Thread: offset or not?

RC Racer

Question offset or not?

i will get beadlock rims but i don't know which offset rim or not?
    would you let me know what are the advantages of having offset wheel?
    revo 25r, tekno wing mount, 1/8 scale proline wing, resonator, aluminum arms, aluminum skid plates & steering servo guard, high flow filter, will be picco .26, wheelie bar, 36/17 ratio gear, maybe new radio next year.

RC Racer
    1/2 inch offset will give you more stability in rough parts of the track. I like 1/2 offset the best...my truck seems alot more stable with em'.

RC Racer
    is it mean rims are wider? if it is, can I still use regular tires or have special tires for it?
    revo 25r, tekno wing mount, 1/8 scale proline wing, resonator, aluminum arms, aluminum skid plates & steering servo guard, high flow filter, will be picco .26, wheelie bar, 36/17 ratio gear, maybe new radio next year.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mlee
    is it mean rims are wider? if it is, can I still use regular tires or have special tires for it?
    No, the wheels are the same width. The offset wheels just stick out further. The offset wheels make the wheelbase of the vehicle wider.

RC Racer
    thanks alot and have happy x-mas!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I would say it depends on the type of track. I would say on a tight track you would use a zero offset rim. For wide open tracks I would run 1/2 offset rim. This is IMO.
    Revo 3.3
    Revo 2.5R x2
    1/8 Truggy

RC Racer
    the 1/2" offset makes the truck about 1" wider and more stable but alot of people say you can lose some steering and others say you gain steering I dunno I havent ran my new shoes yet...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    are these considered 1/2 offset,they say offset 28 mm?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...L=++&search=Go

RC Qualifier
    Yes (a little more than 1/2") but you will need 17mm adapters...which in my opinion is the best setup. I used 23mm for a while & had too many problems with them, none since I switched.
    Last edited by beast95451; 12-11-2006 at 09:50 PM.
    8% away from needing a new username.

RC Enthusiast
    I agree I have 1/2'' offset dish rims with paddles in the snow, and it feels like I need more room to turn around. But the paddles aren't very directional unless your on the gas, which doesn't help.

RC Racer
    I have the maximizer with zero offset and they work just fine for me.
    What's a REVO 3.3?