RC Qualifier

are nitro CARS worth it

I have a tmaxx 3.3 and it is sure worth having. but im feeling the need for a car but i dont know to go nitro or electric i dont plan on racing right away maybe down the road but something just to have fun with. is it worth having a nitro 4tech if you just want to play or should i get an electric car.
    YZ250, PE Revo 18tz,3.3 Rustler, vxl slash.

RC Champion
    Electrics can get just as expensive as a nitro car and require just as much maintenance with the batteries motors. With a nitro car, you can run as long as you have fuel. Electrics require you to have several batteries charged and charging to be able to run continuously. Don't be intimidated by nitro, the ez-start system and modern engines are actually quite reliable and easy to run. Just remember to break the engine in properly and to take it easy on the throttle until you get used to handling a car with this much speed. Full tilt right away with an on-road can cost you some parts.
    -Terry
    "The best part of wakin' up....is Nitro" i

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'll stick to the dirt (T-maxx 3.3 and S-maxx 2.5). 1/4" of clearance is just not enough, I can't find any good parking lots to drive on. Therefore I am selling/trading my 4tec 2.5r.
    President
    No Limit R/C of Maryland

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylton32
    I'll stick to the dirt (T-maxx 3.3 and S-maxx 2.5). 1/4" of clearance is just not enough, I can't find any good parking lots to drive on. Therefore I am selling/trading my 4tec 2.5r.
    I just go to local shopping malls or subway station parking lots on the weekend when they close. The lights stay on so that good ol night time driving is the best..

RC Champion
    I love running nitro on road. I don't have a true road car but when I slap the road tires on my jato 3.3 and drop the suspension it is pretty darn close.
    trx: t-maxx/jato/epede
    losi: microT = massive fun

RC poster
    yea I can drive my t-maxx 3.3 realy good but have a hard time keeping a Nitro 4 tech 2.5 on the road lol but both are a blast

RC Enthusiast

are nitro cars worth it

Quote Originally Posted by juggernate007
    I have a tmaxx 3.3 and it is sure worth having. but im feeling the need for a car but i dont know to go nitro or electric i dont plan on racing right away maybe down the road but something just to have fun with. is it worth having a nitro 4tech if you just want to play or should i get an electric car.
    I feel that Nitro cars are worth it because for example I have a REVO 2.5 with a 3.3R in it. and in the spring I was going to convert it to be road worthy.
    but I remembered that in the fall I used it on the road and it was very tippy.
    then there is cost Rims and tires for on road for the revo will run close to $100 US, + changing rockers+ changing springs+ and shock oil and Gearing, and still even after all that the truck won't handle nearly as good as an on road car. So I bought a used Nitro 4-tec it was in excellent shape. it goes faster stock than the revo ever would go. And you don't need to change the settings on one back and forth for on and off road. Everybody is different but I have spent lots of time setting up suspensions and things like the screws and plastic parts wear a lot more when making changes..
    If I were somebody else I would seriously consider having both..

RC Enthusiast
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...evovids003.jpg

Edited due to image size. Keep posted images 640x480 pixels or smaller. - razer
    Last edited by razer; 02-23-2007 at 03:35 PM.