Thread: 2.2 Drift Tires

RC Champion

2.2 Drift Tires

im looking for 2.2 drift tires, i havnt found any, the only idea i have is wait for a couple of road rages to be completely worn out? or do they exist?
    |zRad^|
    -TRX Slash^
    -HoBao Hyper 9 PRo^

RC Champion
    I used an old pair of Dirt Hawgs for the drifting video I made. http://media.putfile.com/Jato-Drifting. Ive gotten better at it since then but my camera man is a hard guy to get a hold of.
    Live now, not then.

RC Champion
    I have never seen them ... my seggestion would be to use a bald set of tires ... kind of like imhungry114 ... I know my stock tires would work pretty well
    9R

RC Champion
    hehe, yeah thats the only thing i could think of, well thanks!

im thinking of putting a gyro and see how it works, last time i saw 1 gyro that was sold for 16 bucks on ebay, so ill give it a try =D
    |zRad^|
    -TRX Slash^
    -HoBao Hyper 9 PRo^

RC Competitor
    I use my stock tires when i want to burn out and mess around on road, they are nice and bald now.

RC Racer
    zJatoRad.... I have a pair of bald victory tires. :P
    Setting up my 3.3 for speed runs! :D

RC Racer
    or u could just cheat and spray the ground with your hose, cough"imhungry114"cough. your not going to be able to truely drift your jato like cars. sorry

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by seabee
    your not going to be able to truely drift your jato like cars. sorry
    thats what you think =)
    |zRad^|
    -TRX Slash^
    -HoBao Hyper 9 PRo^

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You could try putting something over some Road Rages, Duck Tape maybe?

RC Racer
    drifting is a full road course that slide through every turn, if you do it like "imhungry114" its just powersliding. if you want to do it correctly in rc, your gonna need 4wd, otherwise the wheel base is way too small. plus youll need to do something to the front wheels as well to get them to slide. i hope somebody will beable to do it, but good luck.

RC Champion
    or u could just cheat and spray the ground with your hose, cough"imhungry114"cough. your not going to be able to truely drift your jato like cars. sorry
    I dont need the water any more. I use those same tires which are quite bald now.
    drifting is a full road course that slide through every turn, if you do it like "imhungry114" its just powersliding. if you want to do it correctly in rc, your gonna need 4wd, otherwise the wheel base is way too small. plus youll need to do something to the front wheels as well to get them to slide. i hope somebody will beable to do it, but good luck.
    Lets see your drifting videos if you know so much about it. Or powersliding if you can do that. And as far as I know you dont use 4wd from drifting. All of the competition drift cars ive ever seen are rear or front wheel drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsullied_Spy
    You could try putting something over some Road Rages, Duck Tape maybe?
    That works great, but the tape wears through fast. And you get no traction at all. So trying to get speed coming up to a drift is pretty hard.
    Live now, not then.

RC Qualifier
    With RC cars you really could do with 4wd for drifting. In the Formula D championships (full size cars) they mainly use RWD cars.

All of the competition drift cars ive ever seen are rear or front wheel drive.
    How on earth do you get a front wheel drive car to drift iamhungry114??

RC Racer
    all rc drift cars are 4wd. look at the yokomo or hpi drift cars. i have a yhokomo drift car and if i take the front drive off, all the car does is spin around. i know the real competition full size cars can do it rwd, but they also have a wheelbase that is 10-12 times larger. i didnt say that i could drift with the jato, because of my reasoning before. anyone can do a powerslide, turn the wheel and cram on the gas. im not trying to prove you wrong, im just telling it how it is.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have my Jato geared down to 58/20 and I use the bald stock tires to drift. It is hard, but you can get a good drift out of it. Normally what happens is it has waaaaaay to much power and causes you to spin out.

I have gotten one awesome 20mph drift out of it, it was perfect. I wish I had a video camara.
    BP stands for Brushless Powered - LMT1940/7 CF G2R

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato360
    With RC cars you really could do with 4wd for drifting. In the Formula D championships (full size cars) they mainly use RWD cars.

I know it sounds wierd but I have seen it done.
    Live now, not then.

RC poster
    You can drift with the jato. It is not easy but you can. All you need is a set of bald tires and I mean bald ( all four tires) . I can now drift mine in second gear now. But it has taken alot of practice and broken parts.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato360
    Snow.

Other than that it's pretty tough, I drive a front wheel drive car (like most cars) and proper use of the E-brake on gravel or snow/ice will get you a drift, but not a very spectacular one.

RC poster
    Why doesn't everyone goto HPIRACING.COM and look at the RS4EVO which is their flagship drifter and read the specs! 4WD duh. They even make a Stage D drift kit as an option for it which makes it even more purpose built. even the team associated tc3 is a 4wd drifter. imhungry114 you need to relax and don't get upset because someone pointed out a flaw in your powerslide.