RC poster

Question what should i buy whith $100 for my stock 2.5

I am going to buy a tmaxx2.5 and will have $100 extra to spend on upgrades so what is the best first upgrade to buy at that price?
    i was thinking a pipe,roll cage,and stiffer suspention.
    GOD DRIVES A TMAXX. Im new to the sport so if you have iny good advice pleas PM me thanks.ps i am gitting a 2.5.

RC Champion
    Bash it, see what you break, then upgrade whatever you broke. That's the philosophy of the gods right there.
    I hate E-Clips

RC Qualifier
    You should get a temp gun, extra glow plugs, spur gears, plastic bulkheads and suspension arms (preferably RPM). Because if you break anything it'll most likely be somewhere up front. What ever you do stayaway from a full rollcage, get a roll bar set, or cut the full roll cage in half.

Fuel, glow plugs, a temperature guage, a rechargeable reciever battery, and a battery charger.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A hundred bucks can evaporate pretty quickly.

As mentioned, temp gauge, rechargeable receiver pack and charger, spare plugs, failsafe, and fuel.

Other nice items include RPM bulkhead braces, metal geared steering servo, motorsaver spring clamp (just the clamp, not the filter), new style diff housings, new style body mounts.
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

RC Champion
    yeah, i too would go for receiver hump pack and the harness with the charge jack here: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHFP3&P=7

you may have to buy a charger also (i use my revo charger)

and maybe the THS pipe, i hear that its a good pipe, well that should kill the extra $100 ...........lol
    #3 R.I.P DALE you are missed- when you are old enough to vote then you can tell me what i should or should not do. traxxas models - 4wd s maxx w/3.3 axles & carriers,turnbuckles: 1st gen revo w/ a 3.3: blast boat: t maxx 3.3: nitro 4 tec: nitro rustler. "ME" for president.

RC Racer
    since everything is still running i would recommend you buy a temp gun, spare plugs, and spare spur gears. Save the rest of the money unless if u want i would get a steering servo and a battery pack.

RC poster
    Charlz, where should you cut the full roll cage? I really like mine, despite the weight gain. Any more specific info would be appreciated.
    Shane Smash! (and bash!)

This is what Nitronaught did.

RC Racer
    1400mah humppack will do it
    Yes I know my enemies
    They’re the teachers who taught me to fight me
    Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
    Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite.

RC poster
    what is a falesafe i meen what is it for and whare can you git it:?
    GOD DRIVES A TMAXX. Im new to the sport so if you have iny good advice pleas PM me thanks.ps i am gitting a 2.5.

RC poster
    so my list is
    1]temprecher guage
    2]glow plugs
    3]extra spure gears
    4]rechargable recever battery and charger
    5]recever 1400mah humpback whith charger harness ?????? 5 is alitel over my head thanks alot for all of your input.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A hump pack so that you don't spend the whole $100 on AA's, and a charger to go with it would be my first item. Extra plugs, cuz you will more than likely burn at least 1 during break in. Fuel, it's realy expensive anymore. I do run a full cage, and I race and bash. The little added weight is worth it to me. (had a Revo land right on top of my truck at the race Saturday).
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

RC Champion
    Also, I doesn't have to be 1200 MaH. It could be anything you want. Common sizes are 1200 MaH and 1400 MaH. 1400 is just the conventional size for large capacity, and 1200 for less capacity.
    I hate E-Clips

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thepunisher
    what is a falesafe i meen what is it for and whare can you git it:?

A failsafe is to put on the brakes incase that you lose control from your radio or if your batteries get low.
    If its broken fix it. If it aint broken you aint tryin hard enough.

RC Competitor
    do what they said,or rpm,rpm,rpm,I haven't broken anything thats rpm yet..

Stock truck?
    1. Prevent running down the street screaming stop, my truck!!
    Invest in an Ofnam Micro failsafe for about $20.00. BTW this usually happens near large bodies of water, oncoming vehicles, cliffs or revines.

2. Temp guage. $25.00 investment will save you the $150.00 motor.

3. Throttle return spring. Saves the same screaming problem as part 1 if your rcvr has lost power or you forgot to turn the rcvr on. Been there donw that.

4. A decent battery charger system.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    well with nitronaught you don't need a fail safe, for you theres mailbox posts!!!!!!!!(j/k)
    +1 on the charger system
    This sig is no longer than 50 characters.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thepunisher
    I am going to buy a tmaxx2.5 and will have $100 extra to spend on upgrades so what is the best first upgrade to buy at that price?
    i was thinking a pipe,roll cage,and stiffer suspention.
    with the extra money just buy the 3.3 maxx.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Savage X
    Revo

Quote Originally Posted by rkilling1
    with the extra money just buy the 3.3 maxx.
    Becuase you would still be without a failsafe, a temp gun and a battery charger.
    All Lives Matter

RC Champion
    failsafe = not required.
    temp gun = not required.

using towers prices the difference between the two trucks is 70 bucks. therefore you will have 30 bucks for a charger. you just don't have the money for batteries.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Savage X
    Revo

failsafe = not required.
    temp gun = not required.
    A 3.3 Maxx = Not Required As Well.

If you have a runaway, you've just ruined your brand new 3.3 and your truck (Worst case scenario.) . If you had a failsafe and a throttle return spring, that would not have happened. You're much better off buying the failsafe and throttle return spring. You don't need the best of the best for your first truck.
    Last edited by Porsche; 05-22-2006 at 07:47 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Porsche
    A 3.3 Maxx = Not Required As Well.

If you have a runaway, you've just ruined your brand new 3.3 and your truck (Worst case scenario.) . If you had a failsafe and a throttle return spring, that would not have happened. You're much better off buying the failsafe and throttle return spring. You don't need the best of the best for your first truck.
    FYI, the 3.3 comes stock with a TRS.

"If you have a runaway, you've just ruined your brand new 3.3 and your truck (Worst case scenario.) "

IF statements: IF someone steals it, you should have purchased an alarm.

IF someone runs it over, you shouldn't have left it in the driveway.

IF you are running it on the road and the failsafe kicks in and someone runs over it, maybe you shouldn't have had the failsafe.
    ect...

you never know whats going to happen and you cannot be perpared for every situation.
    Last edited by rkilling1; 05-22-2006 at 10:24 PM.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Savage X
    Revo

RC Qualifier
    FYI, the 3.3 comes stock with a TRS.
    and thats not going to save the truck when you get radio interferance

"If you have a runaway, you've just ruined your brand new 3.3 and your truck (Worst case scenario.) "

IF statements: IF someone steals it, you should have purchased an alarm.

IF someone runs it over, you shouldn't have left it in the driveway.

IF you are running it on the road and the failsafe kicks in and someone runs over it, maybe you shouldn't have had the failsafe.
    ect...
    Don't be dumb. You know that a runaway is alot more likely to occur than a theft, or a 1:1 car running it over.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Platnium30
    Don't be dumb. You know that a runaway is alot more likely to occur than a theft, or a 1:1 car running it over.
    How so? i have had nitro's for many years and have never had a run away. The only run away's i have every seen were during racing and that is because the linkage broke or came off. nothing that a failsafe would have helped.

i wasn't being dumb. I just don't agree that a failsafe is a REQUIRED option. IF it makes you feel safer than have at it.

I am allow to have my own opinion and for 70 more bucks i would get the 3.3 and not the 2.5. and at a minimum i would get the 2.5R.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Savage X
    Revo

I have to agree.im going on 42 years old been at rc for a long time.the only run away i ever had was stuck carb or something a failsafe woulldnt have helped.now a return spring is a good cheap investment.but you know the old saying. to each his own!!
    454 bb maxx

Some people live in areas where there is ot a lot of possabilities of radio interference. Say like out in the countryside. Others live in the city where there is definately higher chances of radio interference.
    You can drive a car all you life and never need the seat belt, however the day you do need it you better have it on. Same thing IMO.
    It is a safety, a small investment that can and probably will spare your truck a terrible tragedy.
    If you do not get the 2.5r or the 3.3 getting a $6.00 throttle return spring setup is worth while. For me anyways. Go ahead, search runaway and see how many sob stories you can read. Me, I like my truck, if anyone is going to wreck it it's me, not some stray radio signal, or loss of rcvr power, or my forgetting to turn the rcvr on.
    All Lives Matter

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    Some people live in areas where there is ot a lot of possabilities of radio interference. Say like out in the countryside. Others live in the city where there is definately higher chances of radio interference.
    You can drive a car all you life and never need the seat belt, however the day you do need it you better have it on. Same thing IMO.
    It is a safety, a small investment that can and probably will spare your truck a terrible tragedy.
    If you do not get the 2.5r or the 3.3 getting a $6.00 throttle return spring setup is worth while. For me anyways. Go ahead, search runaway and see how many sob stories you can read. Me, I like my truck, if anyone is going to wreck it it's me, not some stray radio signal, or loss of rcvr power, or my forgetting to turn the rcvr on.
    (this thread has kinda gone off topic)

nitro my comments were directed towards Porsche and his statement: "If you have a runaway, you've just ruined your brand new 3.3 and your truck (Worst case scenario.) . If you had a failsafe and a throttle return spring, that would not have happened."

he made it sound like nothing could happen if you had a TRS and a failsafe. ie the "would not have happened". that is not true.

"You can drive a car all you life and never need the seat belt, however the day you do need it you better have it on"
    wearing a seatbelt is a law. having a failsafe is not.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Savage X
    Revo

(this thread has kinda gone off topic)

nitro my comments were directed towards Porsche and his statement: "If you have a runaway, you've just ruined your brand new 3.3 and your truck (Worst case scenario.) . If you had a failsafe and a throttle return spring, that would not have happened."

he made it sound like nothing could happen if you had a TRS and a failsafe. ie the "would not have happened". that is not true.

"You can drive a car all you life and never need the seat belt, however the day you do need it you better have it on"
    wearing a seatbelt is a law. having a failsafe is not.
    Just to me, seat belts make sense, so do failsafes and throttle return springs (for the 2.5's out there).
    Yeah, no truck can avoid accidents, no truck is bulletproof that's for sure. Now if I can just keep avoiding hitting those mailbox posts I'll be happy. Yes the 3.3 has already found one.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 05-23-2006 at 10:22 AM.
    All Lives Matter

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    Stock truck?
    1. Prevent running down the street screaming stop, my truck!!
    Invest in an Ofnam Micro failsafe for about $20.00. BTW this usually happens near large bodies of water, oncoming vehicles, cliffs or revines.

If you live up here, it happens in prairie fields that go on for miles, while you have a full tank of gas.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    [QUOTE=Nitronaught]Just to me, seat belts make sense, so do failsafes and throttle return springs (for the 2.5's out there).
    Yeah, no truck can avoid accidents, no truck is bulletproof that's for sure. Now if I can just keep avoiding hitting those mailbox posts I'll be happy. Yes the 3.3 has already found one.
    QUOTE]

Nitro, already? I thought you fixed that problem.

Sure a failsafe is a great investment, I wish I had one when my truck went through my neighbors window, but there is always something that can happen. There are alot of upgrades that you can get with $100. You know where you live and if radio interference will be a problem. You know when you change the batteries (if using AAs). It is mostly about what you want and are going to be doing with the truck. Just remeber to enjoy it, after all thats why you bought it.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

RC poster
    Iny One Have A Good Link To A Rechargable Recever Battery And Charger?
    Thanks Alot!!!!!!!!