RC Racer
    so you think the dx3 is better than the react why so

RC Champion
    I like it better it is not as many button and stuff...lol
    2.5 Crankcase w/ Bearings-$18 Shipped!

RC Racer
    thank if i don't like it I'm holden u responsible lol

RC Champion
    lol.....What not to like about it? More peope will post in here so it won't just be me saying it.

RC Qualifier
    Spektrum DX3 is nice.
    Well balanced.
    Simple, not to many buttons but still plenty of functions.
    Short antenna for RX and on the TX.
    Revo 3.3

RC Champion
    Told you someone else would post in this thread.....lol

RC Champion
    It depends, if you want an entry level upgrade then DX if you want an all out then get the react. The dx has most of the essentials but the react has everything and it's upgradable thru your usb. Cool radio but it has some minor down falls

RC Enthusiast
    React all the way no question. I got mine 2 weeks ago and it is VERY easy to operate and understand. Way more tuning options plus the feedback is AWSOME. I know just by looking the the react what my reciever battery voltage is, my transmiter voltage and the engine temp. Built in failsafes, and alarms when your engine is getting hot or you have low voltage. The react is VERY cool.

RC Racer
    well i ordered the dx3 today so hope im happy with it i just didnt like the way u haft to charge the react

RC Qualifier
    You will be happy with the DX3. I just wish I got one sooner.
    Too many to list! Just ask if you want to know!

RC Racer
    The react is much better, DX3.0 moves at 50Mhz the React moves at 100Mhz. React has 40 model Memory, DX3.0 has 4 model memory. React can be used has a game controller on your PC via USB, DX3.0 cannot. React has rechargable battery, DX3.0 does not. React has Built in Telemetry, and the sensors need to detect Speed and temp are 25 each, the DX3.0 telem will cost you 150 on average. React updates automatically when plugged in using USB.
    Finally the price, you if you add up the cost of the DX3.0 with telemtry u will be spending around 450 while you can get a faster radio with telemtry for around 350.
    The difference would be night and day, DX3.0 has nothing to offer
    Last edited by Mysitkal8885; 02-04-2007 at 02:58 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysitkal8885
    The react is much better, DX3.0 moves at 50Mhz the React moves at 100Mhz. React has 40 model Memory, DX3.0 has 4 model memory. React can be used has a game controller on your PC via USB, DX3.0 cannot. React has rechargable battery, DX3.0 does not. React has Built in Telemetry, and the sensors need to detect Speed and temp are 25 each, the DX3.0 telem will cost you 150 on average. React updates automatically when plugged in using USB.
    Finally the price, you if you add up the cost of the DX3.0 with telemtry u will be spending around 450 while you can get a faster radio with telemtry for around 350.
    The difference would be night and day, DX3.0 has nothing to offer
    DX3 has 3 model memory and we are not playing video games.
    Too many to list! Just ask if you want to know!

RC Racer
    I am fully aware that the DX3 has 3 model memory and the DX3.0 has 4 model memory. What's wrong with being able to play a RC game with the React, more fun when you are at home and not bashing or racing. Besides, the React has many more features than the spektrum has to offer.
    Last edited by Mysitkal8885; 02-04-2007 at 03:30 AM.

RC Racer
    i know what the react can do but to me it kinda looks funny and thats a big turn off and i got a temp gun i don't see me racing and looking at my controller but i think the airtronics and the futaba look funny to but there good

RC Racer
    It's your choice with which radio you choose, I was only trying to help answer your question.

RC Racer
    not trying to be rude just talking don't take me the wrong way i appreciate all the feed back man

RC Racer
    Spektrum all the way. Later, Bob
    www.thewheeliewagon.com
    I get to drive this one!

RC Racer
    Hi Mysitkal8885,

They never learn!
    I'm a very happy owner of a Sensor, Nomadio is the way to go!
    Designed, build, and programmed in the US.

Designed, build, and programmed by the same firm that makes bombots.
    A special vehicle based on a Traxxas E-Maxx that deliveres a small package of semtex to any suspicious package, car or whatever to blow it up before it does that to them!
    It is used mainly to protect your own US citizens/soldiers in Irak with great succes i might ad.
    It's controlled by a system that was the base for the Sensor.

Me, i'm from the Netherlands.
    We like bargains, but this thing will never be out of date because of the way you can update the Transmitter and the Tranceiver in any way you like.
    Realtime telemetry means knowing what your "big investment" is doing on the track so in a way protecting it.
    That's the main reason why i choose Nomadio

You know what Nomadio calls there special program to communicate with spektrum receivers, Da Slow Mode

How do you like your React then?

regards chokie

BTW, don't take this personal it's a fact!
    Chokie's Revo is undergoing serious reconstruction,
    including 4 wheel steering ;) !

RC Racer
    I use the spektrum PRO TX / RX modules in my HiTec CRX Aggressor.... and I'm sorry, but it's plenty fast, it's all in the servo's, the servo's are the bottle neck in 99% of cases.... So in my books anything faster than the Spektrum Pro modules is just for marketing hype and product differentiation... nothing more ....

Thanks.
    Revo 3.3, Picco .26, HiTec CRX, Spektrum Pro..

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark B
    I use the spektrum PRO TX / RX modules in my HiTec CRX Aggressor.... and I'm sorry, but it's plenty fast, it's all in the servo's, the servo's are the bottle neck in 99% of cases.... So in my books anything faster than the Spektrum Pro modules is just for marketing hype and product differentiation... nothing more ....

Thanks.
    right on Mark B!! your setup is a very good setup as you get alot more model memory, not to mention increased speed and features at a very good price compared to the DX3 systems.

RC Enthusiast
    Having never owned or even used a high end radio, I chose the react to be my first, and I love it so far. The way Nomadio has the desktop set-up, makes it really user friendly. Not to mention their wonderful customer service. The way I look at things is this, So what if it has more features than I'll use right now, thats not to say I won't ever use them them, and atleast this way, I'll already have them w/o having to go through the process of having to sell to upgrade, I look to get 3, maybe even 5 years out of this one, and it even has updatable software. And from what I've also heard from others, is that you can use either a 6 or 7 cell standard Nimh pack instead of the the pack that comes with it. (Although I've not looked into it yet) These are just a few of my random thoughts. Its like one time I bought a brand new 2003 (in '03) yamaha R6 Instead of an R1, (My dad had talked me out of it) I had it for about a month, and was like dang, I wish I had bought that R1 instead. The 6 was just not enough bike for what I wanted it to do. So to make along story short, I buy as best as I can afford, buy it, or build right the first time, and you will save money in the long run not trying to get happy with your purchase. In the end it's all up to the user and what you want out of something, either way DSS is a winner in my book over a crystals any day. JMO.

P.S. I just went through this exact same battle myself about a month ago, the react won.
    Last edited by Jtak77; 02-04-2007 at 09:49 AM.
    Go Traxxas or get left behind!

RC Racer
    do you have the sensers for it and how acurat is the temp copared to a gun

RC Champion
    the only down fall is the size of the receiver..... thats thing is HUGE... if they made an optional one that does not have the telemetry in it.... then it would be great.... out the box with all the features it offers.... it is the best radio for the price.......
    Is there life without a revo in this world........

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ericspainter
    do you have the sensers for it and how acurat is the temp copared to a gun

If you are asking me, no not yet, but very soon, It will be just a couple more weeks, but I'll let you know how it works out, when I do
    Go Traxxas or get left behind!

RC Racer
    Hi Gkombe,

The V1 tranceiver was normal sized like the org. Traxxas receiver so to speak.
    The V2 on the other hand;

V3 is on its way, sadly without telemetry i'm told but even smaller!

regards chokie

RC Enthusiast
    I have herd a rumor stating that namadio is trying to work out a deal with AMB so you no longer have to buy a personal you will be givin a number from namadio to download and this will go into your rx and tx and will be detected by the loop when crossed on all amb systems.If this is to be true this would be something to consider in the future.I love my M11 but buying personals for each car can get pretty expensive.Does anyone know this to be true or not?

RC Champion
    I heard it was the KO propo's system with a twist. It morphs the old chronit system with the ko type .

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mms racer
    I have herd a rumor stating that namadio is trying to work out a deal with AMB so you no longer have to buy a personal you will be givin a number from namadio to download and this will go into your rx and tx and will be detected by the loop when crossed on all amb systems.If this is to be true this would be something to consider in the future.I love my M11 but buying personals for each car can get pretty expensive.Does anyone know this to be true or not?
    Hi,
    What is a "personal"?

RC Competitor
    Chokie, What are the dimensions of the V2 transciever? (my kids have different size lego bricks!)

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry about that i guess i wasnt very clear.What i was refering to as a "personal" is a personal transponder.It is the item you place on your car for racing that scores you.It picks up through a wire loop located on the track and sends it back to the race directors computer stating you just crossed the line resulting in another lap completed.Hope this helps im not to good at making myself clear.

RC Competitor
    Yep got that! I havn't raced yet so no need yet.

RC Champion
    hey chokie i have the V2 and that thing is still way to big.... it can't fit in my M1B

RC Racer
    just ordered the react as well cant wait!!

I also have a r6 and seems to me like its enough power. all in how you ride. butter cluch, wheelie away.

RC Racer
    Hi there,

@ Blindboy; dimensions are L:46,5 mm W:28,6 mm D:15,9 mm Antenna length:243 mm

@ kgombe; Sorry to hear that, got plenty of room in my Revo.I'm not familiar with the M1B, sorry. What scale is it?

@ mmsracer; I redirected your "rumor" to the Nomadioforum and Karlton Spindle (head of sales) stated it was a "bad rumor"!

regards chokie

RC Racer
    I don't really see these two options as equals. When you're done with your setup, including the multiple receivers that most of us have, you'll easily spend double on the React system. You get more, and you pay for that. You can buy brand new $120 Spektrum transmitters and $45 receivers all day long on ebay for cheap, can't say the same about the React.

I like the React, and I'll probably buy one soon, but they are in different leagues.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TriPower
    I don't really see these two options as equals. When you're done with your setup, including the multiple receivers that most of us have, you'll easily spend double on the React system. You get more, and you pay for that. You can buy brand new $120 Spektrum transmitters and $45 receivers all day long on ebay for cheap, can't say the same about the React.

I like the React, and I'll probably buy one soon, but they are in different leagues.
    you can't compare brand new in store prices with those on ebay either...

RC Champion
    @ Chokie .... the team magic is an 1/8 scale buggy but the receiver box and the battery box are smaller than most

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kgombe
    you can't compare brand new in store prices with those on ebay either...
    Sure you can when you're looking at brand new merchandise. You may pay double to avoid ebay, but most of us don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast