A Morning In The Woods (quite a few pics)

finally got the T-maxx back together this weekend and took it for a test drive/swim down the woods behind my house.
    its now fully waterproofed (or i hope it is), all the servos have been plasti-dipped and the steering servo is in a balloon too. receiver and AA's are in balloons too. all in all it worked great (see pics below) only trouble i had is when the failsafe got wet and shut the throttle off when i was in the stream lol but once it dried i was off again

all i need now is MORE RAIN!! enjoy

stampede91
    WOW.....I would be horrified to do that with my truck even if it was water proofed. It looks kinds fun though

yeh everytime i do it i think its gonna break, but its too fun not too!

RC Racer
    Plastidip looks neat.
    T-Maxx 2.5 - 2.5R upgrade, RPM A-arms, MIP CVD's (rear only), TRX Big Bore shocks

E-Stampede - Super Rooster ESC, Stinger 12T motor, Hitec 645 steering servo

RC Champion
    it looks good, i hope it does hold up for you, if not, stock servos and recievers are relatively cheap,i plan on doing the same thing this winter for snow bashing, the only thing i can see that looks really worrysome is the air filter!, especially in the pic of taking it for a swim!,
    for mine i'm thinking or rigging up some kind of plastic shell, possibly out of an aerosol can cap if it's big enough to leave some space between the filter and the shell. if you've ever seen the airbox on an old yamaha enticer snowmobile , that's the idea, they don't run a filter but i will
    but anyways, cool pics!
    wandering the RC galaxy gathering knowledge

thnx for the comments

yeah i havent worried about the air filter yet as the stream and woods are pretty dry at the mo, but i do need to think of somethin for when the weather gets bad

RC Racer
    Saw your videos on youtube
    T-Maxx 2.5 - 2.5R upgrade, RPM A-arms, MIP CVD's (rear only), TRX Big Bore shocks

yeh ive got quite a load on there, the stream ones on there are before i plastidipped everything too, i had them all in balloons back then

Boone722
    All I can say is WOW Real cool pics too.

RC Qualifier
    yea i saw one of your videos too it was cool. and nice pics!!! im glad to see other people putting their maxx through streams and mud like me!!! lol except mine arent waterproofed.... anyways NICE PICS!!!!
    Last edited by maxx4x4; 10-15-2006 at 10:49 AM.
    So We all said "Wendy's Foo" and drove off.

heres another pic
    this time of me gettin stuck trying to turn round lol sorta time i need reverse!

and this ones a bit dark, but look to the back wheels and u can see the depth of the water

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    kool. I have an xtra .15 tmaxx sitting around. I am planning on waterproofing it and getting it ready for streams, mud and snow. I hope u keep updating this thread with any problems cuz ill probably have th same ones. LOL. have u had any trouble with anything rusting? In addition to ur truck, u should think about making some rubber sock socks out of skinny party balloons and making a cap for ur airfilter. I want to make some wheel wells in mine once i get to it. Awesome truck.
    Want a TJ wrangler near Louisville, KY under $4000

thnx! good idea about shock socks

the truck has never rusted from the mud or water in the stream, but a few months ago i made the mistake of running it on the beach and through the sea, and absolutely everything rusted lol! so stick to freash water is my only tip

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yeah. I hope to start on my mud maxx today if i can by plasti dipping the servos. do u have the reciever just ballooned? i have heard something like some rc boaters filling their recievers with vaseline to protct against water. Anyone know if this would work ok? would if affect the receiver at all?

i read that somewhere on here too, but i cudnt be bothered with that, its just inside a balloon, i think the box is pretty protective of it anway. ive had no troubles with it yet

RC Qualifier
    looks like alot of fun, i like youre sig shorty..... i want to do this but it sounds like breaking parts from water lol
    If its not broken then you arent driving to your ability

RC Racer
    thats sweet you should put a ballon over the air filter and make it a submarine!
    Stinger3

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinger3
    thats sweet you should put a ballon over the air filter and make it a submarine!
    That wouldn't work, you could make it ford water though by making some snorkels for the airfilter and exhaust. shorty101, did you cover the holes in the rims to keep water from gettin in the foams? I didn't do that and a while after running in the snow they got pretty smelly.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2991125

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    oh nice catch there navigator ghost. I have never thought of the foams. Ill cover the holes. I plasti dipped my servos today and did a little body mods to kick start my Mud maxx project.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by navigator ghost
    That wouldn't work
    Ya dont say!
    Stinger3

RC Racer
    Couldn't you just put some vaseline around the crease on the receiver box cover and on a gob of it on top of the frequency chip cover? That should keep water out by repelling it totally.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by merc123
    Saw your videos on youtube
    Hey, where's exactly the video? Link please anyone?

RC Champion
    Don't you have trouble with the clutch after you get it wet? I've gotten my truck soaked a couple of times and once it's been too deep in the water, the clutch gets wet and it doesnt grip AT ALL, so I can drive my truck out of the water.
    Anyone else have this prob?
    It's funny until someone hurts themself then it's hilarious!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yeah where is the video link,, i really want to see these videos.

thnx for comments guys! and no i forgot about the holes in the wheels lol will do that next time,
    there arent any videos from this outing but there are a few from a previous test before it was finished here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRN9UJdAKCo

better vids coming soon