RC Enthusiast

My Traxxas Eutopia

So let me begin in a RC world filled with so many choices. When I began this hobby way back in the day, (of me) I got my first Traxxas model at around age 12 , being a Traxxas Sledgehammer, It was my first "real" model, up to that it had been a Nikko Panther, rebuilt by Nikko only after a horrific runover in the church parking lot, (another story for another time). Anyway fastforward to age 20 when I bought my first Nitro model, a Kyosho Dodge Ram w/ QRC (a couple of years before the Intorduciton of the well known, world renowned T-maxx), followed by a couple of OFNA buggy kits I bought used, well I coudn't keep those together so I quit again, and got busy with things in my life, fastforward again to age 28, I got a girlfriend turned fiancee turned wife, she got me a Traxxas Revo for my 28th birthday, (after a night of drinking and hanging with my boys and they kept bringing up me and my RC fondness) well this time around, I got the bug and it stuck, I now own 2 Jato's and two Revo's (one of each 2.5 & 3.3) and I think Traxxas is the best RC company on the planet, they are the reason why I stay in this hobby now, from Sledgehammer to my latest Revo, Traxxas is it! I call them anytime, they answer every call, no matter how dumb or redundant, they never get mad, they've honered everything within' warraty problem I've ever encountered while I'm relearning. And then you've got Slaydaddy who looks at these message boards every day to see if he can help anyone from the regular hobbyist to the aspiring racer with his wit and wisdom. My Props to Traxxas! A company who truely cares about the hobby! If only everyone I will ever race against would run a Traxxas model, how even the playing field would be! Unfortunaley it's not, however I do have Traxxas dependabiltiy in my corner, and thats all I need for right now.. The rest will fall into place.
    Thanks to everyone who read this long-winded post, keep Traxxas alive and growing by buying Traxxas, make everyone live a Traxxas eutopia same as I, That's all for now, Later, Josh.

P.S. And let's not forget about RC Pro-Am for the original Nintedo! For this is the the root of all my evil.
    Last edited by Jtak77; 02-07-2007 at 09:31 AM.
    Go Traxxas or get left behind!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. bashin Maxxer15's Avatar
    I agree, Traxxas is an awesome company, glad your having fun!
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

RC Qualifier
    RC Pro-Am? Hey, I remember that game! Definately Old School!!
    The best technique is to have no technique

RC Qualifier
    took me awhile....but then the sparked i also remember pro am,loved runnin over the nitrous tanks.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you for the kind words Jtak77. The Sledhammer rocks!!

I used to play Pro Am all the time. I remember getting stuck on that one really hard track (like level 31 or something), then after than it wasn't too bad. Hah Hah, that game was fun.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtak77
    And let's not forget about RC Pro-Am for the original Nintedo!
    that just made me feel real old. rc pro am and ivan man stuarts off road!

your story is very very close to mine!
    "Discussion = knowledge; Argument = ignorance"

RC Enthusiast
    I can't help it, I just get excited about the very small things in my life now.
    Go Traxxas or get left behind!

RC Champion
    Yes, Traxxas is top-notch in my book too. I truly do not think I would buy anything else. Granted I have tried other companies products, but I got spoiled by owning a Traxxas product, and nothing really compares when you combine the support of the company, the quality of the products, and the level of customer service that Traxxas provides. Plus, how cool is it to have Slaydaddy posting in this forum! Thanks Slay, keep up the winning! Traxxas, keep putting out great RC products, and we will keep buying them!

PS-I too will date myself by saying RC Pro Am was a great game! Or, to put it in the right era....RC Pro Am was RAD!!!
    Last edited by Chachi_RC; 02-10-2007 at 12:07 AM.
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold