RC Competitor

Reverse, Why Bother?

MY 3.3 linkage moves when I shift to reverse yet it has only succesfully shifted into reverse one time. Why did they even bother? I have read several comments about reverse problems here. Does anyone have one that actually works?

Quote Originally Posted by creepyjackalope
    MY 3.3 linkage moves when I shift to reverse yet it has only succesfully shifted into reverse one time. Why did they even bother? I have read several comments about reverse problems here. Does anyone have one that actually works?
    Your idle must be too high. Optidrive handled reverse problems well, most of those posts are the poor souls who do not have optidrive.

ME I never use reverse. FOC all the way! Reverse? Nah, just adds weight.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    As a basher I use reverse all the time, but maybe my driving skills needs improvement

Tenzo_Racing
    +1 on throttle set to high. look at the optidrive when you stop the light should be solid. when you drive it should be blinking.
    Last edited by Tenzo_Racing; 04-21-2006 at 01:09 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetalon
    As a basher I use reverse all the time, but maybe my driving skills needs improvement

+1 cough cough I'm with you cough cough.....
    "I Used A Mailbox As A Brake Once...Then I Plowed It Right Over...Hmm Must Be A Supermaxx"

"People Say UE Is To Expensive, Then Again Never Having To Replace A Broken Part Is Priceless"

RC Competitor
    You lost me at +1 on throttle....what do you mean?

RC Qualifier
    The +1 means he agrees with the other post. I think he ment Idle is set to high not the trottle.

Tenzo_Racing
    OOPS I mean idle DOH!!

RC Qualifier
    The new 3.3 opti drive tranny does not depend on the way the idle is set. The old 2.5 tranny does but not the 3.3. Sounds like a bindind issue in the tranny or a linkage issue(not swinging far enough to engage the reverse gear).
    OPS Powered Mugen MBX5T, Predator build2

RC Competitor
    like maxxbash said,its probably a simple linkage promblem....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I like having reverse available when I need it, and reverse gear is very reliable. As mentioned, if you have a 1st or 2nd generation T-Maxx, you'll need to make sure the idle speed is set correctly. The 3rd generation T-Maxxes (2.5R and 3.3) have the OptiDrive system, which prevents the shift servo from changing directions when the truck is in motion. If you have a 3rd Gen. truck and the servo is moving but the truck will not change diection - you probably have a linkage adjustment problem. The reverse function on my 3.3 T-Maxx has been flawless, and has saved me a lot of walking around when I get my truck in a a situation where it needs to be backed out of.
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?