RC Enthusiast

Tmaxx 2.5R Engine Help

Ok guru's out there, help !! I have the HSN @ 4 turns out, the LSN @ level with inner lip, new glow plug, new gas, glow plug charger fully charger and bright red, no gears binding at all, truck will run good for about 8-10 minutes or so, i can be doing almost anything at the time and walla it stalls out and takes forever to get it started again. I am already bald so cant pull out any hair, about to start drinking heavy on this one. Any ideas or suggestions ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    N1TR0 RUL35 -
    You don't have to wear a cape to be a superhero!
    Big Dog - OUT

how old is the engine. There could be an air leak, or you are simply running too lean.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Competitor
    lots of people have that problem,I couldn't figure it out also,I found that those motors are very hard to keep running,compaired to my other motors,I ended up almost giving it away...but for the first couple minutes,I liked it...

RC Racer
    you must be thinking of the 2.5 with silver head if it has the power tuned head blue it shouldnt be hard to tune...i rarely have to touch mine just slightly for weather that day... how old is your engine....if has been run to lean too long it could just be loosing compression...is it easy to turn the engine over with your finger at the flywheel....if you dont have much resistance thats the problem

RC Qualifier
    One thing to test, if you have a temp guage start the truck and when the stalling begins tell us what the temps are... Im suspecting that the compression is enoguh to start the truck percectly but once it warms up and the piston moves freely it loses its compression thus it stalls, and its hard to start (warn out engine symptoms) IF your engine is brand new I would check for air leaks... or it could be a simple tuning adjustment

RC Enthusiast
    yes it is the silver head engine, my dad bought it from a guy that SAID he ran about 2 gallons through it. I keep it very clean too. I have also replaced the O rings in the exhaust and the carburator.
    N1TR0 RUL35 -
    Big Dog - OUT

RC Champion
    Does it bog out before it stalls or does it just shut off while its doing whatever?
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Enthusiast
    no bogging, most times it is like when i come to a slowdown or after going fast and slowing for a turn or something like that. My idle is fine though thats the wierd thing.
    N1TR0 RUL35 -
    Big Dog - OUT

RC Enthusiast
    Hey, I know exactly what you mean. Mine does the EXACT same thing. I'm trying for a month though but nothing works. New glow plug but nothing happens. And my engine is NEW. When I let go of the throttle, it dies. The weird thing is that the temps are about 260-270 and won't get down. I drive without the body and the weather is cool. I can richen it up but the temps won't fall.

RC Competitor
    I tried everything,I even put a new piston and sleeve,new carb,sealed everything,it still did the same thing...and it was the silver head engine.I couldn't figure it out..

RC Racer
    imo the silver head 2.5 is junk get the 2.5r and problems are solved......i had same problem got the 2.5r and now enjoy my truck no problems what so ever......

RC Racer
    mine has the same symptoms and it is the 2.5 with the silver head
    "THE TREE'S THEY JUST JUMP OUT AT YOU!!!"

RC Qualifier
    Check for air leaks, I got 2.5 silver head I'm on my six gallon and still runs good. Try to tune from factory settings. It's all about tuning dude. T-Maxx 2.5 silver head rocks if you know how to tune it right. Good luck!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Check for air leaks, I got 2.5 silver head I'm on my six gallon and still runs good. Try to tune from factory settings. It's all about tuning dude. T-Maxx 2.5 silver head rocks if you know how to tune it right. Good luck!!!!

RC Champion
    I thought the only differene between the 2.5 and 2.5R where the cooling head? If that is in fact the case, just get the R cooling head.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Racer
    no i think the r has some porting differences also.....all i know is that i can tune and yes it may have had an airleak but if thats the case there sure is alot of silver head 2.5s out there with airleaks because the majority of people that i talk to that has them or have had them had problems....imo i wouldnt spend a dime on the engine just get the 2.5r or 3.3 and you wont believe the difference