RC Qualifier

bowties or gladiators?

my friend and i were arrguing about that the bow ties are better than the gladiators. i wanted too know what you guys think.

RC Champion
    i like gladiators all around in the dirt, but i don't race in a club or competitively either... R man 5K will be the best person to answer this one...i think he's running a pro circuit or something.

RC Qualifier
    he'll probably get to it sooner or later so i have some bow ties in the back should i swich to the glads. on all 4 wheels thats what you ment by all a round right?

RC Competitor
    I do not have a Jato but I have Gladiators and have used tires very similar to the Bowties. I really like the Gladiators and although they do not have quite the traction that Bowties do, they last a very long time while still being very soft.

Edit: I would be coming from a bashers perspective but for some people its worth it to buy a new set of tires every couple runs.
    If its not broken, you can still upgrade

RC Qualifier
    i thought that they had too much traction and it would make the jato flip on its back.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by scracer
    he'll probably get to it sooner or later so i have some bow ties in the back should i swich to the glads. on all 4 wheels thats what you ment by all a round right?
    I think he means they are a "all around" good tire. I havent tried Glads in the front of a truck but I would think they would have fairly good traction there too.
    If its not broken, you can still upgrade

RC Qualifier
    ya i think i'm just gonna order some glads. and dye the rims black and switch out my bow ties and run the glads. with traxxas ribbed wheels in the front

RC Champion
    It all depends on what you run on. I like both of them. I run bowties quite often on the rears. To me the glads hook up a little better if the surface is really loose. I think it is because the glads have a bit bigger "spikes"
    Also the glads have a longer wear life.
    either way they are both good dirt tires.

yes this will be my first year running RC Pro ... other than that I have just done some local club racing around north texas and had some pratice time at tracks all over TX and some in LA.
    Last edited by R_man_5K; 01-28-2007 at 10:57 AM.
    9R

RC Qualifier
    hey thanks for your help ya i'm just gonna have a set of both because my track is most of the time soft but in the summer and spring it's hard packed so it would be good to have both.

hey R man 5k have you heard of the r/c x games. I was wondering if the rc pro has track simalar to that.

RC Champion
    never heard of the R/C X games? where do they have that? Just from the sound of it I bet it is SWEET!!!
    RC Pro is run all over the country. I am in the South Division and the Texas State Series. I plan to make at least two races in each series this year. Hopefully more.
    9R

RC Qualifier
    well you can look up the r/c x games on google video it's really cool

RC Qualifier
    Link to the R/C X Games III

From the page:

"What is the RC X Games?
    Nothing much, just one of the biggest off-road R/C events in Minnesota!! We race Monster Trucks, Stadium Trucks, and 1/8-Scale Buggies, but that's not all. We've also got some SlapMaFro! events such as a Distance/Height Jumping Contest, Freestyle Jumping Contest, and Last Vehicle Standing competition, as well as the FHF Racing 3-Driver Team Race (with 2-hour A-Main!), and a Powderpuff Race. New events for 2006 were Rock Crawling, an aerial show, and the Mini-X Track, a scaled-down open track for those of you who love to run the little 1/18-scale vehicles!"
    All the cool people have signatures.

RC Enthusiast
    Buy both and just say ..."Yes, both are good, own 'em both, just depends on driving style and on the track style." and then smile.

Life is good if your RC vehicle is in working condition, tires are cheap enough to buy both LOL.

RC Qualifier
    ya i'm gonna buy both

hey about the rc x games when are they gonna post the video of the 2nd anual

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by R_man_5K
    had some pratice time at tracks all over TX and some in LA.

i wish we had more tracks.
    im not looking to race pro or anything. not yet at least. i just wish we had more.
    jato - NUFF SAID
    revo - coming soon. rated pg 13

RC Qualifier
    in the bay area of Cali there are no traks so i built my own

RC Qualifier
    thanks for your help you guys

RC Qualifier
    R_man_5K: I'm just curious as to how you start racing pro series. Do you just have to show up at the races or do you need to get invited to them? You have any kind of sponsors or you just racing out of your wallet?
    Revo and Jato. Starterbox is the way to go.

RC Champion
    no problem...

This is my first year that I will be racing with RC Pro. By no means am I a "Pro Level" driver... so don't be watching for me in the mags.. hehe I am doing this purly for the fun of it.

To join just visit the RC Pro web site. I don't think that you have to be a member to race this year...but I could be wrong. It is either this year or next that you must be a member to race. So don't quote me on that... It is an inusrance thing ... kind of like autocross and stuff with the SCCA.
    They have regions all across the nation. I plan to run two races in the South Division and two in the Texas State Series ... with possibly going to the championship rounds too pending on the location.

You can have sponsors, but it is not required. I have none. Just ME... hehe...

Also you want to sign up for the races early. they post the fliers on their web site as soon as they can...

www.rcprosites.com is their website. It is run by some GREAT guys!

let me know if you have any other questions...
    9R