RC poster

Should I buy the 4 tec???

I have two that already that are nitro. I am wondering if the 4 tec is a good platform for something that is RTR. Also, I would like to know what to buy to get it fast. I hear alot of discussion about going brushless. Should one of these brushless motors be my first purchase with the 4 tec?

RC Racer
    I've had this one for about 3 weeks and am installing brushless system.
    Seems like parts are available, tho not as many as some. It's quick, but if you have a nitro 4 tec you know that.
    Brushless technology and new power sources put a lot into this chassis. Suspension modifications and alignment are crucial.
    Everytime you kick it up a notch, something else raises it's ugly head.
    Bus

RC Qualifier
    I love my 4-tec because its fun to drive and very tough. It's also fast enough that you can barley get it up to full speed in your driveway. Try a Novak GTB/Velociti motor system... thats what most people here use for BL...
    L'argent ne fait pas le bonheur, mais il aide.

RC Racer
    When novak came out with their b/l system, i looked at it very closely. i like flexibility in a design. The CC Mamba Max has that. Laptop programable.
    i'm running ten gp3300 cells now in a 5700 (mid performance). With the stock gearing @ 84/28, or 6.39 final, it's extremely fast. 87/20 or 9.1 final should tame it down to be able to run with a 3.3 4 Tec.
    Bus