RC Champion

Some people do not have a Clue!!

Today at work i was reading a nitro Engine tuning book it has all kinds of other helpful info also. this guy walks over says David what are you reading?> i said Nitro tuning book" he says OHH you need a guide to learn how to drive a tyco r/c? i said TYCO? he says yes: i said NO i have a traxxas revo/t maxx and some other r/c's that come from the hobbyshop. he said well i did not know tyco was sold at hobbylobby! i said hobbylobby (DOES) not sell any R/C parts/kits/RTR'S whats so ever!

his reply was.
    well i do not need a manual to learn how to drive one or put the batterys in and go! (GASP) UMM i have a nitro truck only batterys i use is for the radio and a receiver pack for the receiver/servos. so i showed him r/c car action a few pictures of a rc10gt and a t maxx and a 1/8 scale buggy. he said ohhh TYCO done a good job on them cars/trucks! i said forget it your not understanding this is not tyco or radio shack brand! then he proceeds to laugh and make fun of the hobby and he said how he can go to (ANY) track and lay down 40 laps with any spin outs or wrecks!

i told him sure come out saturday to Comp r/c il let you race one of my trucks to see if you can get 40 laps in 4 minutes? he said ohh i am busy saturday maybe next weekend. this shows you some people do not have a clue.....makes me mad then he makes excuses why he cant come out and show me.. geeezzzz
    Last edited by GlowThunder; 09-28-2006 at 08:03 PM.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Qualifier
    Lol, i call those ppl lamers. Lame ppl who are just jealous, and are imcompetant.
    Where's the 1/8 Revo?

RC Champion
    Sometimes the best bet is to just say okay and go on with life. Life is too short to waste precious air arguing with ignorant people. I find that with most people like the guy you mention nodding a simple okay and agreeing with them then proceeding to ignore anything else will make them shut up and go away. SO of the more persistant ones you just have to walk away from. You will feel much better in the long run. In the end they suffer most due to their own ignorance and/or obliviousness.
    Some things are just meant to make us wonder.

RC Qualifier
    yeah, thats what people do( i saw this in a signature and it applies everywhere) arguing just sinks you down to their level. and then they beat you from experience. just go on with life, karma will get them sooner or later
    Just Lax'in

RC Qualifier
    Yep, just like "My name is Earl" Lol.
    Stampede XL1 turned VXL and Rustler XL-5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I just don't let those type of people bother me. Most of the people I know have seen these things run and know what they can do.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

RC Qualifier
    yer man that exact same thing happened to me they were bagging me out because i played with little toy cars so i said meet me at so and so place and i took my buggy their and theyre jaws just dropped in amazement they said can i have ago i said i thought you dont play with toy cars lol they had no idea
    why does rc have to be so expensive.but its all worth it when you pull the trigger

Traxxas Employee captainharlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSP
    Sometimes the best bet is to just say okay and go on with life. Life is too short to waste precious air arguing with ignorant people. I find that with most people like the guy you mention nodding a simple okay and agreeing with them then proceeding to ignore anything else will make them shut up and go away. SO of the more persistant ones you just have to walk away from. You will feel much better in the long run. In the end they suffer most due to their own ignorance and/or obliviousness.
    Apply this on your daily life will make you live happier.
    Terminal is not the end, only the beginning...

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like the guy was jerking you around to aggrivate you. I know a guy like that. He probably understood more than he let on.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowThunder
    Today at work i was reading a nitro Engine tuning book it has all kinds of other helpful info also.
    Are you getting paid to read? lol
    99% of people reading this are slower then me

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougherty
    Are you getting paid to read? lol

lunch time

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Yeah, my girlfriend thinks it is soooo stupid and "uncool", but of course she's never seen my truck run. I don't think it would matter though. Kinda frustrates me sometimes.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    I work with a guy that ask me how I could spend so much on rc's. I asked him why he spends so much on music. He is always buying a new CD,blank Cd's for downloads,old albums and other stuff.He said he does not spend that much. So I told him it's more then I would spend on music. Then he just gets mad. Ever body has the right to spend there money the way they want to. If it makes you happy than just do it. I try to avoid talking to him about such things just to keep from getting into an argument.
    2 Stampede's, E-Maxx, Extended chassis T-Maxx 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Yeah, if everyone could be a little more open-minded it would be great! Like with the situation dealing with my girlfriend, she is into chanel, which I don't think is particularly sensible or understand, but I don't say anything negative about it or bash it. She wants a bag that's like 1200 dollars, I was like I've driven cars that cost less than that!
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    Personally, I think letting him drive your truck around would be a very bad idea
    Revo 2.5 /w 3.3 engine, TiAno shocks, z650m, Pythons, Lunsford, Mugen filter

RC Competitor
    double post
    Last edited by jato's revo; 10-01-2006 at 08:34 PM.
    no name is a real place if you don't believe me look it up

RC Competitor
    Personally, I think letting him drive your truck around would be a very bad idea
    i double this

if he thinks he is that great with a nitro truck yet laughs at it when they have incredibly high top speed for such a small car, not a great thing to say. he could just deside to wreak it and say "wow these things" are fast." and just walk away with out saying anything. now you have a wreaked truck and you have to pay for replacement parts.

p.s. not too smart saying meet me at so and so when he laughed at it
    but you had fun runnig your truck anyway
    no name is a real place if you don't believe me look it up

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jato's revo
    i double this

if he thinks he is that great with a nitro truck yet laughs at it when they have incredibly high top speed for such a small car, not a great thing to say. he could just deside to wreak it and say "wow these things" are fast." and just walk away with out saying anything. now you have a wreaked truck and you have to pay for replacement parts.

p.s. not too smart saying meet me at so and so when he laughed at it
    but you had fun runnig your truck anyway

i have a basher truck he could try out but it is track worthy. i am not worried about him he always makes fun of peoples hobbies or what they do in there spare time!! he has no life or wife or kids sits home alone watching tv constantly and barely comes out side. friday he came over and said something about my hobby i said Ok and walked off he got kind of mad he didnt get a reaction out of me"

RC Qualifier
    Those reactions is what keeps him going. So when does not get one he does not know what to do. Just keep ignoring him.
    2 Stampede's, E-Maxx, Extended chassis T-Maxx 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSP
    Sometimes the best bet is to just say okay and go on with life.
    Couldn't have put it better
    T-Maxx 3.3: dUEce Predator chassis, dUEce motor mount, UE Ti. centers, UE Gen4 SS, UE RacerX Knuckleheads, dUEce 23mm adapters, Hard Anod. TiNi GTR's-The NEW XL-5 Stampede with a Novak 5.5r-OS18TM powered N.Rustler/Pede Hybrid :) -E.Rustler(waiting for Mamba Max 5700),Tons of hop-ups and a Spektrum dx3 w/3 recievers :D

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by captainharlock
    Apply this on your daily life will make you live happier.
    Amen to that!
    the smell of nitro makes me giggle

RC Champion

geez..

I hate people like that.

Like the guy at the local food joint down here... Every time I go in there he tries to tell me about his nitro grasshopper. Insists that he had one 6 years ago and it did 60mph stock.

*snicker*
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it but if you can upgrade it, break it.

RC Qualifier
    That is Hilarious! I didnt know Tyco made a revo...lol um... quick question, what are ya doing, reading r/c at work... ?
    /_|,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)=0=)_)

Boone722
    It's better to just let them think what they want,it's a hard thing to do but makes you a better person.BUT on the other hand tell them to go and get the truck they like at the local RS and meet em and blow the doors off em.Maybe that's evil but sure sounds like a lotta fun don't ya think?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Heck, I just invite them out to the track and let them see for themselfs why we do this. A few guys have actually joined us.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by electric nebie
    That is Hilarious! I didnt know Tyco made a revo...lol um... quick question, what are ya doing, reading r/c at work... ?

it was my lunch time 30 minutes for lunch.