RC Racer

My Tmaxx keeps bottoming out

Hi guys well i have had my t-maxx for about 3 years now with a full list of mods but for some reason my truck has always bottomed out. my suspension includes big bore shocks, with 8 trinity black springs, and 60wt oil on the outside shocks and 50wt on the inside shocks. My shocks are set on 2nd to last level on the a-arms. But for some reason everything i try it keeps bottoming out at about 1-2 feet, i intend to race in the future but the track manager recommened that i shouldnt use any more oil then 50wt. Can anyone help me please or give me any ideas to prevent my truck from bottoming out. Thank You

RC Qualifier
    You said a full list of mods. Do you have a lot of aluminum parts on your truck? If you do they could be weighing it down. You should try putting spacers on your shocks.
    If its broken fix it. If it aint broken you aint tryin hard enough.

RC Racer
    the only aluminum part i have on my truck is front bulkheads other then that everything else is stock

RC Qualifier
    Get some trinity blue springs and put them on the 4 outer shocks on the truck and u will be happy
    email at generallee01luke@yahoo.com

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I use the RC Raven progressive springs. My Maxx 2.5 had the same problem that you are facing. Once I put those springs on, no more problem. If you catch ebay at the right time you can get a whole set for under $8.00 shipped. Good luck and happy racing.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

RC Competitor
    I tried a few defferent combos to try to fix that problem,I finally gave up,lets face it,its a lower riding truck,I don't think anything can be done to make it stop bottoming out,I have a savage,it never bottoms out,I just use the 2 trucks for different aplications..

RC Racer
    I REPLACED MY SHOCKS WITH MONSTER GT MGT 4.60 SE SHOCKS AND SPRINGS AND i'VE DROPPED MY TRUCK FROM WAY ABOVE MY HEAD AND NEVER BOTTOMED OUT

RC Racer
    yea lol thats good i guess but i swore to myself that im not gonna spend too much money on rc and anymore last summer alone i spent 500-600 on my truck for gas and parts. im looking for a cheaper way i understand that changing the springs is a good idea but i have already done it lol i have 8 black trini springs on it. but i guess ill have to agree with bulkhead and give up lol.

RC Qualifier
    Do what I already said and put spacers on your shocks.
    If its broken fix it. If it aint broken you aint tryin hard enough.

I got bigbores and mgt red springs on the inside. dual rate blue springs on the outside.with one large spacer on each shock.i take some pretty descent jumps no bottoming out! personally i think the black springs are weak!JMO!
    454 bb maxx

There is nothing wrong with an rc bottoming out, thats why it has skid plates. If your suspension is stiff enough that your truck doesn't bottom out you won't have any suspension travel and the truck will handle very poorly.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin force
    There is nothing wrong with an rc bottoming out, thats why it has skid plates. If your suspension is stiff enough that your truck doesn't bottom out you won't have any suspension travel and the truck will handle very poorly.
    +1,its just the sound thats a little irratating,not to nock the maxx,but it would have been a little better if it had a little more suspention travel,but I did quite a few mods to it,its good now..

Your in the wrong hobby if you dont want to spend $ lol. get yourself a set of powerstrokes with white springs! heck i ran stock shocks on my bb maxx and never really bottomed out.had nice firm springs all around with 70wt.ran that way for along time.you guys are dropping these things from a dead stand still.when your racing or bashing your truck is rolling atleast at 5-10 mph or more when you hit a jump so impact wont be as hard.
    454 bb maxx

RC Racer
    Yeah i like the powerstrokes 2 but they are kinda pricy, if you dont want to spend that much money i would change the oil to about 70 wt that should help a little bit. But just remember just like in a 1:1 car its not the shocks that control the bottoming out its the damperners. So try changing out the oil to higher weight.

Mitsu

Put your truck on a diet

1. FOC drop 6 0z
    2. Pull start, drop 12 oz
    3. Get a racing chassis and shed some more weight

Then take a look at how it is handling.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    Ask for some offcuts of rubber from a rubber products factory. Glue these to the bottom of the skidplates. It will still bottom out, but the rubber will protect things.
    Revo 3.3 mk1, Xray M18MT, LRP Shark MT