RC poster

Jb welded the differencial

i jb weleded my differencial today and it runs nice. i just wanna know if any one else has done it? will it lead to a major problem.....cause its pretty fun drifting with it......

RC Qualifier
    You could have just put shoe goo in there so that you can have a functional diff. again if you wanted.

I would say stay off of the street, but since you most likely will be replacing the tranny at some point now, you might as well tear it up on the street.
    Revo 3.3 w/ RB323 & pipe-Cen.Diff, rear brake, THS Cvd's, Hitec single steering, Futaba throttle servo, dish w/ bowties, Tekno mount and Mugen wing - Rustler 3.3 - FLM front & rear bulks and towers, steel output yokes, RPM a-arms all around, bearings in all 4 corners, traxxas al. shocks, DC pipe, RD carbon plate, RC-parts bellcranks, springs and rims.

RC Racer
    My buddy said he done his like that and kept doing some crazy doughnuts. I think he also ripped some drive shafts but other than that I don't think it did anything else bad to it. He didn't like all those doughnuts too much though so now he has a new tranny in it.
    He Rides Again!!!

RC Qualifier
    with a 15 it works great..with the 3.3 all it did was spit out drive shafts every time i took a corner or got air....with a 15 it would spit a drive shaft but not all that often..and i didnt notice any extra wear on anything but drive shafts

RC poster
    i can put shoe goo in the differential?...do i just fill it full of shoe goo?

RC Champion
    Shoe Goo WILL get eaten up. Use epoxy or JB-Weld. I JB-Welded MY diff, and it's awesome! Your driveline WILL take a bigger beating though, so don't try doing stuff that would stress it (landing at full throttle )
    I hate E-Clips

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by metalhobo
    Shoe Goo WILL get eaten up. Use epoxy or JB-Weld. I JB-Welded MY diff, and it's awesome! Your driveline WILL take a bigger beating though, so don't try doing stuff that would stress it (landing at full throttle )
    Worked fine for me when I did it.
    Revo 3.3 w/ RB323 & pipe-Cen.Diff, rear brake, THS Cvd's, Hitec single steering, Futaba throttle servo, dish w/ bowties, Tekno mount and Mugen wing - Rustler 3.3 - FLM front & rear bulks and towers, steel output yokes, RPM a-arms all around, bearings in all 4 corners, traxxas al. shocks, DC pipe, RD carbon plate, RC-parts bellcranks, springs and rims.

RC Champion
    How long have you had it in? Shoe Goo ain't exactly tough, and it will probably get eaten up eventually since it's kind of rubbery.
    I hate E-Clips

RC Champion
    i did it too my s maxx and it was hard to drive, pushed the front tires when trying to turn on the street but it was fun doing the doughnuts.
    #3 R.I.P DALE you are missed- when you are old enough to vote then you can tell me what i should or should not do. traxxas models - 4wd s maxx w/3.3 axles & carriers,turnbuckles: 1st gen revo w/ a 3.3: blast boat: t maxx 3.3: nitro 4 tec: nitro rustler. "ME" for president.

RC Enthusiast
    well there is a easier way to do this. most poeple use silly putty when they do this. it's strong, removable and you dont have to let it dry.
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Head`Hunter
    well there is a easier way to do this. most poeple use silly putty when they do this. it's strong, removable and you dont have to let it dry.

Silly Putty huh wont that get caught up in something and mess it up if it leaves the diff/tranny?
    my rusty got ran over by an suv

RC Champion
    Silly putty won't completely lock it when used in planetary gear diffs. In spider diffs, it's a different story. But in planetary diffs, it allows for some differential action. I'm not sure if you wan't that or not.
    I hate E-Clips