Thread: tires

RC Racer

tires

what are the best after market pre-mounted tires and wheels for the 4-tec?
    I've had the HPI X pattern's/Venom.......need input.
    Tec Pro 3.3, MIP Stinger,Jaco Nitro Shoes, HPI WRX, VARAD Lighting System...... Check up cause I Will bump draft.

RC Qualifier
    Are you looking for speed or just normal cruising?
    The X's patterns are good for normal speeds but "shores" aka foam tires are your best choice.
    Hpi makes some good ones (check out towerhobbies.com)
    Mr. Pibb+Red Vines=Crazy Delicious

RC Racer
    For the average parking lot basher what would you recommend the X's?

RC Racer
    yes the X-patterns work very good. the ones i use last about a month....as long as the front wheels are toe'd and cabered properly. if not then maybe a week.......it also depends on the condition of the asphalt...when u do get the X's try running the tec on a nice sized tennis court...man u get some serious grip on a T. court. I just got a new set of venom's today. gonna see how good they are. prolly nothing like HPI or Foamies.
    Tec Pro 3.3, MIP Stinger,Jaco Nitro Shoes, HPI WRX, VARAD Lighting System...... Check up cause I Will bump draft.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Whiz
    yes the X-patterns work very good. the ones i use last about a month....as long as the front wheels are toe'd and cabered properly. if not then maybe a week.......it also depends on the condition of the asphalt...when u do get the X's try running the tec on a nice sized tennis court...man u get some serious grip on a T. court. I just got a new set of venom's today. gonna see how good they are. prolly nothing like HPI or Foamies.
    If you are running on a nice clean tennis court, nothing beats foamies. I never run treaded rubber unless the area is dirty and unprepped. X-patterns are the best there is though in an average parking lot. Be sure to use a molded insert though.
    -Terry
    "The best part of wakin' up....is Nitro" i

RC Racer

HPI X-Patterns

yes......you are correct about foams. but they wont chirp when you put em in a power slide. i can get tiny chirps on the X's on a nice clean court.

My latest project....