Thread: Revo Vs. Jato

RC poster

Revo Vs. Jato

I recently bought a Jato 2.5 and love it. My dad is now interested in buying either a Jato 2.5 or a Revo 3.3. We are very competiteve and plan to build a track in our back yard in the near future. How would the Revo compare to the Jato? I havent seen a Revo so i dont know if it could keep up with the jato on the track....or if it would beat it! Can anyone make our decision a little easier?!

RC Racer
    the jato will probably outrun the revo unless the revo is a 3.3...then it will still outrun it, but not by as much. but they are 2 different kinds of truck; the jato is rwd, the revo 4wd, the revo has crazy good suspension, the jato has good suspension for track. depends on the track too....if it's more "off road" style track - rough dirt, big holes, lots of small bumps stuff like that the revo will benifit from the better suspension and 4wd, but if it's a more stadium style track...then idk...someone else probably can tell you, but i would think a 2.5 jato and 3.3 revo will be kinda close then... but i think the jato will still win cause it's faster....i guess it depends on track though..

*spelling edit*

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Depend of the track and driver, but in acceleration, the jato will be faster.

Cant really compare a stadium truck to a monster truck tought.
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

the jato will win! it wont be to big of a victory though. the revo should will stop quicker and could accelerate faster but the jato will turn faster and the jato will REALLY be able to beat the revo if thare is a long strait in the track, BUT the revo will go longer on a tank of fuel and is tougher.
    Last edited by Traxxasfan24; 01-01-2007 at 09:03 PM.

RC Champion
    The jato will outaccelerate and outcorner the revo almost every time. However, on a really rough track, the revo will have the advantage because of 4WD and its suspension.

RC Racer
    if you want lots of top speed, then maybe you should consider the jato 3.3

RC Racer
    2/Slash 4x4s
    4 Tech 3.3
    Jato 3.3
    Savage SS .26

RC Qualifier
    your revo is tiight
    hpi mt2, traxxas E rustler, traxxas jato 2.5, hpi savage 25

RC poster
    Thanks for all the help! I think he is going to go with the Revo 3.3!

RC Qualifier
    i will say this..imy buddy got a jato 3.3 after seeing my .15 rusty and taked himself OUT of a revo..i upgraded my rusty to a 3.3 to keep up with the jaot only to find myself smokeing it in all situations...now that ive got the revo he kicks himself daily for not getting the revo in the first place

RC Enthusiast
    good choice

RC Racer
    The Revo will clean the Jato's clock on any offroad track I've ever been on. The Jato has a better power to weight ratio, but that's it. It can't hook up on a track, so it can't use the power to its advantage. The 4 wheel drive of the Revo will get it out of corners and down the straights way faster than a Jato, and it will go right over the top of the Jato if necessary, adding insult to injury... Maybe the Jato would have a chance if the track is bigger than a football field with 200ft straights.

if you make 1 long strate with cement then the 2 of you can have really close and fun races. if that gives the jato to much of a atvantege then put dirt on part of it to make it closer. the closer the races are the more fun you 2 will have racing each other.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yea...My Jato will smoke and of our vehicles in a drag race hands down. The thing is ballistic.

However, when it comes to a racing, the Jato needs to have the traction to win, otherwise it will just be plagued by spinouts and such. Not only that, but the nature of a Jato means it doesn't brake all that well.
    BP stands for Brushless Powered - LMT1940/7 CF G2R

yea...if you hit the brakes hard at all with the jato then the tires lock up and then your saving a spin all the way to the curve.

RC Qualifier
    Revo's put down quicker lap times* then Jato's. Thats just how it goes.

* Off-road that is.
    Revo and Jato. Starterbox is the way to go.

if you add a on-road section then the jato want get betten badly at all. the jato well SMOKE the revo on-road.

if you make your own track then get a bag of quick creat(the stuff you put in water to make cement) and make a curve and a strait out of it to make the race even.
    OR, get the jato some race tires and leave the revo stock, if that doesn't help the jato then get these tires for the revo.

if the race is a challenge to both of you then it will be a lot more fun!
    Last edited by Traxxasfan24; 01-02-2007 at 04:56 PM.

RC poster
    yea he isnt going to keep it stock...his main goal is to get something that will smoke me...or run over me!! haha

I think we are gonna have a small paved straight away so maybe it will be semi-even!

Thanks for all the help!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by grant722
    I recently bought a Jato 2.5 and love it. My dad is now interested in buying either a Jato 2.5 or a Revo 3.3. We are very competiteve and plan to build a track in our back yard in the near future. How would the Revo compare to the Jato? I havent seen a Revo so i dont know if it could keep up with the jato on the track....or if it would beat it! Can anyone make our decision a little easier?!
    hi grant,
    i've had both mate have the revo now and it's the best rc i've had so far, jato was fantastic but i think it's more for the road with the 3.3, it was so fast and trying to get the power to the ground in the dirt is no go, just spins out,

RC Racer
    I have a Jato with an OS.18tm on it, and a REVO with a .26 Maxx on it.

I love both trucks, and can think of pros and cons of both.

I say go for the REVO. that way you guys can swap and have fun. and not kinda get bored with the same thing over and over again.

RC Racer
    well i would think the revo is better i have my own track behind my house and its made for my rusty and i got a revo 2.5 of ebay and i can outrun my rusty no prob so its all bout the track and driver

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Dude
    well i would think the revo is better i have my own track behind my house and its made for my rusty and i got a revo 2.5 of ebay and i can outrun my rusty no prob so its all bout the track and driver
    nitro or xl-5 rusty?

RC Competitor
    i think the jato is faster due to smaller and lighter but still have the same engine
    gET yOuR oWn ReVo 3.3!!!

Its called Nitro Fever

if he gets the revo3.3 hill have the advantage but what about a revo2.5?

RC Enthusiast
    I used to have the Jato 2.5 and it was awesome, the thing that I didn't like was that it was only good in certain situations ex, hard pack and pavement.
    I sold it on 3Bay and bought a used revo 2.5r and recently upgraded it to have a 3.3. pound for pound the revo is better I can use it anywhere. I also bought proline paddles for it. and it rips up the snow. there is a video posted quite a few links ago check it out, the video was taken with the 2.5r.