RC Qualifier

Where do yall run your trucks?

I just wondered where some of yall run you e-maxxes at. my usual running spots around my house have got REALLY boring lately and I was looking for something new. I'm not necessarily hunting for a specific geographic location, just and idea of stuff i could do with my truck.

thanks.
    AIM:bracket racer350
    Yahoo:drag_racer428

RC Champion
    I run my truck in different park around the city and on the streets.
    No one ever really dies.

My area is growing greatly so there is always about 5-6 VERY large construction sites to choose from.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I've always just run mine in the yard around my house, and now the area around my dorm.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    Hehe.......This is where I run my trucks, just found it not too long ago:
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...C/P1000092.jpg
    That's my rustler in the background
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...C/P1000121.jpg
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...C/P1000119.jpg

Edited due to image size. Keep posted images 640x480 pixels or smaller. - razer
    Last edited by razer; 10-06-2006 at 09:34 PM.
    Stampede XL1 turned VXL and Rustler XL-5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Last edited by luis gloria; 10-06-2006 at 02:37 PM.
    "bah weep granah weep nini bong"

RC Racer
    Looks nice, whish I had a place like that around here, but I guess I am just gonna search ;o)

I run my E mostly in the yard and on the street in front of my house. Planning on joining a club from next spring though. Gets kind of boring to drive alone, and I will love to put some nitros behind me ;o)
    www.rcgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=2166

Traxxas Marshal
    I run around our houses. I have a track that I made down here and up at the cottage I run on the beach, in the woods, around the very large bluff, etc...
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    yeah, i need to build a track. i've got 22 acres of land and a tractor, i just need to get started on it.

RC Qualifier
    the back yad is my mian bashing place. My dad is a project manager and ofetn times on the weekends i go to work with him and bring elanore around. weather it be warehouses with space measured in acres, the unfinished gravel floor in a small retail building, oi the large piles of dirt residing beside a newly dug commercial foundation. It's great. but nothing beats the god old back yard.

Ace
    Elanore E-Maxx. My guaranteed money burner.

RC Qualifier
    what all kind of stuff do you have in your backyard to run on?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. bashin Maxxer15's Avatar
    I run in our yard and and the cornfield behind our house.
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

RC Qualifier
    i have mostly grass. we have mulch spots that i can do some rooster tails in. it varies from flat to very bumpy so it's not completly boring. we have a garded that's not just a dirt pit and when ther corn is cut down i run around in the field sometimes. the driveway makes a nice launching strip to takeoff over the hill that the ydr drops off into. it's pretty fun. i might take a pic tomorow.

ace

RC Champion
    I do like another poster stated, find construction sites around town, very easy to do in my quickly growing area of Florida. Also a new bmx/rc track is being build about 2 miles from me. Track is about 2 acres. Also if you know of any cool spots where atv's run, usually a good spot to run r/cs as well.
    No he's not the Tom from M-Space!

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxxfan67
    what all kind of stuff do you have in your backyard to run on?
    I have a lot of stuff to drive on on my property here. Piles of dirt, leaves, sticks, etc on the north west corner of the property in the woods, my track, our huge lawn, the beach, the bayou , etc...

Up north at the cottage... Bashing sites are limitless .
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

I normally go to a mulch pile behind a guy's house, clime and jump it, or i go to my nabor's house that's being bilt.

RC Qualifier
    I drive on my track and in my yard. Jumps... Rocks... Drops... Stairs.... Wheelies... CRASHES...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...x/IMG_0332.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...x/IMG_7653.jpg

its sorta hard to see, but the truck is upside down in the middle.
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...x/IMG_7651.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...x/IMG_7654.jpg
    Last edited by EbayEmaxx; 10-06-2006 at 07:34 PM.
    L'argent ne fait pas le bonheur, mais il aide.

RC poster
    Here

RC Competitor
    The local Skate park. Big jumps are deadly!! 2-3 flat landings from fifteen foot high jumps will send the batteries through a new chassis!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by VGCaged_Emaxx
    Hehe.......This is where I run my trucks, just found it not too long ago:
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...C/P1000092.jpg
    That's my rustler in the background
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...C/P1000121.jpg
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...C/P1000119.jpg

Edited due to image size. Keep posted images 640x480 pixels or smaller. - razer
    ENVY!

I usually go crusing around front, tried beach once (killer rust = bad idea), took it once to school... I want mud though.

RC Competitor
    Here also - in front of the house. I "borrow" some sidewalk chalk from my kids and we make a track. Some times it's a high speed oval like today, but we like to draw some turns too. Emaxx will smoke any kid on a bike BTW

You get really good pop off that steep ramp - no need for speed on that one!

This is video of some street action. I'll apologize now for the pathetic quality. Note the last jump - I hit it while wheelieing, but you can't hear all the tumbling noises on the video...
    Street bashing

RC Racer
    must be one of tose "corperate" skate parks, since its so clean
    MAXX STANG!!! King of the street!!

RC Competitor
    The Skate Park is run by the city. Actually, it's usually dotted with litter. During the summer, we hit that place early in the morning before the kids show up, and the garbage collectors come at that time too. It was prolly just cleaned when I took the picture.

RC Qualifier
    what time are you talking about wingwagen? like before 10? I know of a skate park sort of close to me but i don't want to have to get up at dawn t get there in time to use it.

also, any "nessecary" adjustments that need to be made to go to a skatepark form a high groun cearance basher?

Ace

RC Competitor
    I'm quite lucky as I live over the road from a playing field so lots of well-manicured grass for speed runs, but there's a path between the grass and the athletics track which runs along a ridge where there are lots of steep climbs about 8-9ft high. And my father-in-law is a farmer, so heaps of rough ground but there are lots of strewn rocks and sheep skulls (and droppings!) to catch me out. And behind my garden fence is a small-ish patch of open dirt which is good for quick blasts. Nearby is a dirt BMX track which is great for jumps and breaking shock towers.

So come visit Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia! No mud, plenty of dust (we're in a drought alas).

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by aceracer195195
    what time are you talking about wingwagen? like before 10? I know of a skate park sort of close to me but i don't want to have to get up at dawn t get there in time to use it.

also, any "nessecary" adjustments that need to be made to go to a skatepark form a high groun cearance basher?

Ace
    We're actually meeting there at 7:30 tomorrow - Gulp!!! How desperate we are!!! Actually, we have to go to work afterwards. Now that the kids are in school, I'd bet it's dead during the day.

I think high ground clearance is fine. Heavy oil and stiff springs would be good to help land the big jumps. It's easy to bottom out onto the concrete, so the height will help. If I have any advice, it would be to COMMIT. Every time I pussyfoot, I broke something because it would land upside down. Also, have some flight control skills ready to ensure you land on the wheels. The first few times, we were unable to finish the batteries off without breaking something, but the park is addictive
    Last edited by windwagen; 10-09-2006 at 07:55 PM.

RC Qualifier
    ok cool. I mgiht try the local skate park sometime. well, it's not really local if it's close to 10 miles away.

I can't imagine wha i'm gonna break there. i snapped a lower a arom just jumping off of a little 1ft plastic thing today.

Ace

RC Competitor
    Cool - let us know how it goes!

Tomorrow, I'm testing my reinforced T maxx Aluminum chassis. I'll be launching off the vertical ramp in the middle, which usually results in roughly fifteen foot heights - and the "battery through the chassis" flat landings.

RC Competitor
    Here's a video for today's sesh at the skate park
    Skate park

Something weird is going on with the link. Please try to cut and paste this, if it doesn't work.

http://ca.geocities.com/wong5102@rogers.com/Skate.wmv
    Last edited by windwagen; 10-10-2006 at 09:52 PM.