Thread: Jato Control...

RC Enthusiast

Jato Control...

Hi everyone!

I bought a 2.5R Revo back when they first came out as my 1st nitro vehicle and was very pleased with it. I ran about a gallon and a half through it, but had to sell it due to financial reasons.

Now I am back on my feet and am looking to spend my income tax check on a new nitro vehicle since I miss my Revo so much.

I had a set of road rage tires on the Revo since I used it 75% of the time on the street and rarely went off roading with it, but I liked the fact that I could do both, that is why I am considering buying a 3.3 Jato.

The Jato looks like it can handle both on and off road well. I did some googling and read some people complaining that it was "hard to control" and that "it was already overpowered with the 2.5R and now with the 3.3 it is even more" So I wanted to get everyone's opinion on whether or not it is hard to control out of the box. Also, I plan on keeping it stock since I'll be driving it solely for fun and backyard bashing purposes.

One more thing that I noticed is that is doesn't come with the RX power pack and charger like my Revo did and that kind of bugs me. I'm guessing most of you guys don't use dry cells, so what kind of battery pack would you recomend? The traxxas one or some other one?

Thanks for all your help guys, I'm really close to pulling the trigger and getting back into the nitro scene I just need some convincing I guess!

-Brian

RC Champion
    you don't really wan't to keep the jato completely stock. for better control you will need to change to diffrent tires. personally i thought the jato 2.5 tires were really hard to controll off road, but with a quick change to masher 2k's it became controllable again, but i don't know what the stock 3.3 tires are like.

RC Competitor
    I also asked the same question before I got mine, (which is in the mail on its way to my house) but from what I've heard its not bad as long as you can have throttle control, if you are always running WOT it will be harder to control, but I will have patience with mine and learn to control it before I try doin things at WOT

RC Enthusiast
    I love my Jato.
    Throttle control is very important because of the powerful engine, once you have that, it is really awesome. You will love your Jato too.

RC Racer
    You won't be dissapointed if you get a Jato, it is truly awesome onroad and with just a tire change (Dirt hawgs or Moabs) it is awesome offroad as well. The 3.3 is very fast in a Jato and it is hard to run WOT for very long (you need alot of room).
    Here is a great deal on a flat pack and charger, the Jato uses the same one as the Revo.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-REVO-BATTERY...QQcmdZViewItem
    My car's so fast, it makes fast cars look not fast

RC poster

2.5 Jato or 3.3 Revo

Get a Revo
    I have both
    a Jato 2.5 and a revo 3.3 they are both great truck however the revo is more durable and more suited for bashing. If you must have a jato I would find the 2.5. when i had a 3.3 in the jato i thought it was uncontrolable.

Just my opinion

RC Qualifier
    if people think that it is hard to control the 2.5 they need to learn some throtle control just my oppion. but the 3.3 i could understand. I don't own a revo but i like my jato alot i think you should try and find a 2.5 on ebay or something.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I went from the revo straight to the jato 3.3 and you do need throttle control, I still need to learn a lot because I got it during christmas and the street tires i have are worn out so I am thinking thetraction loss is partly related to that, but it's a lot different than the revo where you can just punch it and the brakes on this are a bit slower but you will lovce the speed!
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!

Go a jato mate ive had mine about 3 weeks now & once you have learned how to control it you will wonder why you didnt get one earlier! They are just awesome even in stock form i hit 3-4ft jumps and it just loves it and when you get used to the steering it's great on the street too!

But i agree that a tire change is a must, the stock anacondas arent that good. good luck!

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you for the feedback everyone! Hopefully I will be getting a 3.3 Jato here soon!