RC Racer

1st gen t-maxx'ers.

I see that most people here are running the new generation t-maxx ( 2.5 and 3.3)
    but who started in the 1st generation t-maxx like me, when it was a whole new truck on the market ? It was so fun.

Just wanted to know how much old school tmaxxers are on this forum.
    :D

RC Enthusiast
    I still have my Pro .15 T-Maxx, love it as much as my 3.3
    T-Maxx pro .15, T-Maxx 3.3

RC Qualifier
    I had a .15 aswell drove it hard and still used it untill i got the 3.3 about 1.5 month ago .I got the 3.3 tmaxx and am able to use the old .15 for parts if needed..

skidplates,motor mount,shocks ect

RC Qualifier
    I got mine new back when the maxx first came out and have ran it ever since, its still basically stock except for a few minor upgrades and a OS .18 CV-RX (s)
    AIM:bracket racer350
    Yahoo:drag_racer428

RC Qualifier
    My truck started life as a Pro 15 T-Maxx but that was more then 5 years ago. Today the same truck looks more like a 3.3 maxx

RC Racer
    Yea my t-maxx has been highly modified through the years. Only whats left stock and is still used, is the chassis. But all other parts have been changed to just stronger material parts.

RC Competitor
    i miss my pro 15 maxx terribly! no it wouldn't wheelie like the 3.3 but i could bash all day reliably with no part breakage! seems like the faster they go the more they break, im not complaining, it just seems like with the bigger engines i spend more time repairing than i do driving!
    note to self:revo hurts when it hits at 40 mph

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by hogghead
    i miss my pro 15 maxx terribly! no it wouldn't wheelie like the 3.3 but i could bash all day reliably with no part breakage! seems like the faster they go the more they break, im not complaining, it just seems like with the bigger engines i spend more time repairing than i do driving!

Exactly!! that's what i was thinking to

RC Enthusiast
    its a mind game you get a fast car the you say to your self i will see how fast it goes zoooooooooooom down the street you go the you hit a twig or stone you wobble then your car meets a thing called a post box or lampost
    HPI mt2||T-maxx 2.5

RC Enthusiast
    I got my T-Maxx off the first batch, with no bulkhead braces or prographix body. Remember when the carb flip was the hottest mod?

Stock parts left are steering knuckles, rear skid plate, tranny(although FOCd), diffs and a cut and drilled 2.5 chassis. Next up are a carbon chassis plate and a strobe slipper setup.
    The beautiful hang with the beautiful and the ugly hang with anything that will take them.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadjas
    I got my T-Maxx off the first batch, with no bulkhead braces or prographix body. Remember when the carb flip was the hottest mod?

Stock parts left are steering knuckles, rear skid plate, tranny(although FOCd), diffs and a cut and drilled 2.5 chassis. Next up are a carbon chassis plate and a strobe slipper setup.
    heheh yea the carb flip was a good simple mod. My diffs were stock till 2 weeks ago , they have been holding up some looooooong time without needing a rebuild or shimming.
    Now i have some unlimited engineering diffs, im running a picco .21 medium block.

My old pro .15 is still in great condition on the shelf. It has never ran me in trouble, easy to tune.
    Last edited by T-maxx FAN; 08-05-2006 at 07:01 PM.

RC poster
    1st gen with shark teeth or first gen with revised parts but still a pro .15??? I won mine in a raffle for 5$ now its almost a supermaxx and 1100$ in it
    Front and rear end of maxx for sale and other stuff...pm me

RC Enthusiast
    I tried hard to kill my Pro .15, I even ran it without the carb holding pin for a few tanks. Eventually I had to go donutting with no body/air filter so I could justify buying that .15 CV-X Hyper/BTH/AE pipe combo I dreamt of since day 1 of maxxing
    The beautiful hang with the beautiful and the ugly hang with anything that will take them.