RC Enthusiast

Stampede VS emaxx, help

Hello

I have been the happy owner of an emaxx for a few years (I bought it in 2002).
    One of my friend is looking at the new stampede XL, with the 12T motor, and it's teasing me.
    the emaxx is kinda heavy (it's full stock), the batteries take forever to charge (about 3h20 to charge them properly), and even if the runtime is great, it's still about 15/20mn ride for 3h+ charging.

So I was thinking about switching to that new 'pede.
    will it accept the same abuse as the Emaxx (I ride "freeride" and on BMX track) ? that's the only question in fact

thanks
    tom4

ps: my pictures of Emaxx/revo (a friend) bashing:
    http://photos.tom4.free.fr/monster_session/index.html

RC Qualifier
    yep it should handle the abuse iv'e jumped my pede off some big jumps and laned wrong and it was fine.
    I'm always right.... sometimes!

RC Competitor
    it should hold up to even more abuse, because its so much lighter. i have had less broken parts on my pede than my maxx. i like both of them.

p.s. what charger do you have that takes so long?
    e-maxx,e-pede, e-blizzard,savage25, mini lst

RC Champion
    Why is it taking 3 hours to charge your batteries? What kind of batteries and charger do you have?

BTW, I love this picture.
    http://photos.tom4.free.fr/monster_s...s/DSC_0070.JPG

Edited due to image size. Keep posted images 640x480 pixels or smaller. - razer
    Last edited by razer; 08-21-2006 at 07:32 PM.
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Enthusiast
    thanks, I try to do pics "with attitude"

I have 3300 GP batteries, and the charger is a prolux ultrapeak. as i've been told not to charge over the batterie capacity, I charge at 2A/hour, so it takes 1h40 for one batterie

tom4

RC Champion
    Many people here and other places charge at much higher rates without problems. I charge all my packs at 3-4amps. I just finished charging my Radio Shack GP3300mah pack at 3.5A and it did not get much above warm.

I will say, the Stampede is very nimble compaired to the Maxx line of trucks. I drove an Emaxx and Tmaxx and I did not like the heaviness I felt with them. They were slower to brake, etc. Just my observations.
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Enthusiast
    I've switched from an E-maxx (and a T-maxx) to a stampede and I will say that it definitely stands up to more abuse. I used to replace plenty of parts on the E-maxx and other than upgrades, I don't replace parts on the stampede. 4 wheel drive is the only thing I miss. True if you charge at 3-4 amps and/or use a dual charger, the fun factor for the E-maxx increases.
    Stampede w/ SS5800 and Revo

RC Racer
    I own a heavily modified E-Maxx and a Stampede. Right now my Maxx is not running, and my Pede is. I used to have a lot of problems with my Maxx but the Pede has never given me any.

I think you should look into charging your batteries differently. I've got two MRC 959 superbrains with fans on them and charge my batteries at 4.5 amps and have never had any problems, they come off the charger warm but not hot.

One thing to think about with the pede you will double your run time because it only uses one battery at a time.

I've been wanting to get my E-maxx going again but it will still cost about $100 just to get the stock power plant back in it, so I had to weigh doing that or getting a brushless system for my Stampede. I went with the brushless system and I don't think I will regret it.

I agree, I own a tmaxx emaxx and a pede, the pede is lighter, so it doesn't break as easy when you crash.

RC Racer
    Check this out if you're interested in a Pede:

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...36#post2457736
    Team Fastlane Machine|Novak|Hitec|Pro-Match