RC poster

quality of integy aluminum parts

can anyone tell me if the quality of integy aluminum chassis parts is good? i've priced some of their stuff on tower and it appears they are a good bit cheaper than others.

RC Qualifier
    Don't buy any that stuff. When you buy it, its basically a gamble.

RC Champion
    Integy stuff is supposed to be very weak. I don't have any Integy stuff, but they cast their stuff, as opposed to machining. Casting makes the parts weaker than billet machined parts.
    I hate E-Clips

RC Competitor
    Most people are going to slam them because they are cast. Fact is, even cast is better than plastic just maybe not as good as the machined higher priced stuff. Cast is not bad, just not as strong.

I have the bulks and chasis braces on my 3.3 and they are working very well for me.

RC Champion
    if buying for looks, yes buy it, buying for strength, don't buy it
    #3 R.I.P DALE you are missed- when you are old enough to vote then you can tell me what i should or should not do. traxxas models - 4wd s maxx w/3.3 axles & carriers,turnbuckles: 1st gen revo w/ a 3.3: blast boat: t maxx 3.3: nitro 4 tec: nitro rustler. "ME" for president.

RC Racer
    i wouldnt recommend buying any integy parts, i have some integy front and rear bulkheads. i dont know how but i cracked my rear in which i had to throw away waste of money. If you are going to buy any aluminum parts i recommend cnc, i have heard those last.
    T-Maxx 2.5, with picco .21 engine swap (with nova cooling head), vantage cf maxx pipe, motorsaver, big bore shocks, racers edge battery pack, smaxx tires, ofna buggy wing, jr z650m servo, foc, rpm a-arms, aluminum front bulkheads, more in the future i would estimate my whole setup plus truck and gas to be around $1500 Lol.

RC poster
    thanks a bunch. been out of the forums for a while due to selling my first maxx but recently just bought a new 2.5 again, thus the name remaxx. just LOVE the power of nitro!! thanks for the reads and replies. this traxxas forum is top-notch.

RC Racer
    I run the type II chassis and im sure that it is cnc not cast, works great saves weight i see no problem with them.

Mitsu

RC Qualifier
    I have a video of a jump where an integy chassis breaks in 2.

RC Qualifier
    Over all i wouldn't buy it. However my front integy bulks have held up OK. One is bent due to the fact that i ran without a skidplate one time cuz i forgot to reinstall it. LOL. I am gona be replacing them soon though
    email at generallee01luke@yahoo.com

RC Competitor
    I beat my intergy bulks,they broke the chassy once,but the bulks are fine,I got my moneys worth..
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 05-25-2006 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by creepyjackalope
    Most people are going to slam them because they are cast. Fact is, even cast is better than plastic just maybe not as good as the machined higher priced stuff. Cast is not bad, just not as strong.

I have the bulks and chasis braces on my 3.3 and they are working very well for me.
    I would highly disagree with this, cast is not as mucha matter of strength as it is consistency of strength. Two of the exact same chassis that are cast will not be the same strength some are weaker than others.
    So it's basically a roll of the dice if the cast part is strong enough for what you want. For me that is not good enough for my investment.

Your chassis is the foundation of all your mods, the backbone of your truck. It has to be strong. For that nothing but CNC'd aluminum stock please. 6061 T6 or if you can the 7075 T6 CNC'd chassis are the way to go.
    My RC Raven 6061 T6 chassis does me just fine for $50.00, lighter and stonger than stock, with nice cut outs to let air flow throught the chassis. No gambling done buying this chassis, Dace, UE, or FLM. All good in my book.
    Integy makes other good products but I would stay away from their cast aluminum parts.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    Oh Nitronaught..... you are so precise and eloquent with your words...... Just razzing you Bro. I whole heartily agree with what you have said. Now go and make 30 more post for the day. You are a posting machine!
    Dont have a Traxxas anymore, I just like visiting

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    I would highly disagree with this, cast is not as mucha matter of strength as it is consistency of strength. Two of the exact same chassis that are cast will not be the same strength some are weaker than others.
    So it's basically a roll of the dice if the cast part is strong enough for what you want. For me that is not good enough for my investment.

Your chassis is the foundation of all your mods, the backbone of your truck. It has to be strong. For that nothing but CNC'd aluminum stock please. 6061 T6 or if you can the 7075 T6 CNC'd chassis are the way to go.
    My RC Raven 6061 T6 chassis does me just fine for $50.00, lighter and stonger than stock, with nice cut outs to let air flow throught the chassis. No gambling done buying this chassis, Dace, UE, or FLM. All good in my book.
    Integy makes other good products but I would stay away from their cast aluminum parts.
    if you feel that way about the chassis.why you running a rc raven?hahahah..
    454 bb maxx

Quote Originally Posted by fantomaxx
    if you feel that way about the chassis.why you running a rc raven?hahahah..
    Your joking right. I honestly think for the money it's the best bang for the buck when it comes to chassis. It get's the job done for a good $$
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

LOL ya i almost got one until my neighbor bent his out at our bash spot.didnt find it until about 4 spur gears later lol.was it a defect? could of been but that was enuff to shy me away.
    454 bb maxx

RC Qualifier
    Integy and the word quality should NEVER be used in the same sentance.....
    "I Used A Mailbox As A Brake Once...Then I Plowed It Right Over...Hmm Must Be A Supermaxx"

"People Say UE Is To Expensive, Then Again Never Having To Replace A Broken Part Is Priceless"