RC poster

Bandit wide conversion comparison and questions

Stock

Rustler wide RPM a arms and MIP x-duty CVP. Used the longer steering turnbuckle from the stock front setup for rear camber links.

Front rustler RPM a arms, bulkhead, bumper, and steering blocks with TRX aluminum caster blocks.

Upgraded to big bore shocks, 50w rear shock oil, aluminum caps, rpm guards, and stiffer rear springs

So here's my issue, it's geared 28/76 running a 2s 7600mah. The wheelie bar is barely functional now that my rear suspension isn't bottomed out like it came stock. I'm looking for a good gear combo for bashing and speed, as well as a better wheelie bar to keep the nose planted as much as possible when on streets, but easily adjusted when i want to catch air. I'm thinking of going to something like a 24/80 gearing as well. Motor was running at 180 degrees after about 10 test passes at different throttle levels. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Me likey...very much. You're not messin' around with those x-dutys. Saweet caster blocks, I'm diggin the green blue combo. CF towers...dude!

I might go with the t-bone rear bumper...the wheelie bar can go on or off...it looks goooood on a buggy. Check out my patriot sla2h build for a pic (it's in there somewhere.)

As far as gearing goes...mess with some different combos and see what you like. You should have all the standard sized spurs, 90/86/84 etc. They're like $5 or something cheap. I'm sure you know...just get a pinion set and have at it.

Oh yeah, you're missing a wing! Hahahaha, me likey wings. Congrats on that rc, it's cool!
    MTFBWY

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnergy View Post
    Me likey...very much. You're not messin' around with those x-dutys. Saweet caster blocks, I'm diggin the green blue combo. CF towers...dude!

I might go with the t-bone rear bumper...the wheelie bar can go on or off...it looks goooood on a buggy. Check out my patriot sla2h build for a pic (it's in there somewhere.)

As far as gearing goes...mess with some different combos and see what you like. You should have all the standard sized spurs, 90/86/84 etc. They're like $5 or something cheap. I'm sure you know...just get a pinion set and have at it.

Oh yeah, you're missing a wing! Hahahaha, me likey wings. Congrats on that rc, it's cool!
    Thanks, as with all projects it's a work in perpetual progress. I'm working on a way to mount the wing to the anza rear shock tower right now without having to drill the carbon fiber. It will sit on with the body pin in place, but wobbles horribly. Might bend the wing wires and hook them into one of the extra tower holes. Waiting on the matching anza front tower to get here. I'll check out the tbone as well, i appreciate the feedback

Here's a hyper 7 wing mount and a tbr rear bumper picture. It's an lcg slash but you get the idea.

The wheelie bar installs easily.
    MTFBWY

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnergy View Post
    Here's a hyper 7 wing mount and a tbr rear bumper picture. It's an lcg slash but you get the idea.

The wheelie bar installs easily.
    Very nice. I'm working on two setups for this bandit, one street and one off road. Added rustler front body mounts tonight and started fitting my street body. Just need some street tires and to paint this rig.

RC poster
    Flipped the RPM bumper upside down, but still need to get the front suspension lower