Thread: single speed

RC Competitor

single speed

just ordered a single speed for my maxx,I have an hpi s-25 in it at the moment,I raced a little at the track,and it seems like a 2 speed isn't needed,just wondering for those who have it,do you like it?,and what gearing are you running?

RC Competitor
    there must be somebody with a single speed?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am running a 72 spur and a 18 CB. I would stick with a 2 speed. You get a better hole shot, and if you have a long straight-a-way you will want the 2nd gear.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

RC Qualifier
    At the moment I'm running a single speed 19t bell and a 72t spur. It seems ok for now. I just let off a liitle early on the back stretch, cause I'm afraid of blowing her up. It does work well with the corners. Give it a try just pay attention to the RPM's. Also I have the 3.3 engine so that helps with the low end grunt. I'm not too worried about the holeshot at the start of the race, because there is usually a big pile up in the first corner. Evertime I try to beat them to the corner someone usually will drill me and then I'm under 1 or 2 trucks anyway.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    U could just set ur two speed trannys shifting point really high so it will not shift until u get to extreme speeds. Unless u r jsut tring to shed wieght