Thread: why is it...??

RC Racer

Question why is it...??

i shouldnt HAVE to make a account somewhere JUST to post pics here....why dont they change???
    MAXX STANG!!! King of the street!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. bashin Maxxer15's Avatar
    What do you mean? Do you mean that you have to open an account on Photobucket or something?
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Traxxas Marshal
    He means how we cannot attach pictures to our posts... I don't like attaching pictures. It's easier to just get a host IMO. There are always restrictions on attachments and so on...
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    bashin, yes! i hate haveing to have tons of dif accout to sites JUST to add pics. thats stupid. the zone, i dont have to do that, nor on alot of other sites i frequent.
    MAXX STANG!!! King of the street!!

Well, if the sites did'nt have you set up an account there would be no way to control the site, anybody could just get on and add or delete whatever they want.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Maxxer06
    bashin, yes! i hate haveing to have tons of dif accout to sites JUST to add pics. thats stupid. the zone, i dont have to do that, nor on alot of other sites i frequent.
    I don't see how it's a big deal... Only the mod's can attach files. We cannot.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Most ISP's provide personal web space you can use to host your own pics. My ISP (Adelphia) provides 10MB for whatever I want to put there.

RC Champion
    www.imageshack.us You don't need an account...
    I hate E-Clips

RC Enthusiast
    my vote goes to photobucket.
    Its really simple to setup, just upload... copy and paste the img link here.
    [Nitro Rustler 3.3] RPM A-Arms | FLM Shock Towers.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rustler-
    my vote goes to photobucket.
    Its really simple to setup, just upload... copy and paste the img link here.
    Yeah, I like Photobucket to, I dont really care for their new resizing tool though...

Why?

It's their website, their bandwidth, and their servers. They can do what they want, to include shutting it down completely. They don't need our pics to eat up their bandwidth and server drive space.

Why ask why?
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    It would be a huge chunk on the HardDrives also. Think about everyone that has a post in a gallery and the repeated posts of those pictures and others when a question or information is needed. Pics would take up 5 times the space as the boards. Plus this is free, no advertisement, no spam, etc...
    When all else fails....10lb sledge hammer.

RC Qualifier
    Well yes, but it is all about advertising for Traxxas. If they did not think it payed to have this site, It would not exist.
    You're never too old to be immature

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i shouldnt HAVE to make a account somewhere JUST to post pics here....why dont they change???
    You're getting the use of this ad-free forum at no cost to you, and you decide to complain beause you not able to host pictures here?

I really can't believe how some people feel as if they should have everything handed to them on a silver platter. Unfortunately, the internet has given many the impression that "everything" should be free and easily available. The reality is that someone, somewhere, has to foot the bill.

Well yes, but it is all about advertising for Traxxas. If they did not think it payed to have this site, It would not exist.
    Traxxas isn't getting anything from this site. Yes it may increase exposure to an extent, but the vast majority of the poeple here already owned a Traxxas vehicle before they were members. The forum is a convienience that allows us to exchange information about our trucks.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 10-31-2006 at 09:28 AM.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

Quote Originally Posted by Misbehavin'
    You're getting the use of this ad-free forum at no cost to you, and you decide to complain beause you not able to host pictures here?

I really can't believe how some people feel as if they should have everything handed to them on a silver platter. Unfortunately, the internet has given many the impression that "everything" should be free and easily available. The reality is that someone, somewhere, has to foot the bill.
    Couldn't agree more. And Thanks Traxxas for this forum!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Misbehavin'
    Traxxas isn't getting anything from this site. Yes it may increase exposure to an extent, but the vast majority of the poeple here already owned a Traxxas vehicle before they were members. The forum is a convienience that allows us to exchange information about our trucks.
    I have to disagree here. I think having this forum helps in residual sales, and also promotes keeping Traxxas customers. If this forum was not here and to my own fault I would have burned up my first nitro motor, probably would have been very fed up and never bought another traxxas product again (at no fault to Traxxas). But the forum was here, I learned my mistakes and not only continued with my TMAXX but bought a Rustler and a Bandit and a 2nd TMAXX for my kids. Definately would not have happened without this forum.
    I think it was a very good idea onn a business perspective.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have to disagree here. I think having this forum helps in residual sales, and also promotes keeping Traxxas customers.
    I should probably rephrase that to avoid confusion.

Traxxas isn't getting any mainstream advertising benefit from this forum, as the vast majority of the people here already owned a Traxxas vehicle before they were members. The forum is targeted towards those who have bought vehicles.

The forum is not really a driving force behind sales, like you'd expect from a magazine or TV ad.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

RC Qualifier
    Well actually, I had not purchased a Traxxas product before I found this forum. I was researching what kind of R/Cs I might want and found this forum via my search. As a result, and discovering Swami's info on here as well, I bought a Stampede, which lead to my friends and neighbors buying rustlers and stampedes, which lead to a T-Maxx and two E-maxxes, etc....
    This site definately helps promote sales in my experience. Also, there are policies against non-traxxas discussions, links, sales, etc, that lead me to believe that this site is a viable marketing tool that the powers that be deem worth defending against intrusion.
    But that is getting way off topic. I do appreciate this site for the support it provides, and thats really the bottom line to consumers like me.
    You're never too old to be immature