Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    RC Competitor
    This truck is absolutely amazing. You have done a great job! Are those 40 series bow-line tires and rims or regular size?
    2.5 T-Maxx/.15 Rustler/E-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    pro bel the only perso out of the FL KEYS who is on this site!!
    looks good man keep it up!!!!!!!!
    truggy maxx:offset badland hotbodiesracing cpmbx5t

RC Champion
    i'll pm you my address! How soon do you think it will be done eh?
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Racer
    thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDeltaVIII
    This truck is absolutely amazing. You have done a great job! Are those 40 series bow-line tires and rims or regular size?
    yep 40 series maxx velocity 14mm w/ bow-tie

Quote Originally Posted by TRXnewbie21
    i'll pm you my address! How soon do you think it will be done eh?
    humm.. mb 1 month.. need some more found for the braces.. then.. w8 for the shipping which is usualy 2 weeks

need to mod the chassis for the fuel line.. some washers for my steering servo.. hummm route the fuel line and pressure line and some other minor things

few more pics.. last batch for a while too :P

on that pic we can see how low is the tank.. near the steering servo.. the tank is just ~3mm highter than the 4mm lowered steering servo we can also see the throttle servo sitting lower ~5mm

here we can see the OS spacer mounted with the steering servo

RC Champion
    Where did you get those Gorilla towers? Off of Gorillamaxx.com? I went there and they have the newer style with the square posts for the body. I want the kind like you have. Or are they the same? I looked on ebay and can't find any. Any where else i could look?
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Racer
    i got them off ebay and they were used.. mb u can ask them a set of g3 and see what they have to say.. but i saw a pic on their site with the round post installed on their new g3.3

but for some unknow reasons.. they have removed the switch mount design in their g3.3 shocktower which was really a cool thing.. meh i think i will send them a email about that :/

RC Qualifier
    Looks good but I think it needs some stickers...If you like stickers that is.
    I'm always right.... sometimes!

RC Qualifier
    that tanks kinda low dont you think what happens if you flip the truck wrong and you crack the tank or if a rock comes up and hits it you might have some problems there fire!!!!!!!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by t-maxx racer
    that tanks kinda low dont you think what happens if you flip the truck wrong and you crack the tank or if a rock comes up and hits it you might have some problems there fire!!!!!!!!!
    the lower braces will hit the ground way before the tank hit something. if i flip the truck the engine, wing and body posts protect the top part very well. like ive said some TVP truck have the tank mounted on the side like that and doesnt have much problem.. sure ive seen some savy tank broke(dunno about the tower terror and other similar tank setup) but i could say the samething with the maxx tank.. my friend landed upside down with his maxx and broke a tank leg.. there is no way for my tank to get hit if i land upside down.. u would have to blow up the engine/engine mount, wing/wing mount, body posts and the tranny.. then u could hit the tank. and about the rocks, the tank is really sturdy. i cant see the rocks crack the tank anytime soon.. if i ever have an issue with the rocks i will simply make a aluminium tank skidplate or something like that

RC Qualifier
    very nice, you have alot of good ideas. That looks like it will be a strong contender in a race--I am curious though, what did you use to cut the stock chassis. It looks really clean!!!

RC Racer
    BRAVO, BRAVO. Very Nice. u have excellant ideas. i wouldnt want to be competing in your heat!! Whats the next step, a new motor??? I think a 3.3 would be killer on that thing!!!!!!
    Been Out For a While

Looking For a REVO

RC Champion
    Thats custom shock towers eh?
    Thats a bumper? I thought it was a wheelie bar!

RC Qualifier
    No, those are gorillamaxx shock towers.

RC Qualifier
    ok but you never know just wrong landing or somthing and it could happen same with the rocks too just to let you know. but it could happen

RC Racer
    thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by outlawolds1
    very nice, you have alot of good ideas. That looks like it will be a strong contender in a race--I am curious though, what did you use to cut the stock chassis. It looks really clean!!!
    ive used a jig saw w/ a blade for metal for the first cut
    then i used a grinder to remove the exess material(the big 1 on a bench with 1 wheel on each side)
    dremel w/ sanding drums to finely refine the cut
    extra fine sanding paper(so used it polish more than it sand)
    and polished with brasso

Quote Originally Posted by I8URZ28
    BRAVO, BRAVO. Very Nice. u have excellant ideas. i wouldnt want to be competing in your heat!! Whats the next step, a new motor??? I think a 3.3 would be killer on that thing!!!!!!
    the next step is to try to put my hands on a set of SM 2.5 lower brace

ue doesnt accept paypal anymore and doesnt accept credit card outside the USA

Quote Originally Posted by t-maxx racer
    ok but you never know just wrong landing or somthing and it could happen same with the rocks too just to let you know. but it could happen
    yea.. things happend.. i may crack the tank just like i can crack a stock tank.. but i dont think i will have more or less problem than the other tank setup ive seen around.. and a skidplate should fix the rocks problem.. but if its fine w/o skidplate.. i will leave it how its at the moment.. and save some weight

RC Qualifier
    I have my RX pack under my chassis at about the same height as your tank and it has never hit by anything that messed it up. I think your tank will be fine as long as you stick to racing.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.a
    I have my RX pack under my chassis at about the same height as your tank and it has never hit by anything that messed it up. I think your tank will be fine as long as you stick to racing.
    yep.. thats exactly what i though

RC Champion
    Wow! how much does that tank weight when its full.thats alot of weight on one side.
    lots of run time though.nice truck.
    Fnunyhowyuorbarinwlilraedtihswtihuotmsisnigawrod

RC Racer
    dunno about the weight.. but should not be that much.. its just 20-25 cc more than those ofna setup... the tank look big becose of the low profile and lenght.. i will put the batt pack on the pipe side(under the rx box) to help balance the weight

edit:

also. think about all the material i removed from the chassis.. that help to compensate for that 25cc :P and my chassis weight next to nothing.. im sure its alot less than a predator chassis.. lol
    Last edited by DarkAngel; 04-12-2007 at 11:27 AM.

RC Champion
    Nice......so it's around 170cc right?thats cool.

RC Racer
    yep 170cc

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNFA1&P=7

SPECS: Length: 7" (178mm) including mounting flanges
    Width: 1.57" (40mm)
    Height: 3.26" (83mm) including cap
    Capacity: 5.7oz (170cc)

RC Champion
    Good luck with all the mods bro hope they all work for ya!

nice truck.

RC Racer

little update

got the brace few day ago, these things are awesome
    also made a hole in the chassis for the fuel line

and since trx 2.5 engine is now in the "test platform" project.. im looking for a engine

so far on my list i only have either the 3.3 or the picco maxx .26.. the rb engines cost too much... anything around 200$ or less with .21 + that i could fit in the maxx beside the picco? any sugestion would be really appreciated.. thx

if i only have to choose between these 2 i feel like i will go with the picco.. still not sure too

anyways.. here some pics of the braces

opinions and sugestions about engines are welcome

RC poster
    OMG, that is one awsome truck mate.

RC Champion
    You`ve come a long way since the thread was started. What CVDs are those?
    Thats a bumper? I thought it was a wheelie bar!

RC Racer
    RC-Best 3.3 cvds, from what ive seen they are the samething than the RD one's but different boots

any input on a engine for that truck?? probaly i will order the engine tomorrow, anything beside the .18tm, 3.3, picco .26 ?

RC Champion
    rb concept 523 tm
    os.18 tz with tm crankshaft.
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Champion
    O.S 18TZ with Dace 6mm offset engine mount and a 1/8th scale clutch meshed up to a revo spur at 16/40.

Wow, now that's impressive. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see that run!
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    oops i just re read your post dark angel and it says NO RB engines my bad. Then i guess my suggestions leaves it to the tz
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Racer
    thx for the comments and suggestions guys!!

the tz w/ a bb clutch and 6mm offset engine mount sound interesting, can i use that 6mm offset mount with different engines? ie: the 3.3 and mount a bb clutch on the 3.3?

yet.. the picco is still my first choice.. second choice is the 3.3

RC Qualifier
    hey Dark, are the RC Best 3.3 center CVD's good?
    got nitro? (no? okay, how about electric?)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel
    the tz w/ a bb clutch and 6mm offset engine mount sound interesting, can i use that 6mm offset mount with different engines? ie: the 3.3 and mount a bb clutch on the 3.3?

Yes you could

With a 3.3 you wont even need the modified mount, just follow this guide here.

http://monster.traxxas.com/newreply....eply&p=2806705

RC Qualifier
    I would suggest using the OS .18's (tm or tz) for racing........ any more power will most likely slow you down..... sounds odd, but its generally true unless your an exceptional driver.

3.3 would also be a good choice, but I really prefer the OS's ...... nobody makes better carbs than OS (IMHO) which wil give you a much higer fun to frustration factor..... (set it and forget it tuning )

Bashing,,,,,, then the more power the better LOL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RCRacer225
    hey Dark, are the RC Best 3.3 center CVD's good?
    i havent run them yet :/ but i will know the answer sometime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Noob
    Yes you could

With a 3.3 you wont even need the modified mount, just follow this guide here.

http://monster.traxxas.com/newreply....eply&p=2806705
    hey Rusty, can u post the link again? this 1 send me to a new reply

Quote Originally Posted by kramr05
    I would suggest using the OS .18's (tm or tz) for racing........ any more power will most likely slow you down..... sounds odd, but its generally true unless your an exceptional driver.

3.3 would also be a good choice, but I really prefer the OS's ...... nobody makes better carbs than OS (IMHO) which wil give you a much higer fun to frustration factor..... (set it and forget it tuning )

Bashing,,,,,, then the more power the better LOL
    i was thinking about something bigger than a .18 actualy, but yeah.. those OS engines are really ez to tune and run.

how about a sirio s23 tx? is that a discontinued engine or something?

bah.. i really dont know which engine to buy now

RC Champion
    maybe like one of those mach .26 or whatever i have seen a guy run it in his maxx at the lhs and wow does that have punch!
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Racer

new engine and rtr :)

hey guys.. finaly after long days of thinking which engine i will put in that machine.. i made a choice, RB TM323!

the engine is BIG :S not that i dont like big engine.. but that look abit weird when u see the engine head sitting highter than anything else on the truck.. highter than the body and the wing.. lol other than that looks good

barely made 2 tank yesterday.. first tank been ok.. but at the second tank i could tell something wasnt working properly. mb the clutch, shoes or flywheel or mb the tune or the revo gearing... i wil put back the trx flywheel and shoes and see what happend.. then mb go back to maxx clutch and spur

also.. i cant use the RR vented flywheel on the RB TM :S

i will try to make a video sometime, but i dunno if that wil be posible.. i hope i will be able to make 1 :/

RC Qualifier
    wow...you got a really nice car there
    I can drive threw water now

be sure to get a head protector for that engine or make some sort of roll cage that is higher than the engine because I can see some head damage in your future.
    Good Luck Nice truck

RC Champion
    + 1 for what musclehoalsrc said about head protection. I finally bought a tekno wing mount and a gun metal kyoshyo wing yesterday to save my rb 323.
    You won't be disappointed by the power of the 323! Its an awesome little engine. I currently run a 22T clutch bell (sand the inside of the clutch bell a little, it helps the clutch shoes "catch") and a 72T RR spur (.15 tranny). Sometimes when it hits second it will pop a wheelie (boy did that give me a scare the first time that happened lol). I tried using zip ties through the fins of the cooling head to save it from scratches, but even the thickest zip ties would come off mid crash leading to a scratched cooling head .

So how are you breaking in the 323? I used the traxxas method and it worked great! Supposedly these engines come factory set, but I have found I have had to richen mine up more than factory settings, so I hope my engine will last me awhile and I didnt break it in too lean!

Anyways keep us updated, I think youhave a monster on your hands!!!

Wild
    HPI Baja 5B
    T-maxx--->Going E ----> back to T

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast