Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RC poster
    Hey everyone, I think this is a fantastic thread however it seems like many of the links in the original post don't work anymore. Is there a newer thread or site that has similar type information on it (i.e. 'go-to' durable and pre-painted bodies by brand that fit the best of the 4x4 Stampede)? I'm beginning to explore what bodies I should look at next and have found that the quality and durability of various bodies vary quite extensively. Also, what are people's experience with roll cages for the Stampede 4x4? Is it worth it or ends up adding weight and doesn't really provide much benefit?

RC Racer
    Wrong thread... Haha
    Last edited by Stanleybb50; 04-04-2016 at 11:32 PM.

RC poster
    I need to find one of the new Bigfoot bodies. Hopefully proline comes out with one soon. I love that body style on an f-150

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SCsoldier04 View Post
    I need to find one of the new Bigfoot bodies. Hopefully proline comes out with one soon. I love that body style on an f-150
    Bigfoot body

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F311859349798
    You can get the grill & other chrome pieces separately.

Or get it already painted with all the accessories
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F122333996614

RC poster
    Heres my latest body, started life as a Bigfoot No 1, however that body only lasted about a month

RC Qualifier
    This is an EXCELLENT direct fit quality pre-painted body for the Stampede. It's only $19.99 shipped and look great and fits perfectly! Very sturdy lexan body. I am very happy with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Sta...53.m1438.l2649

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Joe View Post
    This is an EXCELLENT direct fit quality pre-painted body for the Stampede. It's only $19.99 shipped and look great and fits perfectly! Very sturdy lexan body. I am very happy with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Sta...53.m1438.l2649
    I've just aquired a Stampede AND Rustler!! This body looks awesome!!! I'm so getting one.

Check out my new posts in Rustler and Stampede section
    Slash 58076-4HWN
    Stampede VXL
    Rustler B.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 2006GTO View Post
    Just an observation after just transitioning from RC EDF Jets to RC Trucks (Stampede VXL 4x4) which I use for "lure coursing" for my Dutch Shepherd.

*** is the deal with lexan 0.06 body prices? 25 dollars...are we smoking crack here? I am a chemical engineer by training and thats about 40 cents of lexan injected into a sub 10K mold...Why has Proline/Jconcepts and Traxxas have us held hostage?

More money for a painted Proline body than a 4S SPC 5000 LIPO?

This is absolutely thievery in the first degree when they claim Traxxas parts are inexpensive but its 25 dollars for one ounce of lexan injection molded. I have a good friend that owns a plastics company and will look into how much for a 0.10 Lexan body mold and flood the zone with 15 dollar painted bodies, prototyped in the US and mfg in China.

Bad enough they stick you with a NiMH POS battery when you pay near 400 for a Pede 4x4 VXL...but 25 for a clear body and 71 for a painted Proline.

INSANE.

End of rant.
    What ever happened with the flooding of the market for 15.00 bodies? Have a link yet?
    Slash 58076-4HWN
    Stampede VXL
    Rustler B.

RC poster
    That looks mean as all get out.

Longshot question, I know, but has anyone tried to fit an associated Trophy Rat body on a 2wd Stampede? For $20 I might have to chance it and see how it goes. Don't see why it wouldnt with the traxxas adjustable body mounts on. I wanna give it a Mad Max Warboys paint job so I can ride eternal, shiny and chrome. This thing totally looks the part.
    associated trophy rat body @ a.s.a.p. hobbies

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PJbottoms View Post
    Longshot question, I know, but has anyone tried to fit an associated Trophy Rat body on a 2wd Stampede? For $20 I might have to chance it and see how it goes. Don't see why it wouldnt with the traxxas adjustable body mounts on. I wanna give it a Mad Max Warboys paint job so I can ride eternal, shiny and chrome. This thing totally looks the part.
    associated trophy rat body @ a.s.a.p. hobbies
    Save your money for now. The wheelbase on that Trophy Rat is going to be about 2” longer than your Stampede. It won’t fit.

Quote Originally Posted by kwkenuf View Post
    Save your money for now. The wheelbase on that Trophy Rat is going to be about 2” longer than your Stampede. It won’t fit.
    Thanks bud, I actually just saw that on the offical associated site myself. The site I originally saw the specs on that truck were wrong and said 10".
    Good looking out. Shame, it would have been a perfect body for the "application"

Anyone know some decent old muscle car or hotrod style bodies that will fit the Stamp? I found a few on rc kings that have a 10.5" wheelbase and that`s the closest I've been able to find but I have no idea how good their bodies are. Might be able to fit one with the adjustable mounts and inventive trimming though.
    I'd like to give my truck a mad max look with a warboys paint job, so body modification/trimming would just look even more the part. I would have loved to use the proline rat rod or the associated trophy rat but they are just too big wheelbase-wise.

Any suggestions?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by twellsie View Post
    Heres my latest body, started life as a Bigfoot No 1, however that body only lasted about a month

Hey Twellise, what body is that?

RC poster
    This is a great thread. I just got a Stampede 4x4 and have been looking for better bodies. Specifically looking for a Short course truck body. I have a Slash 4x4 HCG that I'm getting rid because I like the way the Stampeded handles and jumps so much better, but I love the look of the Slash body. Anyone know of any Short course truck bodies that would fit the Stampede?

Quote Originally Posted by jerry906 View Post
    Hey Twellise, what body is that?
    Looks like the Proline Ford f150 raptor. https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...y-stampede.asp
    Last edited by PJbottoms; 06-26-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234