Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    RC Racer
    hey thx for the comments guys,

with the factory setting mine his so rich that it will go through a tank a about 4-5 mins (170cc), i had really hard time with the engine for the 2 first tanks.. then decided to go with my own setting because these factory setting had no sense for me.. hydro lock, cuting out when removing the GP ignitor, river of fuel&oil on the floor, etc.

removed that integy 3shoes no-grip thingy (was working well in my rc10gt though) put back the stock trx flywheel and shoes... left the 40/18 revo gears on.. tuned some and now.. wow!! that thing will be a monster, and with the 18/40 gearing its seem really fast.. and yet only been to 1/4 - 1/3 throttle

i use the traxxas method but i do that on about 8-10 tanks instead of 5 tanks.. i just dont feel confortable going WOT with a engine with only 5 tanks through it.

only did 3 tanks yet and i can tell that thing will fly.. no doubt
    gonna do some more tanks tomorrow

RC Competitor
    nice work. lol when in doubt, add another tank
    If it's not broken, bash harder!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel
    removed that integy 3shoes no-grip thingy (was working well in my rc10gt though) put back the stock trx flywheel and shoes... left the 40/18 revo gears on.. tuned some and now.. wow!! that thing will be a monster, and with the 18/40 gearing its seem really fast.. and yet only been to 1/4 - 1/3 throttle
    \
    If you think that the shoes slip a bit too much still I would recommend rubbing a small piece of sandpaper on the inside of the slutchbell just to roughen up the edges a bit. I found it was necessary for me otherwise I could hear the stock shoes slip a bit while the truck was already moving.

Its great having a truck thats fast and all, but slowing down can be a problem . If you do I am sure you will come up with a solution (I mean just look how far you've come already, your project truck is wicked).

Anyways I hope you can get us a video so we can see how your truck handles, I am really interested...
    HPI Baja 5B
    T-maxx--->Going E ----> back to T

Any updates here? I'm sitting on pins and needles here waiting to see how this bad boy handles at a track!

RC Racer
    Hey DarkAngel,
    I was thinking of replacing my fuel tank with a larger one, i like the look of the duel tanks, how is the compression / feed through them both. Does the rear feed into the first tank ok ?
    Cool pics
    BB Madness :-)
    Drive it like ya stole it...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwise
    Hey DarkAngel,
    I was thinking of replacing my fuel tank with a larger one, i like the look of the duel tanks, how is the compression / feed through them both. Does the rear feed into the first tank ok ?
    Cool pics
    the pressure is fine, i dunno if its ok to feed the front tank from the rear tank though.. but i would try to go that way pipe pressure line -> front tank -> rear tank -> carb if its posible.

Quote Originally Posted by NWDave
    Any updates here? I'm sitting on pins and needles here waiting to see how this bad boy handles at a track!
    the past 2 weeks ive been really busy, moved to a new apartment :/ i didnt toutch any of my rc stuff lately... but the good new is that i do now own a brand new dvd camera, the bad new is that the guys that run the track seem to be careless about it, everytime i ask when the track will be rdy.. its like.. "bah.. soon.. probly 1 or 2 weeks" at this rate when the track will be rdy 2/3 of the season will past, ivent take any news of the track lately (moving apartment) its even posible the track is open, dunno. but with a camera in hands, videos will come soon

I've got one of my 2 project Maxxes set up with the Revo shocks, but need to score a set of shock towers with some lower (upper shock) mounting holes! I've got some RPM towers on there now, but it'll sit too low.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Gorilla maxx shock towers would be best but they stopped making it!!

You can use UE or FLM!
    Jack of all trades,master of none!!!!!

Been eye-balling the FLM units, they have what looks like some holes that line up with this Ofna wing mount I plan to run!

Just a heads up here, and you may have run into this during your buildup. I got my DUH Engineering titanium shock towers, the short ones for the old Dominator Hybrid, with T-Maxx bulkheads. Anyhoo, the stock, fat 3.3 driveshafts, and the fat Revo shocks ride them. So, I'll be buying some CVD's next, to get this truck on the track!

RC Racer
    i didnt try the 3.3 driveshafts but figured they would rub on the shocks.

well... on another note, ive been to that track past weekend.. finaly its open.. but the sad part is the track is small.. way too small for my truck :S

i hope they will make a bigger track next year :/

also it seem like every1 at the track runs electric brushless ST ..

oh well...ive been able to get a liltle video of my truck at the track.. nothing very interesting though.. ( my first time at the track, suspension isnt tuned well.. and the track is too small ) the first time ive been there it was already 8pm, not much time and light to do stuff and record

RC Racer
    Video

like i said.. nothing great, the trucks really bouncy, i will change shocks oil and tire to non offset and see if its any better.
    but anyways, the track is still too small for MTs

Nice truck, and nice video! It does look bouncy! I'll stay tuned to find out what shock spring/oil combo works the best, call me a copy cat!

I won't be done with mine for a couple of more weeks, waiting for some parts I ordered, mainly CVD's, a THS exhaust system for my O.S. .18 TM, and I'm waiting for another payday! Jut bought some standard sized (3.2") Pro-Line Crime Fighter tires today, not usre what wheels to run them on yet though..

RC Qualifier
    any updates yet?
    I can drive threw water now

RC Qualifier
    i just won a set of gtr's on ebay with about 4 different sets of springs.......for 20 bucks....... it's worth a try..........i do race mine........and will post back with some track performance updates............ i'm also gonna try the adjustment plate on the A-arm end.........after i hit the track.............i run on a fast track..... with the firm shock i should get less role in the big wide open turns................... i'll post back

has anyone from traxxas (big brother) posted on this .........and opinions .....

RC Qualifier
    im guessing those are foam tires?

RC Qualifier
    Super nice truck. I would love to have something as nice as this. Very good work. Keep it up. Have Fun!!
    T maxx, E pede

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345