RC poster

2600kv brushless 2wd Stampede Gearing HELP!

I have a 2600kv brushless motor for my 2wd Stampede and I cannot decide what size pinion and spur gear to go with. I will mostly be running on 3s with the occasional 4s. I am wanting a good middle ground of torque and speed. My goal is to be faster than a stock Vxl rustler on 3s. I have 2.8 inch Duratrax Banditos. With the research I have done and 18t pinion and a 50t spur is a good choice. Just looking for more guidance. Mainly running on payment and grass light bashing.

RC Qualifier
    18-50 sounds really tall, but a 2600kv should be torquey enough for that gearing, though
    Out of curiosity, was it a VXL pede to start with or a standard xl5? If XL5 what bearings did you use to upgrade to ?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    18-50 sounds really tall, but a 2600kv should be torquey enough for that gearing, though
    Out of curiosity, was it a VXL pede to start with or a standard xl5? If XL5 what bearings did you use to upgrade to ?
    It’s an XL5. I got some off brand bearings on amazon. They have worked great so far. I think I spent like $6 for 10 bearings.