RC Qualifier

Transmission out and open now what???

Hi Guys,
    So I was having a problem with my max. It was reving but was not moving. I brought it to the LHS Who looked at it and said he thinks that it is a tranmsission issue.

So took out the tranny and opened it up. Now what?????

There were no stripped gears so I am puzzeled what to do with it at this point?

RC Competitor
    check if any off the pins are broken...

RC Qualifier
    Sorry can you be more specific. Also one pin fell out and I have no idea where it is from

RC Competitor
    look at the gears....there's a pin that holds it on to the shaft...if the pin breaks,or comes loose,the gear will just spin on the shaft,and your truck won't move,check that..

RC Qualifier
    Okay I thook the whole thing apart and actually managed to get it back together. The part that looks like a wishbone (connect to the foward / reverse) has a barbell plastic part on each side one was off. I am not sure if tht came off when I took it aprart or not.

Then.... I have a sold metal peg short round cylinder looking. Not sure where that goes. I alos have a very small pin that is a little longer than the peg. Not sure where that goes either.

Lastly, It is all back together (for now) How can i tell if the reverse / foward is installed correctly? .

RC Qualifier
    if it helps i can take photos of these two mystery parts

RC Qualifier
    OKay the peg thing is part of the brake. No worries on that now I just have to find this small pin

RC Qualifier
    Ever get the feeling you are talking to yourself?

RC Enthusiast
    take a picture of what you are talking about, I just had my tranny apart, so I might be able to help. Have you looked at an exploded veiw of the tranny so help you?

RC Qualifier
    yes i did look at the exploded view. My biggest issue right now is I do not feel like the foward reverse is working correctly. Any pointers on this?

I am tempted to just go on ebay and buy a new tranny

RC Qualifier
    yes i did look at the exploded view. My biggest issue right now is I do not feel like the foward reverse is working correctly. Any pointers on this?

I am tempted to just go on ebay and buy a new tranny

RC Competitor
    No dont buy a new tranny your looking at around 130$usd and abt 150$ CND for a new tranny..... if anything just buy NEW GEARS for the tranny cost abt $50 CND thats probally 30$ USD.........

The problem with forward/reverse is that your linkage isnt set up correctly....

The forward/reverse needs to be adjusted, it needs the spring to be tight a bit, so it has more force wen you switch the RED button up and down. and needs to click in and out of the transmission. If you dont hear a click its probally not engaging. Try to fix the linkage, if it doesnt help, try to get a new servo for it.

If im correct you have a t-maxx 2.5?

READ this: http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...&cat=33&id=209

therse 1 - 5 things, and look for all those on your servo. i think it would help you out.
    IF IT AIN'T BROKE DONT FIX IT, But i always have a problem opening things and i get myself into issues, no wonder i can never get my t-maxx to run proper LOL

RC Qualifier
    If need be, new tmaxx trannys are cheep on ebay. More from one with an opti drive. Just search for "t-maxx tranny" and you will get lots of good reuslts.
    If a person can't carry a tune in a bucket, does that mean that a musician needs a bucket to carry a tune?