Thread: Tire Exchange

RC Competitor

Tire Exchange

Will There Be A Problem If I Put On 1/10 Scale Foams On My Jato From A Touring. Will My Speed Increase Or Decrease
    NITRO 4TEC:OS 18TM WITH ALL THE LIGHT UPGRADES

RC Qualifier
    Whats up dude? You would actually be decreasing your jato's "rollout", rollout is a measurement that takes into account all of the various ratios in the car and then factors in tire size to tell you how far the engine is expected to push your truck with each revolution. A standard sedan wheel rolls 192mm for each revolution, the jato wheel and tire combo yeilds a rollout of 210mm with that being said your engine has to work a little harder to push your truck to a faster speed....................PS. Where you been dude?

RC Qualifier
    1/10 is going down, cause we are 1/8.
    Other wise it makes the tire smaller. Which in doubt means less rotating mass, So yes its like the CVD's, less to turn, the faster you go! Jato75's road rages i believe are worn down and he claimed that he could go a little faster due to that because of the rotating mass.

Now if its going UP! thats a tottaly different story. I dont think it is though. But if it goes up, it will be more to turn, and then you will lose a little bit of speed.

RC Competitor
    Where you been dude?[/QUOTE]

I'VE JUST BEEN FIXING MY JATO TO THE RACER I WANTED IT BE AND THE TZ TURBO HAS BEEN BACK ORDERED UNTIL JAN,2 SO ITS NO BIGGIE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jato4life2
    1/10 is going down, cause we are 1/8.
    Other wise it makes the tire smaller. Which in doubt means less rotating mass, So yes its like the CVD's, less to turn, the faster you go! Jato75's road rages i believe are worn down and he claimed that he could go a little faster due to that because of the rotating mass.

Now if its going UP! thats a tottaly different story. I dont think it is though. But if it goes up, it will be more to turn, and then you will lose a little bit of speed.
    Actually the jato is a 1/10 scale truck, and yes there is less rotating mass in a sedan wheel opposed to a jato's wheel and tire but, the bigger wheel and tire pumps up your truck's final gear ratio this is one of the reason's traxxas opted for the taller wheel and tire it helps the jato achieve a greater speed than a truck equipped with a set of 2.2's, as long as the truck has enough engine rpm to cover the extra "rollout" it has(2.8's over 2.2's) it will go faster.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw4-Tec
    Actually the jato is a 1/10 scale truck, and yes there is less rotating mass in a sedan wheel opposed to a jato's wheel and tire but, the bigger wheel and tire pumps up your truck's final gear ratio this is one of the reason's traxxas opted for the taller wheel and tire it helps the jato achieve a greater speed than a truck equipped with a set of 2.2's, as long as the truck has enough engine rpm to cover the extra "rollout" it has(2.8's over 2.2's) it will go faster.

OK I UNDERSTAND WHERE THIS IS GOING THANKS FOR THE HELP ONCE AGAIN

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Green & Mean
    Where you been dude?

I'VE JUST BEEN FIXING MY JATO TO THE RACER I WANTED IT BE AND THE TZ TURBO HAS BEEN BACK ORDERED UNTIL JAN,2 SO ITS NO BIGGIE[/QUOTE]
    Been working dude.........Yeah, It seem's that some one found out that the TM and TZ have the same crank in them and these guys have started building 2.28 horsepower drop in hybrids. I was in Rock Hill last saturday at the dirt track race and a dude had one in a 3.3 Revo; he can wheelie that thing in second gear with the stock wide transmission . Until then I thought a 3.3 TMaxx was about the baddest monster truck you could see on the lift(stock anyway) but, man that TZ Revo was something crucial dude!