RC Enthusiast

rear Diff Problems

at the end of my bashing today, i had a bad jump where it my 3.3 flipped 8 times , and now my rear diff is ratcheting and not engaged the whole time. After taking apaart every to get to the diff, i took out the fluid and nothing is wrong with any of the parts in the diff or the trans, so now i am coonfused and without diff fluid to put back in. Has anyone had this ratcheting problem before? How did you fix it? did you use shims to get the stuff to engage?
    Revo 3.3 i have lost count of mods...

RC Champion
    are you shur its not your tranny gears .
    fight for what you believe, no matter the risk

RC Competitor
    posibly the ring/pinion gear, also check the mesh on the spur gear just to make sure.

RC Enthusiast
    I Had bought My revo used, it had the same problem check your spider gears in the rear diff they don't always look stripped examine them closely.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by redman2
    posibly the ring/pinion gear, also check the mesh on the spur gear just to make sure.
    +1
    i would think it would be your mesh or your ring and pinion. it has happened to me and i couldn't figure it out. check your teeth on the spur, ring, and pinion. i know my ring and pinion needed to be shimmed slightly.
    |N|i|t|r|o|m|e|t|h|a|n|e| - My anti-drug

RC Qualifier
    also check the bearing once you open the diff case....if the bearing is blown....so is your mesh

RC Racer
    I had the same prob. But mine happend after a rebuild, I ended up buying a new diff. just because i assumed i stripped the gears without even looking into it. I think it ended up being the ring and pinion, I must have left out a washer while putting it back together from the rebuild.