What happened here?

So uh, was out for a light bash session this evening with my rustler vxl, and somehow this happened It never ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    That happened to me the other day, only the pinion gear worn gear was stripped and didn't hold, causing the pinion to come loose and stripped the spur gear!

But, no biggie, easy fix!
    Last edited by TRAXXASAXXART; 06-12-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Is the shaft wobbly? Looks to me like something in the transmission snapped
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by NYbandit33 View Post
    Is the shaft wobbly? Looks to me like something in the transmission snapped
    Yes it is a bit wobbly, will still turn the wheels if you turn it though. Iím going to crack it open tomorrow and see what Iíve broke this time around

A few weeks ago i was using a small bike ramp with my slash and had the slipper too tight. Broke that little pin that holds the spur shaft to the gear inside. The shaft wasnt poking out as far as yours but it was very loose and wobbly
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

Is there a part number for that lil pin? Or will like, an axle pin work cause I have a few extra of those.

Im not sure the part number. It looks like you can buy a whole new shaft with the pin for pretty cheap (3793). I believe the axle pin was too small when I tried. I actually cut a thick body clip and used that for a few weeks without issue. I recently swapped the body clip out for a drill bit. I forget what size drill bit I used but there are videos online about it.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

Thanks for the advice, ill probably just get the part you listed.

RC Qualifier
    [Typewriter noises] . . . Somewhere in the Eastwest . . .
    Something I have read about on here is to use a 1/16 of an inch or 1.5 mm allen wrench cut to size for that part, as it will flex a little bit rather than snap, like the current pin. Since you have axle pins laying around, I would see if one of those fits, and try not to drop them, because they are a pain to find.
    LONG LIVE THE PROFESSOR! Rest in peace, Mr. Peart.

So this just happened to me too and what i used was i piece of like 20ish gauge wire with a plastic coat. We'll see how long that lasts. What a pain in the cheeks.

EDIT:Mine sheared that pin and i had to drill it out with a tiny bit. I broke like 4 of them doing it and im sure there isnt much left of the threads so im sure my only option would be #3793.
    Last edited by Calebs0615; 06-26-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    So this just happened to me too and what i used was i piece of like 20ish gauge wire with a plastic coat. We'll see how long that lasts. What a pain in the cheeks.

EDIT:Mine sheared that pin and i had to drill it out with a tiny bit. I broke like 4 of them doing it and im sure there isnt much left of the threads so im sure my only option would be #3793.
    That sucks bro. I havenít gotten around to ordering #3793 yet, been a bad week at work with only 2 people being here for my shipping/receiving department Just havenít had time to mess with it.