Thread: tire questions

RC Champion

tire questions

ok so ive been try to decide on one set of tires. can anyone tell me the tread life and traction i would get with any of these tires
    3.8 sportmaxx
    3.8 revo responce tires
    or 3.2 imex trail dawgs
    fight for what you believe, no matter the risk

RC Qualifier
    imo most chevrons style tires will last the longest OFF road..but generaly have poor traction unless your in damp to muddy conditions...

personly im a big fan of chevrons there generaly the best bang for the buck when it comes to bashing

RC Champion
    i used the 3.2 chevrons before from a friend and didnt like them. and the talons im using now are ok but im lookin for more traction on dirt clay and road. and id rather have one of the three tire styles i listed.

RC Champion
    can anyone else help me out here?

RC Champion
    For all around running, you would be better off with the sporttraxx or the trail dawgs. If you pln on racing, the response tires would do a great job. The sporttraxx and trail dawgs will last you a long time, but the responses will not last nearly as long. It really comes down to what you plan to do with them.

RC Enthusiast
    I am looking in getting the "Big Joe" from proline then putting them on either dished white or bead locks rims, (bead lock rims are much more) and I like the dished for off road (it keeps the sticks out of the rims. The Big Joe's are also an inch wider than the stock tires. Looking forward to show revo likes it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i don't like chevrons because they have no traction what so ever. i used my old school tmaxx tires for bashing and just didn't like them what so ever. and the big joes are so big... you'll be having diff problems in no time. added to the diff problems the 2.5r has a hard time shifting with them on. i would stick with a lighter weight tire for better performance and less stress on your truck
    |N|i|t|r|o|m|e|t|h|a|n|e| - My anti-drug

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxxchump
    the 2.5r has a hard time shifting with them on. i would stick with a lighter weight tire for better performance and less stress on your truck
    lol my picco in my truck now has no problem with power actually im twisting the stock shafts on my truck.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    haha. i wouldn't doube it. torque on one end and rediculous rotation mass at the other. i'm am not a fan of any large tire other then for crawling.
    |N|i|t|r|o|m|e|t|h|a|n|e| - My anti-drug

RC poster
    imo i wouldnt go for any of those. my pick goes to the maxx mulchers by proline. i had a pair, and they held up great under my picco.27. worked great for all surfaces

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyrevo2
    ok so ive been try to decide on one set of tires. can anyone tell me the tread life and traction i would get with any of these tires
    3.8 sportmaxx
    3.8 revo responce tires
    or 3.2 imex trail dawgs

I run the 3.8 Sporttraxx Revo tires they are soft rubber, hook up very well and do not last long on hard pac surfaces. The responce tires are supposed to also be soft rubber and lighter for racing.
    Revo 3.3
    Revo 2.5R x2
    1/8 Truggy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    get talons they work great in my opinion
    65mph n rusty 13 more mph to go :)

RC Racer
    I just got maximizer beadlocks and team losi zombies and the set works great for me. I am a basher so can't tell you for racing. They look sexy too. LOL
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=344221
    What's a REVO 3.3?