What Is The Fastest Someone Has Goten A 4 Tec To Go
    BRUSLESS RULES

RC Qualifier
    Most get the over 100 mph.
    Tmaxx for sale. Look in the Market Section

RC Enthusiast
    How Was the 100 mph run clocked ???

RC Qualifier
    Most do not get over 100mph at all, a stock 3.3 4tec fully tuned on a perfect surface with perfect tyres is capable of 70mph, although i suspect most stock tecs get no where near this.

I run mine stock, its very fast, i suspect mine is maxxing at about 50mph, its not as lean as it could be and its only the 2.5 not the 3.3

some of the racers will have some accurate figures for you.
    Yay 4 Tec!

RC Racer
    EDIT - Spamming removed & warning issued. - razer
    Last edited by razer; 02-04-2007 at 06:09 PM.
    thats the bottom line because i said so

RC Champion
    Definitely not 100mph. There have been electrics that can break this limit, but I have yet to see a 4wd nitro touring car do it. RC car action got one in the mid 90's once, but that car had a huge big block engine in it with some serious custom gearing, and other mods. It also took it a long ways to get there because of the gearing needed to reach those speeds. Once a nitro car starts to reach the top of it's power band, it becomes really inefficient and accelerates very slowly. 65-70 is pretty common with a decent tune. Anything over 70 requires some modding and a huge amount of additional Horsepower just to pick up another 2-3 mph. Building a top speed nitro car takes a lot of money and time because of this. Lots of people have spent thousands just trying to hit 90+. A 4-tec or any 4wd touring car is not the platform for this type of high speed goal. There is too much aerodynamic and mechanical drag at these speeds to make big gains on the top end.
    -Terry
    "The best part of wakin' up....is Nitro" i

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by terry
    Definitely not 100mph. There have been electrics that can break this limit, but I have yet to see a 4wd nitro touring car do it. RC car action got one in the mid 90's once, but that car had a huge big block engine in it with some serious custom gearing, and other mods. It also took it a long ways to get there because of the gearing needed to reach those speeds. Once a nitro car starts to reach the top of it's power band, it becomes really inefficient and accelerates very slowly. 65-70 is pretty common with a decent tune. Anything over 70 requires some modding and a huge amount of additional Horsepower just to pick up another 2-3 mph. Building a top speed nitro car takes a lot of money and time because of this. Lots of people have spent thousands just trying to hit 90+. A 4-tec or any 4wd touring car is not the platform for this type of high speed goal. There is too much aerodynamic and mechanical drag at these speeds to make big gains on the top end.
    You can get 100mph. I think a mod has got one that can do that.

RC Champion
    Call me a skeptic, but I need to see to believe. I don't beleive everything I see on these forums. I've been around this hobby long enough to know what's realistic. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it won't be cheap nor easy, and it will still take an extremely large area to get there. One nearly out of radio range. It also won't happen with the current gearing options for the 4-tec. One things for sure, there won't be much left that is stock on a 4-tec that can do 100mph.
    -Terry

RC Champion
    Are you sure you didn't confuse the 100mph claim with KPH. 100KPH is the same as 62.5mph which is right on par for the 4-tec 3.3 on most any day.
    -Terry

RC Qualifier
    No i am sure i saw 100mph. Might have been 100 kph.

RC poster
    i dont think nitro 4-tecs are capable of doing that because they are so light that over a certain speed they pick up from the wind going underneath them and flip over

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by hogy
    i dont think nitro 4-tecs are capable of doing that because they are so light that over a certain speed they pick up from the wind going underneath them and flip over
    It's actually quite a bit heavier than my Other car which is a VOne RRR WCE. Anyway the gearing on the 4tec is setup for around 70mph and you'd have to manufacture even larger gears to get more I would think.

RC Qualifier
    Well there is a vid on youtube of a rs4 doing 134 mph they are almost the same car.

RC Qualifier
    I think your refering to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIUb2pH1yP0

The car in that video is not a 1/10 scale car like our 4 tecs, its actually larger. And in this video they did not show us the results of the radar gun, so there is no firm proof of it actually hitting 100 mph.
    One_banger

RC Qualifier
    No it was this one got it mixed up with the rs4.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKW_GyyQCwg

RC Champion
    That car was an RC car action speed challenge winner, and it is electric owned and driven by Nic Case. Nic Case also ran 160 with another electric car. The fastest Nitro powered car barely broke 100mph. So far 104mph is the fastest legitimate run I have found. Every other super-fast run has been made by an electric. The IEDA has tons of "pro" draggers that have eeked every bit of advantage possible to create fast nitro rails, but they still can't outrun the electric rails in that "sport". If anyone could make it happen it would be these guys and it hasn't happened yet.
    -Terry

RC Qualifier
    Terry is right, it was an electric, electrics are far faster than nitro despite what all the petrlol heads think.

I used to race a B4 and its way quicker than my 4tec in accelleration and probably top end. i still prefer my 4tec, the sound and the smell, it just feels faster, but its not.

To get anywhere near 100mph would take some serious investment, and the 4tec just isnt that good to warrant that sort of cost, its a very old design that is in serious need of revamping, there are far more appropriate donors out there.
    Yay 4 Tec!

RC Enthusiast

110 mph

i have got my car over 110mph but the only stock bit on the car is the bottom chassis. i clocked this with a cop gun (friend in the right places:0)

for acceleration i does 50m from a stand still in 3.76 sec with an average speed of 142.5 kph.
    The Mistro

RC Racer
    I never clocked mine but I have a 3.3 with a K&N airfilter that i bought from autozone and a nice set of foam tires. I notice so much extra power with my tec because of this filter, I know I am doing 70mph easier. I dont even think there is a need to go faster...

RC Qualifier
    We took ours out this weekend. It has an rb modded 3.3, EZ start removed, excellent tires, the tallest gearing you can get for the car, etc etc. We were running on an absolutely perfect surface. (an airport taxiway). The fastest run of the day was 78 mph on a Bushnell gun. I think there's a bit more in the car. But if we hit 80 mph, we are going to be very happy campers. I just don't see much more than that available without resorting to some exotic and expensive mods...or going electric.

RC Racer
    Thats awesome 78 wow!!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    do you have a link for that air filter?
    Traxxas Nitro Rustler 2.5,Nitro Tc3

RC Qualifier
    you dont want a k & n filter, they are useless, they are not designed for rc. fitting one will allow dirt into your engine and kill it.

and, any of you under the illusion that your tecs are doing over a 100mph are pretty way off, you arent, perhaps your getting kph and mph mixed up?
    Yay 4 Tec!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by N4-Tec Mikey
    you dont want a k & n filter, they are useless, they are not designed for rc. fitting one will allow dirt into your engine and kill it.

and, any of you under the illusion that your tecs are doing over a 100mph are pretty way off, you arent, perhaps your getting kph and mph mixed up?
    Mines ia designed for rc and has a excellent screen filter to protect against dirt. I didnt have to modify anything to make it fit. just took off the stock and replaced it with the K&N.

RC Qualifier
    Ronsmoove, sorry, it isnt, it may have been adapted to fit rc but it was not designed to filter an rc engine, see attached links for more info.

(mods, if i am breaking the rules by linking to other forums please delete the links.)

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...75#post2633075

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4951220/tm.htm

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=116623

Feel free to continue with your K&N, i am not gaining anything by rubbishing the filter, i am merely trying to save you an engine.
    Yay 4 Tec!