Thread: leaking pipe

RC poster

leaking pipe

I got a 3.3 blue pipe, after the first run I take it out and check it and found there is a small hole on the center welding seam on the back of the pipe. It's very small hole and leaks out some burned fuel. Anyone have seen this before, how to fix it?

RC Qualifier
    i dont no if a soder touch up would help or just melt but you could tack it back together

RC Racer
    Don't think you'd get the muffler hot enough to solder. Could try a small drop of muffler cement available at your local automotive parts store.

RC Qualifier
    I have the same problem of a leaking pipe. However, I thing it's coming from the piece that connects the pipe to the header. Has anyone had any leaks from there?

RC Enthusiast
    you should definately be able to just put a drop of sodder on it but you should message traxxas and have them send you a new one....my two speed shift on my 4-tec didnt work from the factory so i just asked them to send me a new one

in the meantime though, if you sodder it there should be nothing wrong...use heavy gauge sodder that should melt arount 720degrees

your pipe wont every get half as hot

RC Enthusiast
    I had a comosite pipe that leaked around the seam from factory. I called traxxas they sent one out no prob warranty free. thanks traxxas

RC poster
    thanks for the info.

did traxxas that great?

I have already apply some sodium silicon type muffer mender from inside it won't affect the look, it should stop the leak but i never try yet. I just wonder that is sodium silicon durable to stick on the pipe