Thread: What Magazine ?

RC Competitor

What Magazine ?

Hello all, Quick ? What magazine do you fellows read or sub to the most. Was think of subing myself. but figured i would ask which one has the best info. Thanks, WVOUTLAW

RC Champion
    I have a subscription to RC car action and they have some great articals and reviews.

Redlined Man
    Git -R- Done, RC Style; Big Air And High Speeds

I think XRC is the least biased and most informative. Not to mention their X-Dyno.

RC Qualifier
    All magazines are bias. I'll take an online forum, or a talk with some guys at the track over a magazine anyday.

A magazine is you paying to look at advertisements.

People always say XRC is the least bias.... but when they go saying that the LST1 is a durable truck, and that the savage handles good, theres definatly some money being passed under the table.
    I would use mailbox posts to brake, then again I know how to drive.

RC Qualifier
    i think that rccaraction is the best beacause they give u a lot of ideas

RC Qualifier
    All magazines are bias. I'll take an online forum, or a talk with some guys at the track over a magazine anyday.
    People are just as biased as a magazine, if not more than a magazine. It's human nature. The only way to get a less-biased oppinion is to take it to a neutral, third party, and have them evaluate the trucks. The word "best" is very subjective. As for taking the word of online forums or talking to people at the track, thats a shining example of bias, just look at this forum, alot of the times someone asks about RPM A-arms, the UE-phites imediately start pushing UE, even though RPM would suffice for the majority of the users.
    Buy a couple of different magazines, and read them, see which one you like better. Only you can know what it is you want out of a magazine.
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher, if you can read this in English, thank a Veteran" "Keep working, millions on welfare depend on you!"

RC Racer
    i read rc car,extreme rc, and rc driver.but thats just me.
    no money+no job+broken trucks=rc depression

RC Racer
    great advice redleg. but if someone does not have the money to buy a few mags go to a book store like borders or even lhs and just skim read the mag and see what one is the best for your needs.
    dumpsters can wreck a great S-MAXX trust me

RC Racer
    i buy them at fred meyer.
    no money+no job+broken trucks=rc depression

RC Champion
    I read and have a subscription to rc car action, true there are adds but there are also more articles to help, example last issue showed how to build a cool ramp, and someone already tried and worked great.
    Retired RC'r till funds can be found...:(

RC Turnbuckle Jr. bashin Maxxer15's Avatar
    I like reading R/C Car Action, all the detail they go into on new products is great and they have some really interesting articles.
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

RC Qualifier
    rc caraction covers moretraxxas products than extream rc. also if you want a magazine that swears alot you should get extream rc.....just check out their august editorial
    Win one for the Gipper.

RC Qualifier
    i read rc driver and rccaraction. there both great mags except rccaraction only sent me 9 of my 12 issues. ive been waiting for 3 months
    come to the fun house..
    www.rccna.com

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by revo_buddy
    i read rc driver and rccaraction. there both great mags except rccaraction only sent me 9 of my 12 issues. ive been waiting for 3 months
    go to www.rccaraction.com go to costumer service type in ur email address and click missed issue
    Win one for the Gipper.

RC Racer
    I read r/c car action. MY car was picked for a Reader Ride Of The Month in August. It's the Dale Earnhardt JR N4T. Now I'm waiting for my free 1 year subscription to start.I figured I get the 1st one with my car in it, but guess not.

RC Qualifier
    i subscribe to Pop Sci and RC boat modeler, and RC car action, and i get the new yorker, National geographic, and time
    This sig is no longer than 50 characters.

RC Qualifier
    I have read all the different rc magazines before and i would say rc car action and rc driver, i also like the flipsyde comics too
    Where's the 1/8 Revo?

Traxxas Marshal
    I normally just get RC Car Action and RC Boat Modler as far as RC mags go. I also get Snowmobile, Snow Goer, and Lakeland Boating. My parents get a couple other things, but the above are the ones I subscribe to and read regularly.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Platnium30

A magazine is you paying to look at advertisements.

People always say XRC is the least bias.... but when they go saying that the LST1 is a durable truck, and that the savage handles good, theres definatly some money being passed under the table.

That's a very misleading assumption. We sell advertising, but our customers are our readers. So if we were to do what you say and lie our readers would not read, and we couldn't sell advertising.

We are bias, of course. I know what I like and so do you. BUt I don't think you're being paid because you can't drive a Savage, or you break your LST (actually you have all these trucks to say which is better).

Reviews, are reviews. Written by one person, not directly compared to other trucks. A shootout will tell you which WE think is best. And that might not be for you.

You want honesty, NO monster truck really handles well...that's why there are race cars, and truggies.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I sent a tip to rc driver, they give you decals once a year I sent that tip to rc car action twice and no reply
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!