Thread: Motor help

RC poster

Motor help

Hi,

I have one of the original traxxas tmaxxs I bought off eBay. The guy replaced the engine with an Associated .21 pro. As far as I know everything else is stock. I have pro line 40 series big joes on it. I have it tuned good. Everyone is saying things about wheelies. Mine wont do it. Does that engine just not have enough power? Do I need lower gearing? It would be awesome if I could get it to pop a wheelie just by punching it. It also squats down quite a bit when I punch it, so I am getting new harder shocks, will that help? DO i need to order a 3.3 or what? Im willing to buy stuff so just tell me what I need, but changing the engine would be the last resort. This things produces plenty of power, so what else can I do?

Your slipper might be loose, That or the engine on their is wore out. I would think that that wouls wheelie. Stiffer springs would also help.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Competitor
    I think with smaller tires,and the right gearing,it should do wheelies,mine used to,when it ran..

RC poster
    Hi,

The motor seems to scream real good so Im not thinking its the motor. But you guys mentioned gearing. I have the stock everything on there. Could you guys tell me the parts I should replace/tighten and what I should replace them with? Should I use different gearing?

RC Qualifier
    if it squats theres a lot of power transfer there,go with the big bore shocks,at least 55 wt shock oil, heaver springs. you could try using the preloads for now and see where that takes you. i have the 18t cb and 72 spur and mine is a wheely machien. 3.3 of corse.
    all rpm,acnc brace,dynomite cvd's for all,trx3.3,trx blue tuned pipe,mip header,dynomite air filter,spektrum dx3,jr servos,big bore shocks,orion 1200 ni-mh, and a mailbox scar on every corner.
    respect,Adam Sandler.