Thread: Light Parts

RC Competitor

Light Parts

I Need Help On Finding Lighter Parts For My Jato For It Will Be A Street Racer
    NITRO 4TEC:OS 18TM WITH ALL THE LIGHT UPGRADES

RC Champion
    don't buy aluminum stuff.......stay stock except for the engine and gearing and remove weight like the EZ start and dirt guards...this will be the key to going faster.

RC Champion
    yeah... there are not too many parts out there to make it lighter... one thing would be the 5522x chassis. it is lighter and stronger than stock. also the red traxxas turnbuckels are lighter. but they are much weaker than the stock ones.
    other than that like jato75 said start taking things off that are not needed.
    9R

RC Champion
    yeah, thanks R-man---forgot about the 5522x chassis....been awhile since i put those on!

RC Champion
    Lunsford Racing-titanium turnbuckles and hinge pins. New chassis will help

RC Competitor
    Is There Any Carbon Fiber For This Thing Yet

RC Champion
    nope

RC Qualifier
    I've see carbon fiber hinge pins but can't remember the site. If your wanting a street racer, you might want to go with a massive engine and a bit more weight, some of the Miami guys were having trouble keeping their cars on the road until they put aluminium on!!

RC Champion
    yeah there is the JD Carbon hing pins and turnbuckels. I did not reccomend them because I have not used them yet. Here is the link:
    http://jdcarbon.com/search.html?q=jato
    9R

RC Racer
    I agree with all , but a well balanced jato will beat a lighter one in the corners and win the race like Jato360 said..I tried making a lite weight jato and it was to hard to control in and out of the corners but was rocket in a straight line when the front wheels were on the ground. Also had problems with flexing.
    Went with alot of aluminum and and put as much weight in the middle as I could..
    Jato

RC Champion
    the 5522x chassis should fix any chassis flex issue.
    9R

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    dished wheels are lighter, maybe an after market engine mount will be lighter, I've heard the CF hinge pins are great on the revo, vantage makes a carbon fiber exhaust pipe for the revo that you can easily make fit. if you are desperate enough you can cut holes in the chasis
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!

RC Qualifier
    i use jdcarbon all round... i love them. they are light and really strong. the only problem i encountered with them is that they need to be put in all the way to have 0 degrees of camber. I just shaved down my plastic links with a electric sander and they are a dream. LIGHT AND STRONG dosent get any better than that

RC Enthusiast
    That problem has been corrected by the way. =)

Quote Originally Posted by jato4life2
    i use jdcarbon all round... i love them. they are light and really strong. the only problem i encountered with them is that they need to be put in all the way to have 0 degrees of camber. I just shaved down my plastic links with a electric sander and they are a dream. LIGHT AND STRONG dosent get any better than that
    Owner, JDCarbon.com
    Carbon Fiber RC Hopups

RC Competitor
    Whenever This Project Is Over Will It Be Able To Be My Nitro 4tec