
    With your 17t cb and your 36t spur with a wide ratio installed and at an estimate of 40,000 rpm's you should be going approximately

54.9 mph according to http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/cars/calculator.asp

and even if you aren't going at 40,000rpm's you're still flyin' pretty fast with that setup man!
    TM 323 Revo, FOC, cp 2.0 body, foc, hitec 625 throttle, hitec 5645 steering, spectrum Dx2, wabash/bowties, wide ratio, deano'd and polished chassis :) Revo Saves Your Soul

RC Competitor
    3.)A friend with good reaction time
    that might be hard in my case.....