RC Enthusiast

Cool Big Block for T-Maxx

Can anyone recommend a big block engine for a T-Maxx? I understand I would need a big block engine mount for it as well.

RC Racer
    Beside a bigblock engine mount, you will need a bigblock chassis, probably center cvd's and stronger diffs.
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by T-maxx FAN
    Beside a bigblock engine mount, you will need a bigblock chassis, probably center cvd's and stronger diffs.
    +1 on that.
    These days the Mid blocks are becoming more popular. .23 drop in motors that scream. But then again the driveline will still need to be beefed up.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Enthusiast
    I have a picco .26 that I am happy with it is a drop in and I have not made any changes to the driveline yet. Definetly change your gear ratio.
    T-Maxx Ofna Picco .26, 22t bell, 70t spur, Mugen MBX5 Spoiler(wheeliebar,head protector), S.Slayden suspension set-up, Integy 3pc Clutch, S-Maxx tires and wheels. Man, this thing flys by ya!

RC Enthusiast
    I ended up buying an HPI Nitro star .25. They said it would work, but it definitely will need work to fit in a T-maxx. Definitely the beginning of my troubles unless I return this motor.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm not personnally a big fan of the nitro stars. Any way you go, unless it is a drop in motor, you are gunna have alot of work to do, and alot of parts to get. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair28
    I ended up buying an HPI Nitro star .25. They said it would work, but it definitely will need work to fit in a T-maxx. Definitely the beginning of my troubles unless I return this motor.
    very bad choice in engine those things are gutless!

RC Qualifier
    ewwww... nitro star! yuck! lol, If I were to go HPI, id get the .18 outlaw ss before that thing... lol
    well... this is indeed a signature...

*cough*

Can anyone recommend a big block engine for a T-Maxx?
    Novarossi 528 XRP

Novarossi 528 XSP

RB 928

RB 728

Picco P3 .28

Collari .32

Werks TL28B7

RC Qualifier
    just get a 3.3 and all your problems will fly away , but if u MUST get a BB. youll need the BB conversion, i recommend the FLM and XTM one, just because they do the job without, flushing your wallet down the toilet... the XTM comes wiht a 24.7 which is a decent motor, or you can get the Fastlane machine and use, a OS 21 Vspec, or 30VG, or if you want a BB thats affordable, you can go for the XTM 457 6 port.

OR if you want the best of the best refer to Porches reply.

RC Racer
    hey wutever you do dont get a ofna force .26....i hadda grind down the crankshaft, the threads on the crank, the nut, and hada grind part of my tranny down...it was kinda fun but the effort wasnt worth the power...
    (T-Maxx)Only parts I have stock are Skid plates, differentials, tranny case, some tranny gears, bumper mounts, 1 servo, some screws, gas tank, reciever box, and steering linkage. Started at age 11 and bought the maxx stock off Ebay, dirty, and in horrible condition. Now its...Now its...(tear)

RC Enthusiast
    Well guys, I went to another hobby store today. Its called trains and Lanes. These guys have 2 tracks there. Lots of old guys with Nomadio radios and really hopped up buggies. They really like the RB concept motors there. I'll have to wait for payday before I buy an RB motor, but I wonder if you guys ever heard of RB?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Corsair28
    Well guys, I went to another hobby store today. Its called trains and Lanes. These guys have 2 tracks there. Lots of old guys with Nomadio radios and really hopped up buggies. They really like the RB concept motors there. I'll have to wait for payday before I buy an RB motor, but I wonder if you guys ever heard of RB?
    They make some great motors. If you want a direct dropin you could go with the RB TM 323.
    When all else fails....10lb sledge hammer.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey thanks for the recommendation. I would love one of these RB motors, but they are also pretty pricey. It will be the last thing I do for the T-Maxx. Afterwards, I am trying to see the most speed I can get out of my 4 tec.

RC Racer
    The 323 is one heck of a motor. It will out run my 3.3 any day. The price may be high, but price a OS Maxx and the price ain't that far off considering that you get a tuned pipe as well. The only thing that some guys see as a downfall to the 323 is the pipe is louder than factory. It don't bother me. Good luck. On a side note when I put the 323 in my 2.5 I had to turn the motor mount around to get the mesh set right.
    What's a signature?

RC Enthusiast
    I dont mind if it is loud bro. I have plenty of room where I live. Trying to turn my T-Maxx into a demon :-) Thanks for the tip with the mesh. I had problems before when I changed the spur. I kept on stripping them for some reason.
    Last edited by Corsair28; 08-30-2006 at 11:31 AM.