RC poster

please help with jato piggy back shock question

yes hi i just put piggy back shocks on my jato but ordered different springs for the shocks they are chrome.... there very stiff will this be ok for it???? and what are stiff springs for? thankx

RC Competitor
    Its going to be a very hard ride I have the piggy back shocks on my Jato and the springs that came with it were so hard so I just put the stock springs on the piggy back shocks and they are so much of a softer ride then i ordered the shock boots in blue of e bay and I am very happy. Stiff springs are for a harder ride maybe if your jumping or have extra weight or something I like to race on a track kinda flat so softer springs would work better so it to stay close to the grownd when i am taking a corner

RC Champion
    I personally like stiffer springs. I dont know why, but I like the feel more.
    Live now, not then.

RC Enthusiast
    Different springs give a different handling characteristics. Depends on driver and track. I have 3 different sets, soft, med, stiff. Better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them. Besides at the cheap price for springs it is cool to experiment when you get bored. Plus it gives you something to do at midnight or when it is raining.

RC Enthusiast
    didnt think the piggy back shocks were any good

RC poster
    i just put piggyback shocks on my jato, I was doing some jumping. After landing on the nose pretty hard, I bent one shock shaft, and broke both of the plastic shock couplings. So I agree the springs they give you are very stiff.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum0286
    i just put piggyback shocks on my jato, I was doing some jumping. After landing on the nose pretty hard, I bent one shock shaft, and broke both of the plastic shock couplings. So I agree the springs they give you are very stiff.
    Sounds like the exact same thing that happened to mine after I installed them. Switched to Revo GTR's and haven't had a problem since!
    EVENT PHOTOGRAPHER
    No Limit RC of Virginia

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum0286
    Hard Springs would prevent the shock shafts from bending. It sounds like what happens on all other shocks integy makes I personally think that baybe they are a rip, but with the small size of the jato i guess if you guys say they work they work
    Traxxas Jato: stock Right now
    HPI Savage: everything you can imagine except alluminum

RC poster
    yeah, i just ordered softer springs with my new shock shafts

I did not have much luck with the piggy backs when I got them performance wise. If your looking for bling go ahead and buy them. Now since I bought them before finding this forum I figured I should do something with them. So I replaced the piggy back caps with regular shock caps, and replaced the discs inside with 4 hole rather than the small 2 hole disc. I think those caused to much pressure which is why many people claimed they leak. I would not recommend spending $60.00 for them but they now work better than the revo swap because they have more threads for better adjustment, and with the new discs they are very smooth.

RC Enthusiast
    integy stuff is ****

RC poster
    Does anyone have a part number for the shock shaft used on the JATO integy shocks? sorry having problems finding them.