Thread: 1 battery

RC Competitor

1 battery

When I plug one battery into a plug (only works on one) the truck actualy works. I accidently did it once and turned the servo, but didn't try the motors becuase i noticed it and thought it might get wrecked. Even the red light goes on but only if I plug in to the right connector. Why's this?? Is it normal??

RC Competitor
    It will work but not for long. I think the esc can handle just a 6 cell so I guess this is normal.

RC Champion
    It's because the servos get their power from only one side of the EVX. So the EVX only uses one of the batteries to power everything. The servos will work and the evx will light up but the motors will not turn without both packs hooked up.
    Some things are just meant to make us wonder.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSP
    It's because the servos get their power from only one side of the EVX. So the EVX only uses one of the batteries to power everything. The servos will work and the evx will light up but the motors will not turn without both packs hooked up.
    Yep, that's it. The evx uses the bec side of the truck to run everything but the motors as texas said, but you won't turn the motors like this. It won't hurt anything if you power something when it is like this, so don't worry if you messed anything up.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Racer
    traxxas/novak is working on a adaptor to make the evx a 1-battery setup...but how hard is that??
    MAXX STANG!!! King of the street!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Maxxer06
    traxxas/novak is working on a adaptor to make the evx a 1-battery setup...but how hard is that??
    Its about this hard.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by superman0604
    Its about this hard.
    At the rate it took Novak to develop the HV-Maxx, I say that will take a good year or two.